PDA

View Full Version : B&M 4/8 Variance or weak play

michaelp
09-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Through yesterdays session I received a string of premium overcards AK, AQ suited and not. For three loop of the button I must have received them on 12 out of 27 hands.

It seemed like each hand played out the same way:
I raised on each occasion.
3-5 loose passives coming to the flop.
The flop missed me. Once with a high card not pairing me.
I would bet or call a single bet at the flop.
The turn also missed me.
Fold or receive a free card at the turn.
The river also missed me.
Fold to a bet on the river.

The one time the high card came (late in the run) I bluffed the turn. Got stared down before being finally called by 1 opponent. Failed to bluff the river and lost to a pair of 2's.

This string cost me about 75% of my table stake.

Should I have altered my play through this period of the session.

shant
09-22-2005, 11:19 PM
No. You were card dead. It happens. It will happen a lot more live because you see less hands. If you can't handle that, stop playing live. I did. I hate live. 30hands/hour and being card dead made me so bored I stopped going to the cardrooms. Online /images/graemlins/heart.gif

JacksonTens
09-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Your cold, relax. How could it be your fault. 22 calling is a bit unlucky though.

Do you play in the States or Australia???

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

michaelp
09-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Crown Melbourne Australia

JacksonTens
09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Crown huh?

michaelp
09-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Becoming more so.

Even following yesterdays hit to my bankroll /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JacksonTens
09-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Im guessing your name is Michael P then? How do you find the old guys? Don't get on a table with too many it becomes rockfest. Have you played Norm yet? He is probably the best $4-8er there, though he is a little loose preflop.

michaelp
09-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Yes I know Norm, try to make a habit of sitting him on my immediate right if its a new table starting. He provides the odd bit of advice along the way and regularly shows me what hes up to when I'm out of the hand and hes folding it out or taking the pot without a showdown.

I don't mind the old guys so much, they are at least a known quantity and don't river me out.