PDA

View Full Version : Most obvious aces ever. But are they obvious enough?

TheWorstPlayer
09-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Everyone involved is completely terrible in every way. Calling stations except when they go ridiculously aggro in the totally wrong spots, min raise AA/KK, etc. What's my play here and how have I done so far?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($95.09)
UTG ($244.70)
MP ($131.40)
TWP (for real) ($229.10)
Button ($296.86)
SB ($100.90)

Preflop: TWP (for real) is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">TWP (for real) raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $14</font>, TWP (for real) calls $6, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($43) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $15</font>, TWP (for real) calls $15, BB pushes, MP calls $66.09, TWP (for real)...?

Allinlife
09-22-2005, 11:18 PM
insta folds

PoBoy321
09-22-2005, 11:20 PM
You are ahead of 0% of the possible hands that they could have. Easy fold.

TheWorstPlayer
09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I folded, I woulda won, I cried. Thanks.

yvesaint
09-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes, they're short-stacked, but the only outs you have are either 1 A to tie, or 3 Js to win. And, these might not even be outs at all because you could very well be drawing dead to AA.

And BB could easily have a T here. If you fold the best hand, that just means all the money is now collected in one donk rather than two, so you only have to stack someone once to get all the juicy money.

PoBoy321
09-22-2005, 11:31 PM
What did they have? I could possibly see MP making a loose call with KK or something, but I can's see BB pushing with A9 or worse.

TheWorstPlayer
09-22-2005, 11:38 PM
A3ss KK

xcrack999
09-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Wow, they really are terrible.

TheWorstPlayer
09-22-2005, 11:54 PM
No, A3ss dude is brilliant. He got KK dude to call him so that I wouldn't overcall with the best hand. What a [censored] genius.

yvesaint
09-23-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, A3ss dude is brilliant. He got KK dude to call him so that I wouldn't overcall with the best hand. What a [censored] genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are the eassssiest guys to bust in the world. Raise AK-AJ, they call with a weaker ace, you stack them or take a huge chunk off them if an ace flops.

TheWorstPlayer
09-23-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are the eassssiest guys to bust in the world. Raise AK-AJ, they call with a weaker ace, you stack them or take a huge chunk off them if an ace flops.

[/ QUOTE ]
No no no, you have it all wrong. You raise AK-AJ and they call with a weaker ace. But then when an ace flops you fold the best hand so that they can more than double through the idiot who calls a push with KK on an ATT flop. Don't you know anything?

yvesaint
09-23-2005, 12:10 AM
At least you know one of them cant fold an underpair, let alone an overpair.

fuzzbox
09-23-2005, 03:46 AM
You have to fold.
Even if MP limp/minraised with KK, its BBs push that is the unfun part. The subsequent call isnt that much fun either.

I cant see you being ahead of both of them (even if they are donks). Of course if you often see them turn over QQ and 88 in this spot, or QQ and A4, then feel free to shove it in).

fuzzbox
09-23-2005, 03:47 AM
Heheh - I posted before seeing the results - KK and A3 ... Im psychic.

Spladle Master
09-23-2005, 02:59 PM
MP has kings, BB probably has a ten but will have something random and stupid often enough to make a call profitable. Plus you can value bet MP for two more streets. Fine up until this point.

TheWorstPlayer
09-23-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP has kings, BB probably has a ten but will have something random and stupid often enough to make a call profitable. Plus you can value bet MP for two more streets. Fine up until this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
FU. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Where were you when I was playing the hand?!

Spladle Master
09-23-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FU. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Where were you when I was playing the hand?!

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to that question depends heavily on when you were playing the hand.

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No no no, you have it all wrong. You raise AK-AJ and they call with a weaker ace. But then when an ace flops you fold the best hand so that they can more than double through the idiot who calls a push with KK on an ATT flop. Don't you know anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr. Curious
09-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Why is it that everyone seems to think that a limp re-raise is only AA? There have been a number of authors who suggest doing it with KK as well, so shouldn't that be added to the opponents hand range? ESPECIALLY when Hero already has an A in his hand.

There are only 3 combinations of AA left, but 6 combinations of KK. Provided the opponent will only do this with AA or KK (I've been seeing people do it with AK lately), opponent's likelyhood of holding KK is a 2:1 favorite over AA. When the A comes on the flop, it pushes the likelyhood of KK up to 6:1!

