PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Opera?

STLantny
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
I sometimes d/l opera to listen too when Im tired/drunk to listen too when I sit outside, but I dont know much about it. I like Pagliacci, and The Marriage of Figgaro. Anyone reccomend something else?

sexdrugsmoney
09-22-2005, 09:51 PM
You're gay.

(j/k) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

STLantny
09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Opera is not gay. At least I hope not.

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
So I tried Chipotle again last week, I had the three small steak burritos. Much better than I remembered. The staff was nice which was a plus, and the burritos were actually damn good. I think I'll make it a regular stop, I also liked how they have lime and lemons at the concessions bit. The food is not extraordinary, but very solid.

sexdrugsmoney
09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Opera is not gay. At least I hope not.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but very Bougeoise though.

STLantny
09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I tried Chipotle again last week, I had the three small steak burritos. Much better than I remembered. The staff was nice which was a plus, and the burritos were actually damn good. I think I'll make it a regular stop, I also liked how they have lime and lemons at the concessions bit. The food is not extraordinary, but very solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im missing something.

Guthrie
09-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Wagner. LOUD.

LBJ
09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. He forgot to tell us what kind of salsa he puts on.

Indiana
09-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Best writer of Opera was Verdi. I am a fanatic about Rigoletto.

Indy

STLantny
09-22-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Best writer of Opera was Verdi. I am a fanatic about Rigoletto.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
I just d/l requiem mass, thats good stuff, thanks

Indiana
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
My favorite requiem is the funeral requiem by Mozart. The one he wrote in his death bed in the movie Amadeus.

Indy

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. He forgot to tell us what kind of salsa he puts on.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got mild tomato because im a pasty gringo

Indiana
09-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Why do OOT posters say that Opera is gay? You must not realize that its a chick magnet. I took a girl to see Don Giovanni once, and she made me her Don when we got back to my place. Oh yeah, and she was waaaaay outta my league. She just couldnt get past the sensitive opera show I had put on for her and how much I knew about the storylines.

Indy

STLantny
09-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I forgot to show you this:
http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/movies/movie.aspx?MID=141115

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do OOT posters say that Opera is gay? You must not realize that its a chick magnet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing things that are gay just to get chicks is even gayer.

lem45216
09-23-2005, 11:19 AM
The Magic Flute, Aida and The Barber of Seville are pretty hardcore operas.

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I've never been to an opera, but it's on my list of things I'd like to do someday.

Rushmore
09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Sure, I listen to Opera, but I can't stand anything she says.

That goes double for Dr. frickin Phil.

09-23-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bourgeois: a middle class person or activity
bourgeoise: a woman of the middle class

1.) incorrect spelling
2.) incorrectly capitalized
3.) no comma after the word in question
4.) use of "though," at the end of sentence begun with "No, but...," is redundant
5.) points allowed for correct use of comma after "No"

Anyone ever tell an Italian named opera is gay?

(j/k) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

swede123
09-23-2005, 12:14 PM
If you like The Marriage of Figaro check out The Magic Flute, also by Mozart. It's quite good. I'm not crazy about Wagner's operas, they're a bit heavy and dramatic for my tastes. My favorite opera composer is probably Puccini, who has made masterpieces like La Boheme, Tosca and Madame Butterfly.

Swede

Chobohoya
09-23-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like The Marriage of Figaro check out The Magic Flute, also by Mozart. It's quite good. I'm not crazy about Wagner's operas, they're a bit heavy and dramatic for my tastes. My favorite opera composer is probably Puccini, who has made masterpieces like La Boheme, Tosca and Madame Butterfly.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all solid recommendations. Start of with Nozze di Figaro, then try Magic Flute, then Tosca. Mozart is a little easier to get into, as his operas don't take themselves as seriously as Puccini's. Try to find an Intro to Opera course in your area if you really decide to get into it. Not only will you appreciate what you hear more, you'll find more things that you like.

Sightless
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Henry Purcell - Dido's Lament

gmrankin
09-23-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Magic Flute

[/ QUOTE ]

the magic flute... lol

JihadOnTheRiver
09-23-2005, 09:26 PM
yeah sometimes. she gives good advice. i'm really upset that dr. phil went off on his own. he's not nearly as talented as opera.

sexdrugsmoney
09-23-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bourgeois: a middle class person or activity
bourgeoise: a woman of the middle class

1.) incorrect spelling
2.) incorrectly capitalized
3.) no comma after the word in question
4.) use of "though," at the end of sentence begun with "No, but...," is redundant
5.) points allowed for correct use of comma after "No"

Anyone ever tell an Italian named opera is gay?

(j/k) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I failed Marxism 101, can you tell? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

STLantny
09-23-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Magic Flute

[/ QUOTE ]

the magic flute... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...

09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ah, I failed Marxism 101, can you tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! nh

And I'll give you additional extra points for not pointing out my own faux pas...

"Anyone ever tell an Italian named opera is gay?"

I was thinking "...named Vinny, No Knuckles, Corleone, etc..." but my fingers didn't seem to keep up with my brain.

And I compounded my dumb assedness when I alledgedly "previewed my post." /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yah got class sexdrugsmoney.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chobohoya
09-24-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Magic Flute

[/ QUOTE ]

the magic flute... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Just pretend he said "Die Zauberflote." sounds a lot less gay that way.

STLantny
09-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Half of these opera's I have no clue what is going on, but for some reason this music will literally give me chills when listening to.

whiskeytown
09-24-2005, 01:33 AM
nah, but I got good and stoned last week and started listening to jazz -

I've owned Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" for about 2 years because it is the classic - and never listened to it until recently -

Toking makes everything cool - I'm sure I'd like Opera - LOL

RB

STLantny
09-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Yes, I am never a proponent of the argument of being stoned/drunk makes me better at something, but appreciating different kinds fo music is defiently one of those things taht it will do for you.