PDA

View Full Version : Party trying to buy out Empire

LImitPlayer
09-23-2005, 02:52 AM
I don't know if this is old news or not. I just saw it

I have no idea how to paste a link so i just pasted the article. How do you put up a link anyway? Can anyone tell me?

PARTY GAMING JOINS THE EMPIRE ONLINE BID

World's biggest online poker operator considering a bid.

The UK Telegraph reports that PartyGaming is considering a rival bid for Empire Online, the recently AIM-listed online betting firm which has received a potential GBP 791 million takeover offer from Sportingbet according to reliable sources.

Empire Online said on Friday that it had been approached by a potential bidder that was considering offering 270p per share for the company in a mixture of cash and shares. The offer, which would value the company at GBP 791 million, is subject to due diligence. This weekend the potential bidder was revealed as Sportingbet, an online gambling rival, which has a market value of GBP 1.24 billion and strong credit lines.

A rival bid from PartyGaming could lead to a bidding war for Empire Online and drive up the share price. Last week the shares rose by 6.8 percent to close at 264p.

PartyGaming executives and the company's financial advisers were understood to be evaluating options this weekend.

PartyGaming and Empire Online already have a commercial relationship - a move that analysts believe makes a deal between the two companies more likely, and one that was recommended by leading analysts not long ago.

Empire Online effectively acts as a marketing company. It operates gambling websites under its own name which draw in customers, but it uses the technology and software of betting companies to provide the actual gambling services. Its largest customer is Party Gaming, best known for its PartyPoker website, the most popular online poker site in the world. PartyGaming floated in June and has a market value of GBP 6.3 billion.

Analysts say that if Sportingbet succeeds in buying Empire Online it could divert valuable customers away from PartyGaming and re-route them to its own services.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
09-23-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how to paste a link so i just pasted the article. How do you put up a link anyway? Can anyone tell me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure I can! Yes! Hi! When you are typing the new post, at the bottom there is the happy faces and the grumpy faces and the things and the stuff and the red color and the words and blue color. Click on the one that says " <font color="orange">URL</font>" and then paste the link into the thing that pops up. Then you'll have it.

30 East 60th street.

LImitPlayer
09-23-2005, 05:44 PM
thx for the help

popeye18
09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Ive been hearing alot about this lately, but i have no idea what it will mean. Could someone explain what would happen if empire got bought out?

tablecop
09-23-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been hearing alot about this lately, but i have no idea what it will mean. Could someone explain what would happen if empire got bought out?

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be exlusively negative, but if Party buys Empire existing agreements between Empire and it's affiliates are at risk of being terminated (thus ending the affiliates ability to pay RB). some of the larger affiliates may have customized contracts but the standard affiliate contract can be modified or terminated with 30 days notice.

contract (http://affiliate.empirepoker.com/Agreement.asp)

if some one other than Party buys Empire, then they could redirect Empire players to their own platform and cutoff access to the Party platform. I think anyone who thinks access to the Party fish is not a crucial selling point for Empire customers is someone who hasn't done proper due dilegence. That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if another site would overestimate their ability to retain Empire customers after cutting off access to Party