PDA

View Full Version : dog on the road

steelcmg
09-23-2005, 07:41 AM
On my way to work today traffic comes to almost a stand still. Im like damit im gonna be late for work. As im sitting there i see this dog run by my car on the inside of the bypass. Then about 1/2 mile down the road i see these 2 guys walking from there broke down car im guessing the dog was theres. They didnt seem to make any attempt to catch the dog. I wonder if the poor doggie will be ok. Its probably sitting along the side of the road now.

diebitter
09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
I once saw some people broken down on the hard shoulder of the M1 (a very busy motorway in England), right by very fast traffic (it was a fast but busy day, so about 70mph+ on the lane close to them with little break in the traffic), and they had let a little tot ride down the hard shoulder on a little tricycle, in the direction of the oncoming traffic. This kid must of been about 2. We all know that 2 year olds do not exactly steer too well.

They should have got a good kicking, the aholes.

steelcmg
09-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Yea thats pretty sick i think i may have stopped and kicked there ass

diebitter
09-23-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea thats pretty sick i think i may have stopped and kicked there ass

[/ QUOTE ]
I would of, but I was cruising fast in the lane nearest to em, and didn't realise all this until I whizzed past the little kid (who was a good 30 yards away from the broken-down car at this point, and moving away from it), processed this with shock, and then passed this car with dufuses standing around looking under the hood. By the time I'd taken this in, and shook my head with shock, I was about 1/2 a mile down the road in fast moving, close-packed traffic, and there was no way to get back.

Note the traffic was so tight, I didn't see the kid till I was about passing it. Bad, isn't it.

This was a long time ago, before I had kids of my own, and I think I would definitely stop now under the same circumstances, if my own kids weren't with me (it's dangerous to even sit in your car on the hard shoulder in the UK, so there's no way I'd endanger them).