PDA

View Full Version : earn some $

Reef
09-22-2005, 11:44 PM
If you're proficient at physics PM me tonight. No, I couldn't/can't talk to my prof. because he gave me an extension for my homework until tonight, but didn't tell me (and I just found out now).

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-22-2005, 11:46 PM
You need to be more specific. What kind of physics?

Reef
09-22-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to be more specific. What kind of physics?

[/ QUOTE ]

kinematics / vectors, semi challenging. I've got 2 pm's and 1 responder so far. I'm gonna cut it off if the 2nd guy responds

JaBlue
09-23-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

kinematics / vectors, semi challenging.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these are the easiest topics in physics.

Reef
09-23-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they're not really difficult so to speak.. but tedious.

ex) An archer shoots an arrow with a velocity of 47.5 m/s at an angle of 46.5° with the horizontal. An assistant standing on the level ground 150 m downrange from the launch point throws an apple straight up with the minimum initial speed necessary to meet the path of the arrow.
(a) What is the initial speed of the apple?
m/s
(b) At what time after the arrow launch should the apple be thrown so that the arrow hits the apple?
s

JaBlue
09-23-2005, 12:08 AM
I'll help if you pay me

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-23-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ex) An archer shoots an arrow with a velocity of 47.5 m/s at an angle of 46.5° with the horizontal. An assistant standing on the level ground 150 m downrange from the launch point throws an apple straight up with the minimum initial speed necessary to meet the path of the arrow.
m/s
(b) At what time after the arrow launch should the apple be thrown so that the arrow hits the apple?
s

[/ QUOTE ]
This is easy. First, break up the arrow's velocity into horizontal and vertical components. Use the horizontal velocity component to figure out at what time the arrow is at 150m downrange. Put that time into the velocity and acceleration equation (d=vt+.5at^2 or whatever it is) to find out what its height is. Then, use that same equation again with this height to figure out the initial velocity of the apple to reach that height, as well as the time it takes to get there. Done.

Reef
09-23-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

m/s
s

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

says the sciencer of rockets