PDA

View Full Version : OT: Scores-Las Vegas Opening Night Trip Report

Irieguy
09-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Last night was the grand opening of Scores-Las Vegas. Lacky wanted a trip report... the dude abides.

Background

Scores-Las Vegas is the new name for the Lap Artistry Parlor formerly known as Jaguars. The Jaguars story is somewhat interesting, so I thought I would give a little prelude to my trip report.

The Cheetahs strip club mega-franchise was probably the most profitable collection of strip clubs in the country for many, many years. But as the owner got older, he decided to hand over the operation to his son a few years back. His son did what any self-respecting son of a strip-club mogul would do with such an inheritance: he drank and snorted and screwed it all away while running the business into the ground. In an attempt to revitalize both the franchise and his image, the prodigal son built what he envisioned as "the ultimate gentleman's club." It was called Jaguars, and it did not disappoint. The building is absolutely beautiful, and the women inside were equally breathtaking.

Rumor has it that in a room that I will call "The Cigar Room" upstairs, some extraordinary events would frequently occur. Entrance to the room was by membership only, and the membership fee was in the neighborhood of $10K per year. But if the stories I've heard are true, it was the most underpriced concierge service on the planet.

About 2 years or so ago, there was a proposed piece of legislation before the Las Vegas City Council that would effectively make lap dancing illegal in the city. It was a flippin' joke, of course, but the strip club industry was sufficiently concerned about the issue to begin to take measures to ensure that such a piece of legislation would not pass. Well, the prodigal son was busted bribing a city official in The Cigar Room and he went to prison.

Jaguars was closed, and the legislation passed. Technically, most of what strippers do at work in Las Vegas today is against the law. But this is Sin City, so everybody just ignored the legislation and nothing changed. Except, of course, that Jaguars was closed down.

Ownership changed hands a few times over the past 2 years, and finally Scores of New York purchased the club and opened for business last night.

The interesting thing is, Scores is basically a toilet. Eastside Scores in New York; the "original" Scores, wouldn't rank in the top 10 clubs in Vegas if you picked it up and set it here in town. But management clearly knows what they are doing as they have built a good reputation across the country. So, whatever... as long as Jaguars is re-opening behind a good PR plan, I am happy.

Trip Report

The Grand Opening of Scores-Las Vegas was an invitation-only event, and due to my various professional associations with the lap artists in town, I was able to procure an invitation for two. I took my wife with me as part of my continual quest to convince her that she really wants to bring some of these women home with us. (didn't work... again.)

We arrived at around 9PM to a fully catered, beautiful-baby extravaganza with an open bar. Free drinks, free food, and 224 gorgeous women (and one gorgeous person who I'm 99% sure was a man.)

The guest list seemed impressive, too: One former NFL starting quarterback, several other sports-stars of various stature, the former lead-singer of a well-known Metal band and all the regular local celebs.

The set-up was pretty sano and I can't imagine how much money was spent to deck the place out. There were ice sculptures everywhere, several buffets, bottles of Grey Goose and Belvedere every few feet, fountains of chocolate with dipping cakes and marshmallows, and roaming saxophone players keeping it all hip. It was a great party.

At midnight the open bar stopped and the doors opened to the public. The girls took off their cocktail dresses and donned their g-strings for the serious business. Scantily-clad acrobats began performing above the center stage and man, was that fun to watch.

The rest of the night was pretty much like the Rhino night during the STTF-HUC for those of you lucky enough to be in attendance on that fine evening. Overall, a very nice experience.

So, all indications seem to point in the right direction for Scores. It's certainly the most impressive physical facility of any strip club in the country, and it seems like it should be a fun place to hang out.

Any time you find yourself in Las Vegas, give me a ring and I'll meet you there.

Irieguy

SlackerMcFly
09-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Jeez, sounds exactly like the 2005 STTF-HUC event. Are you sure you didn't hookah your way into a flash-back and write this?

Great report! Slacka

1C5
09-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Nice trip report. I will be sure to check it out. Do they have lap dances there and what is the price if so? And on the stage, topless or fully nude?

Irieguy
09-23-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice trip report. I will be sure to check it out. Do they have lap dances there and what is the price if so? And on the stage, topless or fully nude?

[/ QUOTE ]

All strip clubs in Vegas that serve alcohol are topless. The only exception is the Palamino club because of some weird exclusion rule that applies to them (it's full nude, with a bar inside... though separate from the full nude area.)

Of course Scores has lap dances. They are $20 on the main floor and the VIP areas charge either 3 for $100 or by half-hour or hourly rates.

Irieguy

johnnybeef
09-23-2005, 12:13 AM
You have totally ruined me. Remember when we first met and I didn't spend money on puss? Sigh.

Daliman
09-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Ah, so diligent in your work, Irie. I admire that.

Shame I missed "Rhino night" The 47 $100 bills I took off the Mirage BJ tables will have to soothe me.

Ah. Ben feels nice on my naughty bits.

johnnybeef
09-23-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah. Ben feels nice on my naughty bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

well with your run, id imagine that anything would feel good on your...ehem...naughty bits.

Apathy
09-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Cool, next vegas trip I'm there.

Unarmed
09-23-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the VIP areas charge either 3 for $100 or by half-hour or hourly rates.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Me love the VIP areas... wonderful things happen there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
09-23-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Any time you find yourself in Las Vegas, give me a ring and I'll meet you there.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

So...I'll be in Mexico this weekend but I'm free every weekend after that until Amsterdam.

Can we go each of those weekend? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Me lika the scrippaz!

Yugoslav

lacky
09-23-2005, 05:00 AM
I miss vegas....is it febuary yet?

Steve

ilya
09-23-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I miss vegas....is it febuary yet?

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you posting? Aren't you supposed to be in Aruba pwning noobs or something?

lacky
09-23-2005, 05:02 AM
the $4700 will be gone in no time, but the look on unarmed's face will stay with me forever.

Steve

lacky
09-23-2005, 05:03 AM
leave saturday morning, early (yuk)

ilya
09-23-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
leave saturday morning, early (yuk)

[/ QUOTE ]

For the I think 7th time, good luck.

Daliman
09-23-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the $4700 will be gone in no time, but the look on unarmed's face will stay with me forever.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in a sense you're right, but most of it IS sitting in my living room, as previously mentioned in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3370990 &Forum=,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=4&Li mit=25&Main=3370990&Search=true&where=&Name=182&da terange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post3370990) post.

chucksim
09-23-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All strip clubs in Vegas that serve alcohol are topless. The only exception is the Palamino club because of some weird exclusion rule that applies to them (it's full nude, with a bar inside... though separate from the full nude area.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am under the impression the exception is that the Palomino is technically in North Las Vegas, and the "No booze totally nude" law is on the books in Las Vegas (which is a different municipality). At least that's what the bell captain at the MGM told us when we asked him....

Dr_Jeckyl_00
09-23-2005, 02:20 PM
When you find out what it takes to bring a 'nice girl' home for you and your wife to share, please tell us how you did it! That would be... fun /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scuba Chuck
09-23-2005, 04:00 PM
An Ode to "If..."

As I age, "If..." becomes so much more of an increasingly thought up proposition. If only I was in college again, I'd be playing the $215s, because I would have been too dumb to play within bankroll levels. If only I was in single again, I would have figured out how to find my way into threesomes. If only I were single, I'd find my way to strip clubs in Vegas with other interested parties. If only things worked out right, I'd be 100% certain I'd be there for the STTF-HUC II event (and my B-day).

Great report Irie, only if...

Scuba