PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle PCs

IronDragon1
09-23-2005, 02:45 AM
I am currently in the process of selecting a desktop-I would like to keep my laptop mainly for research/my studies-and since space is at a premium I've been looking a lot at Shuttle brand PCs (http://sys.us.shuttle.com/)

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts about this brand of PCs/other possible options for a compact desktop

Thanks in advance

Yeknom58
09-23-2005, 03:05 AM
I built one last year.-SB75G2.

I love it.

StevieG
09-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I've used one for work with both Linux and Windows 2000 loaded on it. It makes the rounds for demos and travels very well. Great form factor, and it looks slick, too.

Paragon
09-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Another happy Shuttle customer reporting in. I ordered mine online with a new processor and dual channel RAM and built it with a friend in just a few hours. Very quiet machine, the most noise comes from the fan on my graphics card actually. One problem I have is that the headphones jack on the front picks up static inside the case somehow, and every so often I can "hear" weird things like the progress bar moving across the screen when I'm downloading something. USB headphones might fix that.

Femto
09-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I love my shuttle too, but my only problem with it is that 350W is just NOT that much for a power supply. Every single video card I put in there runs 75-100 deg celcius b/c it is under too much strain from not having enough power (its not ventilation, everything else in the case is 50 degrees). 2 cards have been RMAed so far... Do yourself a favor and get a card from BFG that has a lifetime warranty.