PDA

View Full Version : ($22) Please welcome Ug Li, my little yellow friend

ilya
09-22-2005, 11:38 PM
ame No : 2758944646
***** Hand History for Game 2758944646 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:15981987 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Thursday, September 22, 23:27:47 EDT 2005
Table Table 14889 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: birdman1957 ( $885 )
Seat 5: MarxTrains ( $565 )
Seat 6: kelleybowen ( $1165 )
Seat 7: StneColdCall ( $780 )
Seat 8: nelms420 ( $4605 )
Trny:15981987 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to StneColdCall [ 3c Ah ]

lorinda
09-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Is this the sister of How Hi?

How high is the moron count in this? Are we going to sneak into the money without playing, or are we going to have to play... if we have to play I think pushing now is the right time.

I think with 2 morons in the game you can fold.

Lori

1C5
09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Oh comon, you gotta push this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-23-2005, 12:26 AM
I think this is a push, but it's the kind of push where it's way easier for me to type p-u-s-h in the forum than click the button in the actual game. Sadly, in real life if I convinced myself that the table is too goofy then I might shrivel up and fold this, while at the same time making a mental note to check it on SNGPT later to confirm that I wussed out so that I can immediately swear to myself that I will never ever ever fold it again, at least until the next time I do.

ilya
09-23-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a push, but it's the kind of push where it's way easier for me to type p-u-s-h in the forum than click the button in the actual game. Sadly, in real life if I convinced myself that the table is too goofy then I might shrivel up and fold this, while at the same time making a mental note to check it on SNGPT later to confirm that I wussed out so that I can immediately swear to myself that I will never ever ever fold it again, at least until the next time I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's extremely marginal if you run it through SnGPT, quite possibly even -$EV.

bones
09-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Weak aces are bad, mmkay?

I think I pass here as well. Like Lori said, part of your bubble profit is the # of donks who open limp 1/4th of their stacks on a regular basis. If the game is unusally tough, I probably push here. Otherwise I muck and try to wait for a better spot or someone to bust.

Jman28
09-23-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you taking the blinds into account?

ilya
09-23-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you taking the blinds into account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have the new version of SnGPT which lets you account for blinds. I think that makes a difference for sure, but what really makes me think I probably have to push is the huge stack on my left.

SuitedSixes
09-23-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How high is the moron count in this? Are we going to sneak into the money without playing, or are we going to have to play... if we have to play I think pushing now is the right time.

I think with 2 morons in the game you can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is brilliant, yet simple analysis which I do not incorporate enough into my game. I worry too much about who is going to call my pushes and not enough about if somebody is willing to take care of this stuff for me so I can sit back and collect, at least, 20%.

Apathy
09-23-2005, 01:37 AM
I can't believe people are telling you to fold this hand.

09-23-2005, 01:45 AM
yeah ilya, you're right about the SNGPT numbers--your EV sinks to break even when they start calling with about top 17%. And SB, among others, could be calling with at least that.

[ QUOTE ]
what really makes me think I probably have to push is the huge stack on my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you help me understand this? My instinct was that having the big stack on your left is an argument for folding, because he might abuse all the shorter stacks to HIS left. I would be more inclined to push this if the big stack was on my right, and he had just folded. As in: OK he's out, here's my chance. Am I exactly wrong?

ilya
09-23-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what really makes me think I probably have to push is the huge stack on my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you help me understand this? My instinct was that having the big stack on your left is an argument for folding, because he might abuse all the shorter stacks to HIS left. I would be more inclined to push this if the big stack was on my right, and he had just folded. As in: OK he's out, here's my chance. Am I exactly wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

The big problem with having him directly on my left is that he's in the big blind when I'm in the SB, ruining a lot of my best pushing opportunities. I want the big stack to be across the table from me, from which great distance he can neither easily abuse my blind nor make loose calls against my LP pushes.

chipolino
09-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Ah, push it
Ah, push it

Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby

Ah, push it - push it good

Ah, push it - push it real good

Ah, push it - push it good

Ah, push it - p-push it real good
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maulik
09-23-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe people are telling you to fold this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

An authoritative statement.