PDA

View Full Version : ipod haters, its open season

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 09:37 PM
I was one of those people who saw the ipod nano the first day it came out and said "OMG that looks amazing i'm buying it right now". I ordered it about 30 minutes after I first saw it. Well it got here a week ago, and everything was good. it was awesomely light, nice screen, etc.

Well it's busted. I turn it on today (to listen to kelly clarkson on my subway ride) and half the screen is all [censored] up. the bottom half of the screen comes out either blurry (usually a bunch of vertical black lines) or straight out blank. Music and everything else is fine, it plays sound normally and I can scroll through all the menus, its just a pain. So I'm gonna call apple tomorrow and find out what the deal is. I dropped it once from my desk (3-4 feet) but I'm sure pretty much everyone with an ipod does that, so nothing other than normal wear.. I didnt let it fall into my glass of OJ or get kung pow sauce on it or anything.

STLantny
09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
It probably has software built in, to auto-break, when someone plays anything by an American Idol contestant. Go apple.

jokerthief
09-22-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I turn it on today (to listen to kelly clarkson on my subway ride)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you're kidding.

MINETZ
09-22-2005, 10:11 PM
did u get a warranty, if not i feel sorry, ive gotten 3 new i pods from best buy from my warranty.

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did u get a warranty, if not i feel sorry, ive gotten 3 new i pods from best buy from my warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]

i ordered it from apple.com, yes

battschr
09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
I really really really really really love my iPod.

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the nano is awesome, im just miffed it is messed up right now. im pretty confident that apple will show me love though, im not too worried. i bought it from apple.com.

Drew16
09-22-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HopeydaFish
09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(to listen to kelly clarkson on my subway ride)

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I always pictured you as being male.

jokerthief
09-22-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm serious. Please tell me you're kidding. Kelly Clarkson? Why would you admit that? To think, I respected you!

PoBoy321
09-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Kelly Clarkson has a few really good songs.

jokerthief
09-22-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I've never heard one of her songs. I'm prejudiced. I guess you win this round.

Ringo_Mojo
09-22-2005, 10:44 PM
A friend of mine dropped her Ipod in the river, she sent it back to Apple thinking there was no way they would fix/replace it, And they sent her back a replacement. So i'm sure Apple will fix you up.

B Dids
09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus she's damn hot. Don't sleep.

There's a growing closet (NOT THAT WAY) fanbase for her [censored]. As far as brainless pop music, it's less bad than other stuff and sometimes not horrible.

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a growing closet (NOT THAT WAY) fanbase for her [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this is soooo true

convo between me and my friend

me- yo you have kelly clarkson on your ipod?
him- uh yeah my sister put it on there, i dont listen to it
me (knowing hes full of [censored])- yeah i've got her album too
him- word, its awesome.
me- word.

rohjoh
09-22-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i ordered it from apple.com, yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Just take it to the Apple store, they will give you a new one right then and there. I broke my mini, and they swapped it out in like 5 minutes.

B Dids
09-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Apple is very good about replacing their products, which is nice because they always break.

My current ipod didn't even break right, since it fixed itself after two days of not working.

TheBlueMonster
09-23-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dropped it once from my desk (3-4 feet) but I'm sure pretty much everyone with an ipod does that, so nothing other than normal wear

[/ QUOTE ]
just don't tell them that. Just say "it wont work and I have no idea why." Ipods arent designed to dropped from any height really. They're delicate little thangs.

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dropped it once from my desk (3-4 feet) but I'm sure pretty much everyone with an ipod does that, so nothing other than normal wear

[/ QUOTE ]
just don't tell them that. Just say "it wont work and I have no idea why." Ipods arent designed to dropped from any height really. They're delicate little thangs.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah will this is a given. but i do know tons of people who have given their ipods much abuse and they still work fine, some people swear by their durability.

i'm pretty confident that apple will help me out here and not screw me.

Drew16
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah will this is a given. but i do know tons of people who have given their ipods much abuse and they still work fine, some people swear by their durability.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped mine on the treadmill at least 5 times and had it hit the belt and shoot out in the floor and it didnt even stop playing the song. I would have to say mine is durable. I have had mine for over a year now and havent had a single problem.

JaBlue
09-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Take it to your local apple store and they will replace it or fix it.

I hope you have your receipt although it is obviously under warrantee

TheBlueMonster
09-23-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped mine on the treadmill at least 5 times and had it hit the belt and shoot out in the floor and it didnt even stop playing the song. I would have to say mine is durable. I have had mine for over a year now and havent had a single problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I had my ipod for a while and ropped it a few times with nothing wrong. Then I dropped it from a shorter height and it froze and then started making weird noises and got really hot when I tried turning it on. Who really knows. Maybe it's magic.

afk
09-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Uh. I didn't read the whole thread but did you try resetting it? Sometimes that's all it needs. I don't know how to do it on a nano, as I have a mini.

PITTM
09-23-2005, 01:16 AM
http://flawedmusicplayer.com/

pokerdirty
09-23-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

him- word, its awesome.
me- word.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sure you go to columbia instead of nyu?

mmbt0ne
09-23-2005, 01:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHA

Sucker. I bought it straight from Apple, and any time there's a problem they replace it right away. Free warantee bitch. Congrats on paying extra for nothing.

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 02:00 AM
yeah one of the reasons why i bought it so soon was the warranty/apples being good people. i thought it might be stupid to buy it right when they went on sale because a bunch of the other initial batches had been faulty, but i reasoned that since their return policy is so good i was safe.

im gonna try resetting it, i think that might be it since its not a physical defect. the screen is intact, its not a crack at all.

astroglide
09-23-2005, 02:12 AM
'since u been gone' is probably the best pop song since 'hey ya' in my book. that and 'mr. brightside' are my votes for catchiest recent songs.

i've listened to the kelly clarkson album on rhapsody twice while playing poker.

Ulysses
09-23-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely agree.

MarkL444
09-23-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its funny cause i have kelly clarkson playing right now /images/graemlins/cool.gif

09-23-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've listened to the kelly clarkson album on rhapsody twice while beating it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP?

jakethebake
09-23-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It probably has software built in, to auto-break, when someone plays anything by an American Idol contestant. Go apple.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can I get this software installed on my TV?

usmfan
09-23-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a growing closet (NOT THAT WAY) fanbase for her [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this is soooo true

him- word, its awesome.
me- word.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 things wrong with this conversation:
1. "yo"
2. "word"
3. American Idol contestant listening

Bulldog
09-23-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]