TheWorstPlayer
09-24-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that everyone seems to think that a limp re-raise is only AA? There have been a number of authors who suggest doing it with KK as well, so shouldn't that be added to the opponents hand range? ESPECIALLY when Hero already has an A in his hand.

There are only 3 combinations of AA left, but 6 combinations of KK. Provided the opponent will only do this with AA or KK (I've been seeing people do it with AK lately), opponent's likelyhood of holding KK is a 2:1 favorite over AA. When the A comes on the flop, it pushes the likelyhood of KK up to 6:1!

[/ QUOTE ]
I put his hand range as AA/KK preflop. Then when the ace flopped, I figured it was most likely KK. Then when he bet small, that pretty much confirmed it (although I thought he could be getting tricky with AA) which is why I called. But then when it went push/call I figured the pusher had a bluff, or a ten but the caller I was nearly certain had AA and was trying to keep me in. So I folded. I mean, who calls a push into TWO people, on an ATT board with KK?!

Go_Blue88
09-24-2005, 05:55 PM
easy fold

Spladle Master
09-26-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I put his hand range as AA/KK preflop. Then when the ace flopped, I figured it was most likely KK. Then when he bet small, that pretty much confirmed it (although I thought he could be getting tricky with AA) which is why I called. But then when it went push/call I figured the pusher had a bluff, or a ten but the caller I was nearly certain had AA and was trying to keep me in. So I folded. I mean, who calls a push into TWO people, on an ATT board with KK?! \

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy and many like him.

TheWorstPlayer
09-26-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I put his hand range as AA/KK preflop. Then when the ace flopped, I figured it was most likely KK. Then when he bet small, that pretty much confirmed it (although I thought he could be getting tricky with AA) which is why I called. But then when it went push/call I figured the pusher had a bluff, or a ten but the caller I was nearly certain had AA and was trying to keep me in. So I folded. I mean, who calls a push into TWO people, on an ATT board with KK?! \

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well my play may suck, but my table selection can never be questioned. Oh well, next time I'll be sure to call off my entire stack against a pusher and preflop re-raiser on ATT board with AJ. Live and learn.

Spladle Master
09-26-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well my play may suck, but my table selection can never be questioned. Oh well, next time I'll be sure to call off my entire stack against a pusher and preflop re-raiser on ATT board with AJ. Live and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man, don't be like that. It's player-dependent and you know this. Against these opponents a call was correct.

TheWorstPlayer
09-26-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man, don't be like that. It's player-dependent and you know this. Against these opponents a call was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't being snippy, I was being serious. I didn't realise that these dudes were so retarded until after the hand. But now I do. I wish I realised it earlier, but as I said: you live, you learn.

I am honestly thankful for your comments. For once, I'm not being sarcastic.

Spladle Master
09-26-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't being snippy, I was being serious. I didn't realise that these dudes were so retarded until after the hand. But now I do. I wish I realised it earlier, but as I said: you live, you learn.

I am honestly thankful for your comments. For once, I'm not being sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Kay.

Mr. Curious
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I put his hand range as AA/KK preflop. Then when the ace flopped, I figured it was most likely KK. Then when he bet small, that pretty much confirmed it (although I thought he could be getting tricky with AA) which is why I called. But then when it went push/call I figured the pusher had a bluff, or a ten but the caller I was nearly certain had AA and was trying to keep me in. So I folded. I mean, who calls a push into TWO people, on an ATT board with KK?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious what you would have done on a AJJ, AJx, or AAK flop?

btw - I was in a live game last night and watched someone push all-in with KK on a flop of Axx. One of the other players said, "that's the only way to play KK when an Ace flops. It gets a weak ace to fold." Of course, neither of their stacks survived the night /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheWorstPlayer
09-26-2005, 05:13 PM
On any flop where I didn't have the nuts to AA/KK I was planning on calling if he had a worse hand and folding if he had a better hand. I thought that against this opponent it would be easy to tell. And I was right initially. I just did not account for his INSANE calling station properties. Wow.

ginko
09-26-2005, 05:41 PM
If these players are so bad then you will get all of their money in the next 10 hands. Quit bitching over such a marginal/crappy hand.

TheWorstPlayer
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If these players are so bad then you will get all of their money in the next 10 hands. Quit bitching over such a marginal/crappy hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
True. BUT I WANT IT NOW!