PDA

View Full Version : FILM:What rocky opponent would you least like to fight?

diebitter
09-23-2005, 02:37 AM
12 rounds, usual length and breaks.

SackUp
09-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Drago

diebitter
09-23-2005, 02:38 AM
I think Drago. Club Lang would beat you to a pulp and enjoy it, but Drago would just kill you, probably with the first connecting punch.

whiskeytown
09-23-2005, 02:50 AM
this is quickly becoming a landslide...

I voted Drago too

RB

Reef
09-23-2005, 03:17 AM
So the real question is who is the 2nd least opponent you'd like to fight

Dynasty
09-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Why is "Hulk Hogan" listed as an option rather than "Thunderlips".

BTW, Thunderlips is the only opponent Rocky couldn't beat.

ptmusic
09-23-2005, 03:30 AM
The chicken that Mick told Rocky to catch (the Italian Stallion looked like a complete fool).

-ptmusic

p.s. Drago of course. After him, I heard Mr. T was a bouncer before R3, so at his peak, I'd probably fear him over Apollo.

Blarg
09-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Dolph Lundgren was a kickboxer when Stallone found him, and supposedly regularly sent his opponents away on stretchers and in ambulances. The guy is tough and BIG.

Ulysses
09-23-2005, 04:33 AM
I can understand how you thought this was a great poll, on a conceptual basis. However, in reality, the answer is so obvious that the poll sucks.

diebitter
09-23-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cos I couldn't remember the character's name, and I thought only petty pedants would care.

diebitter
09-23-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So the real question is who is the 2nd least opponent you'd like to fight

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I thought it'd be a Drago-fest, but I wasn't that sure.
My interest is actually the ratios of Drago/Lang/Creed, and whether anyone would actually vote for Machine Gun.

diebitter
09-23-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can understand how you thought this was a great poll, on a conceptual basis. However, in reality, the answer is so obvious that the poll sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe. A better one woulda been 'how many rounds would it take for Drago to beat Clubber Lang', perhaps.

DasLeben
09-23-2005, 04:58 AM
is this even a poll? it's ivan drago, and it's nmot even a bit close

bort411
09-23-2005, 05:39 AM
I have to say something in defense of Apollo in his prime:

He was the undisputed and undefeated heavyweight champion up to his last fight. Actually, I think all of his professional fights up to Rocky 1 were knockout victories. Drago fought 1 bout professionally, which wasn't really a professional fight as it wasn't sanctioned, and was 0-1.

Drago beating Apollo was the equivalent of Marciano beating Lewis, or Holmes beating Ali. These results are truly disappointing.

siccjay
09-23-2005, 05:41 AM
I think it's easily Clubber Lang. He scared me more than Drago.

diebitter
09-23-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's easily Clubber Lang. He scared me more than Drago.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanted to instabump this to make sure all those beetches punking me out for even starting the poll get a better chance to take it in.

siccjay
09-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Clubber Lang beat the PISS out of Rocky in their first match. I guess thats why.

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically it was a draw, but have you forgotten he threw him out of the ring?

imported_The Vibesman
09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I voted for Tommy Gunn. Am I the only one that doesn't want to fight a dude with AIDS? How can you fight someone you're afraid to cut?

And don't give me any "he had AIDS in real life, not the movie," crap because I am a child of the 80's and I can't tell the difference between TV and real life. So there.

2planka
09-23-2005, 08:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/wormtowne/clubber_lang_i.jpg

HopeydaFish
09-23-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted for Tommy Gunn. Am I the only one that doesn't want to fight a dude with AIDS? How can you fight someone you're afraid to cut?

And don't give me any "he had AIDS in real life, not the movie," crap because I am a child of the 80's and I can't tell the difference between TV and real life. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...beat me to it. Tommy Gunn's AIDS makes this a no-brainer.

jba
09-23-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Drago beating Apollo was the equivalent of Marciano beating Lewis, or Holmes beating Ali. These results are truly disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I don't follow boxing much but don't remember Holmes ever LITERALLY KILLING Ali.

imported_The Vibesman
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to say something in defense of Apollo in his prime:

He was the undisputed and undefeated heavyweight champion up to his last fight. Actually, I think all of his professional fights up to Rocky 1 were knockout victories. Drago fought 1 bout professionally, which wasn't really a professional fight as it wasn't sanctioned, and was 0-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that Creed had won all of his fights by knockout (and that is what they were saying, as Rocky tells Adrian, "I just wann go the distance, no one's ever done that against the champ before") is one of the sillier things in the movie. Boxing fans will know why.
Drago beating Creed is very similar to Marciano beating Louis (I'm assuming you meant Joe Louis), or Holmes beating Ali, in that Creed was too old for the fight and shouldn't have been in the ring against his opponent. That it was an exhibition gives him somewhat more of an excuse.

Marciano almost cried after knocking out Joe Louis. It was probably the last thing he ever wanted to do with his career, as he grew up idolizing Louis. After Louis is counted out, Rocky goes over to him to see if he's all right. It's a shame that, after Louis' service to his country, he was forced out of retirement to pay government debts.

wrongarm300
09-23-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I was scrolling through these posts waiting to see if anyone else brought this up.

MasterShakes
09-23-2005, 01:47 PM
As a kid in second grade when this Rocky IV (the one with Drago) came out, I was nuts about it. My parents, who some would argue spoiled me, took me to see it in the theater six times. We immediately got it when it came out on video. There were numerous random television viewings in between. I now have it on DVD and have watched it a few times on that (at least the fight scenes). While I'm completely bored with the rest of the movie, the fight scenes still rule.

I now have reoccuring (sp?) dreams about having to fight Drago or watching Drago fight others. This is absolutely not a joke, funny as it may be.

Drago is clearly the correct answer.

Namdrahsirhc
09-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Your parents did spoil you Shakes. I could count on one hand the number of times my parents took me anywhere and you have surpassed that with just one movie lol.

Drago is the obvious choice though. Although Tommy's AIDS is a close second

P.S. maybe if you didnt watch the movie 1000 times you wouldnt have recurring dreams

bernie
09-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Easy. Apollo Creed in his prime. Master of disaster! The prince of Pain!

I mean really, would you really like to fight Ali in his prime? Same thing.

b

Amid Cent
09-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Clubber Lang. Dude not only has a bitchin' mohawk, but he was on the A-Team for chrissake!

Rockatansky
09-23-2005, 06:29 PM
What about adult illiteracy? That was one opponent that Rocky barely beat.

FishNChips
09-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I think that you could find a way to dance around the ring and eventually wear out Lang and Drago, but Creed, he'd cut off the ring and make you fight. I took Creed.

FishNChips

bernie
09-23-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about adult illiteracy? That was one opponent that Rocky barely beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clicked back on this thread after I first read this and checked out another thread. I'm still laughing!

b