PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when you suck?

balkii
05-10-2003, 08:58 PM
I have been playing $.50/$1 online hold em for a short while and am getting tired of losing. is there any way to know whether its just the variance or do i suck?
how long does a losing "streak" have to be before you know its not just a streak?

Allan
05-10-2003, 09:14 PM
You should post some hands for the forum to get a better idea of your play.

Allan

balt999
05-10-2003, 09:45 PM
We'd get a better idea if you post a few hands to critique...then we can hopefully give you a better understanding of your game.

Bob T.
05-11-2003, 03:45 AM
Do you see mistakes that other players make, and know how to take advantage of them. If not, then they are probably taking advantage of your mistakes. Post some hands, post some of your session statistics, respond to some other posts, and see if you strategy and thoughts seem reasonable.

lefty rosen
05-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Tell me how many hours you have put in and how much you are stuck and I will tell you if you are truly bad, or maybe having a statistical down streak, but I know this that a winning player hardly has worse than a bust even week, remember one week of online play is upto a month of live play. But your starting hand requirements, with position would give me a good profile of your play.

Bob T.
05-12-2003, 12:57 AM
I think that you can be a winning player, and even have losing months, not to mention losing weeks.

If a professional has to have a 300 big bet bankroll, and he makes about 1 BB an hour, doesn't it stand to reason that he might have a losing month. I think that you are underestimating the volatility of the game, if you think that winning players have breakeven weeks at worst.

JTG51
05-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Post some hands. If everyone here responds with, "you suck" then chances are you do.

When someone posts a hand here think about what you would do before you read the responses. If your opinion is usually different than the good posters responses, that's another sign of suckage.

lefty rosen
05-12-2003, 03:07 PM
I was talking about online play Bob, the hands are dealt 4 times as fast. One weeks play is the equivalent of a months live. So I guess you can be stuck online for a week or a month live but if you have a losing month online that is a bad sign, it's the equivalent of a four month cold streak, you might as well be at the opposite end of the spectrum compared to a state lottery winner then, if you are a consistent winning holdem player.