PDA

View Full Version : Is this standard? (Really boring stupid hand)

Justin A
09-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Two posters in this hand, me in the hijack and CO right behind me. BB is 52/7/.7.

Folded to me and I raise black jacks. CO calls one more, and BB calls.

Flop is AQQ with two diamonds.
I bet, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn is some low diamond.
Check check.

River is some blank.
BB bets I fold.

This is super standard right?

Evan
09-23-2005, 02:25 AM
I'd bet the turn. Gutshots, BD draws and lots of "any two" hands will peel the flop (yes, I know there's an ace, but they still do and you know it). I really think you should bet the turn.

Harv72b
09-23-2005, 02:43 AM
...and if you don't bet the turn, you should call the river. A 0.7 AF for a guy with a 52% VPIP is pretty aggressive--he'd be perfectly capable of betting a smaller PP, busted draw, or two random cards after you showed weakness on the turn.

Remember, you opened after posting in the hijack. That move is going to be treated with supreme suspicion by anyone behind you; BB doesn't have to have a pair or a draw to call your flop bet--he could be calling it with as little as K high (or even J high).

Justin A
09-23-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn. Gutshots, BD draws and lots of "any two" hands will peel the flop (yes, I know there's an ace, but they still do and you know it). I really think you should bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's kinda why I'm posting it. Against a tight player my line is good, but I never know what to expect from these super loose players on flops like this.

toss
09-23-2005, 03:03 AM
I think betting this turn against a super loose player is good since we'll more often have villain beat on the turn.

Vedocorban
09-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Since you checked the turn, you're hoping to induce a bluff on the river. I think you -have- to call, especially after a blank hits. You're getting 5:1 on your call, so you don't have to win very often to show a profit. I know, frequently you'll be shown an A or a Q and you'll wonder why you threw that last bet away, but you'll forget all about those times when you catch someone's hand in the cookie jar or making what they think is a value bet with a weaker hand than yours.