PDA

View Full Version : so does he have a set or what?

newhizzle
09-22-2005, 09:23 PM
BB is 58/5/0.7
SB is 22/0/3

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.00 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero...

SackUp
09-22-2005, 09:29 PM
or what - i'm not putting him on a set just yet. he might have 2 pair or something like KQ that he wasnted to "slowplay."

raise this preflop. isolate the limper or at worst get teh button.

Dagger78
09-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Most likely, I think folding is pretty safe here. If this is a random person.

Any more of a read on this guy? Is he capable of raising with Qx Clubs? Most people wouldn't raise the turn here unless he has you badly beaten.

BTW are you routinely limping with QT in this spot? Is the one limper already in particularly bad? I'm not sure how profitable this is here.

mtdoak
09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
With an agression of 3 i'm calling down. He could be doing this with a worse queen, in all honesty.

09-23-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong in thinking this is awful advice??? Granted it was no UTG raise, but a UTG limp on a normal player surely isn't gonna be worse than a bad bad QTo on average, is it?? I think aggression gets taken too far here sometimes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Especially when that 58% BB is gonna call anything except a freakin 72 here cuz he's "already invested".

But as it is, I think you can call down if the SB has been out of line much, otherwise I think this is a pretty easy fold against a semi-passive person (which he isn't).

turbulence
09-23-2005, 05:32 AM
I like a preflop raise here too. I don't know what UTG and the button's stats look like but you'll likely get a fold from the button and SB, with UTG and BB checking to you on the flop. You will often take the pot right there with a bet on the flop. It works more often than you might think and it's easy to get away from if it's clear you're beaten.

09-23-2005, 05:35 AM
I'm folding preflop.

mtdoak
09-23-2005, 07:09 AM
Intresting, I'm raising preflop

jat850
09-23-2005, 01:34 PM
The set is a good possibility. SB did call a PF raise AND a flop raise. What does that action put him on? PP or high club flush draw? My guess is pocket 7's or Qx with the x being a high card. It's gonna cost another bet and he is either way ahead with the set or has more outs on a flush draw. I am talking myself into folding top pair.

TemetNosce
09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Whatever he has likely has you beat here. Since he called 2 cold on the flop, I'd guess it's likely a set. At worst a Queen with a better kicker. Fold.

Either raise or fold preflop with QTo with only one limper, depending on your read on the UTG player.

SackUp
09-23-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong in thinking this is awful advice??? Granted it was no UTG raise, but a UTG limp on a normal player surely isn't gonna be worse than a bad bad QTo on average, is it?? I think aggression gets taken too far here sometimes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Especially when that 58% BB is gonna call anything except a freakin 72 here cuz he's "already invested".

But as it is, I think you can call down if the SB has been out of line much, otherwise I think this is a pretty easy fold against a semi-passive person (which he isn't).

[/ QUOTE ]

What you do with Q10o here depends on a couple factors. 1) What hands will the limper play with from UTG and 2) How much better post flop are you than the limper and anyone else that may come along.

Fools will limp with a pretty broad range of hands and I think I can beat most players up post flop. Also, it gives you control of the hand and will let you get some dead money from the blinds in. In this case we may have folded the sb and have taken down the pot and instead we get nothing now. Also, who cares if the BB is calling. His 53% calling will just add more dead money to the pot. I'm not too worried about him outplaying me postflop.

So yeah it might not be the move for everyone just yet, but you should definitely aim at getting there as it is a +EV move usually. Little preflop aggression tweaks like this have upped my game tremendously in the last few months.

09-24-2005, 03:08 PM
I think calling is the worst option.