PDA

View Full Version : $55: Another early AK hand

Taraz
09-23-2005, 03:19 AM
It was really hard to decide whether or not to call this. I'm still in ok position when I fold. Villain hasn't shown down a hand yet and has played one hand outside of his blinds. What do you do?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t750)
MP3 (t2680)
CO (t750)
Button (t970)
SB (t170)
BB (t810)
UTG (t1755)
UTG+1 (t1215)
Hero (t900)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, MP2 raises all-in to t750</font>, ,<font color="#666666"> 5 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t135

09-23-2005, 03:31 AM
I would guess he most likely has a pair or AK and I fold..

09-23-2005, 04:44 AM
your getting something like 1.3:1 odds on your money.
if CO has a pair below KK then your a slight underdog.
if he holds KK or AA then your a huge underdog.
the only time your favor to win this if he has something like AQ or A with a kicker worse than yours.
judging by what u said he sounds like a tight player and he wouldnt make that move with something like AJ.
so folding is i think the best action.
however if you raised it a bit more at the start,lets say to something like 150 or 200 to play ,then you would be getting ods like 2.2:1 and that would make it a correct call.
becasue then the only hands that CO could have that would not make this a correct call for you is AA or KK and seen as your holding an A and a K its less likely that he would have one of these hands.

Taraz
09-23-2005, 04:47 AM
I didn't think you were supposed to artificially inflate your raises to get yourself pot committed. What if he flat called? Then I'd have a tough time playing a flop if i miss.

09-23-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think you were supposed to artificially inflate your raises to get yourself pot committed. What if he flat called? Then I'd have a tough time playing a flop if i miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

your not artificially raising the pot. you have got a good strong hand.dont be afraid of investing a bit of your stack with it.
The point i was trying to make is the reason why u should fold in the situation and pot odds. You’re just not getting the right odds you need.
But if you raise a bit more at the start it will make your future decisions much easier to make.
The post was about calling the all in raise or not ,and my example was just to demonstrate how you should go about making decisions like this.

applejuicekid
09-23-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
however if you raised it a bit more at the start,lets say to something like 150 or 200 to play ,then you would be getting ods like 2.2:1 and that would make it a correct call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this. You are giving away a lot of value with AK by doing this.

applejuicekid
09-23-2005, 05:07 AM
I would call. He prolly has 99 or something, but I think he'll have AQ enough of the time to make it worth it.

edited so it makes sense

Taraz
09-23-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call. He prolly has 99 or something, but I think he'll have AQ to make it worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a joke, right?

applejuicekid
09-23-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would call. He prolly has 99 or something, but I think he'll have AQ to make it worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a joke, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

eekk....it's too late for me to be posting. I fixed it in an edit.