PDA

View Full Version : Empire: anything I should know?

Pirc Defense
09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
I am switching from Paradise to a Party skin, have worked a deal with an affiliate, and am thinking of joining at Empire. Is there anything I should know about Empire before I sign up?

TobDog
09-23-2005, 12:50 AM
The games should be filled with worse players than you normaly see at Paradise, your extra deal is like extra $/ hour, and they have deposit bonii just about every month, if you play enough you can make the VIP club in a short time then the RF club and add another $100 free deposit boni every month too. Good luck at Empire, Ive been happy there.

tobdog

Pirc Defense
09-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks for your response, TobDog.

boose_bagina
09-23-2005, 02:00 AM
I've got a question for getting rakeback at Empire if they have such good bonus reloads. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to get RB at a site with fewer reload bonuses (or crappy ones) like Multipoker or Interpoker. That way the bonuses you receive on Empire won't affect your MGR and cut down the rake you receive (i.e. do Empire exclusively for your bonuses, then move back to playing on Inter or Multi for RB)?

randomstumbl
09-23-2005, 02:17 AM
IF you have rakeback at Empire, you'll make some rakeback while clearing any bonus. If the choice is to play there with or without rakeback, you might as well take the extra money.

If you play low enough that you have -MGR, who cares? You won't earn any extra in rakeback, but it's not like it's costing you anything either.

boose_bagina
09-23-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you play low enough that you have -MGR, who cares? You won't earn any extra in rakeback, but it's not like it's costing you anything either.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but when you do clear your bonus, you're now playing to get your MGR back up to positive, all the while you could be getting money from RB on a different skin.

J_B
09-23-2005, 02:32 AM
Ok, lets do the math again:

RBMGR = MGR - Bonus (at party)

Rakback = 25% of MGR (example)

So, if you have a $100 MGR and $100 bonus you'd get $100 and no rakeback payment (break even.)

If you made $200 MGR you'd be ($200- $100 (bonus)) * 0.25 for $25 +$100 bonus.

Clearly BONUS + RAKEBACK is ALWAYS MORE than RB alone! (for party skins)

For other sites it's even MORE profitable!

This should have been: http://www.joesarcade.com/beatinghorse.gif and seriously should be added to the Internet FAQ.

dibbs
09-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Also, Empire is much more watchful about picking on straight up whores of their site, but if you play there all the time anyways, well then, you're just an active customer, that uh, thought to get rakeback. Even if you play pretty low I still think it's a good idea.

dibbs
09-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Pardon my ignorance as I don't pay too much attention to my RB, but if you ended up with a negative MGR for the month, does it just carried over to the next month where you'd have to work up from the negative?

J_B
09-23-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but when you do clear your bonus, you're now playing to get your MGR back up to positive, all the while you could be getting money from RB on a different skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suprisingly $100 rake is not hard to generate even at .5/1. RB + bonus always more than RB alone.

boose_bagina
09-23-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you play on a ten person table, no matter what limit, you should end up with a -MGR once your bonus is cleared.

Its been a bit since I've played at Party, but I'll assume their max rake is $3, and for clearing your bonus, lets say every hand is raked that.

That means everyone contributes $0.3/hand

Lets say your RB deal is 25%, so you get back 0.3*0.25=$0.075/hand

Lets say to clear a $100 bonus is 1000 hands, which means your rakeback for those 1000 hands will be 0.075*1000=$75

sooo, your RBMGR = $75-$100 = -$25, and this is assuming the best for a 10 person, max rake taken every time table. For the average player you are looking at -$50 at best. So why forfeit $50 getting your MGR back up to (+) when you could be playing at another skin where your MGR is always (+).

***note: I am assuming bonus is taken 100% from your MGR, becuase I'm not quite sure if it is.

J_B
09-23-2005, 03:34 AM
If you are that concerend, signup through multiple affiliates.

Also, I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone who whores party skins to keep at least a slightly postive MGR so that your account doesn't get closed one day. Having an affiliate with RB will help you keep track of that.

At a skin like say, Empire, the min rake at limit games is $0.50. For NL it's $0.05. I can see if you're a NL player this may become an issue for you? I don't have the #'s.

tripdad
09-23-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you play on a ten person table, no matter what limit, you should end up with a -MGR once your bonus is cleared.

Its been a bit since I've played at Party, but I'll assume their max rake is $3, and for clearing your bonus, lets say every hand is raked that.

That means everyone contributes $0.3/hand

Lets say your RB deal is 25%, so you get back 0.3*0.25=$0.075/hand

Lets say to clear a $100 bonus is 1000 hands, which means your rakeback for those 1000 hands will be 0.075*1000=$75

sooo, your RBMGR = $75-$100 = -$25, and this is assuming the best for a 10 person, max rake taken every time table. For the average player you are looking at -$50 at best. So why forfeit $50 getting your MGR back up to (+) when you could be playing at another skin where your MGR is always (+).

***note: I am assuming bonus is taken 100% from your MGR, becuase I'm not quite sure if it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

you just butchered the hell outta some calculations. in your 1000 hands example, you calculated your MGR as only 25% of your MGR. if you get $.3/hand, then your MGR for 1000 hands is 1000 * .3, or $300. so, your bonus comes straight off that, making your MGR during the bonus clearing play $200.00. now, you get 25% of that, or $50....on TOP of the $100 bonus you cleared.

now, when i look at a player's stats during a bonus period, there will always be 1 day where there was a negative MGR, but you must realize that that is just the day the bonus CLEARED....they'd been playing for a few days to get there, all the while generating positive MGR for empire.

jba
09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong I just didn't read the rest.

you really think if they started 10,000/20,000 tables and raked $10/pot, these players end up with -MGR??

You will definitely have +MGR after clearing a bonus in 5/10, by a long shot, by so far that I'm pretty damn sure it's the case at 3/6 too.

crunchy1
09-23-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when you do clear your bonus, you're now playing to get your MGR back up to positive, all the while you could be getting money from RB on a different skin.

[/ QUOTE ]
I cleared 2 bonuses (1-initial signup and 1-reload) at Empire last month and NEITHER was subtracted from my MGR. I still recieved my full rakeback.

09-23-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I cleared 1 bonus (1-reload) at Empire last month and I still recieved my full rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]