PDA

View Full Version : Give this hand up?

keetz555
09-23-2005, 07:42 AM
The call on the turn was a no-brainer, but how do you play the river - check-fold or check-call?

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

mantasm
09-23-2005, 07:55 AM
3bet the turn and bet the river.

@bsolute_luck
09-23-2005, 07:56 AM
check/call. you'll catch someone bluffing looking for that 4th /images/graemlins/heart.gif or a worse 2 pair often enough.

keetz555
09-23-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, right... Good one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

crunchy1
09-23-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think he's being sarcastic - I think you're wrong.

I think 3-betting this turn and then leading the river is a pretty easy play but, you've also neglected a read on your Villian which could change things.

jat850
09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
3 bet the turn to find out. If you are capped, fold or be ready to check/call the river. If you are called, bet out the river unless your villian is a true trickster. Then revert to check/call or fold.

mantasm
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet the turn to find out. If you are capped, fold or be ready to check/call the river. If you are called, bet out the river unless your villian is a true trickster. Then revert to check/call or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a cap would be silly, you could have as many as 13 outs and very possibly the best hand. And you're not 3betting to find out anything, you're doing it to make money from a second best hand. You need to see a showdown pretty much no matter what.

shant
09-23-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keetz555
09-23-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think he's being sarcastic - I think you're wrong.

I think 3-betting this turn and then leading the river is a pretty easy play but, you've also neglected a read on your Villian which could change things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain was semi-loose-passive preflop and passive postflop. I check-called the river. He flipped over T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Are you guys serious about three-betting/capping the turn? Why? Please enlighten a weak-tight soul as myself. It looks like suicide play to me. Thanks.

09-23-2005, 05:12 PM
If you are going to fold the river UI then you should not call the raise on the turn since you are getting 6:1 and are drawing to 4 outs. I think you should take one of two lines on the turn either c/c all the way down or if you bet out you must be able to fold to a raise, as you are most often beat by a flush in this situation...