PDA

View Full Version : So i had a panic attack tonight...

ggbman
09-22-2005, 09:09 PM
I slept for 2 hours last night because i was taking care of two girls who got way too drunk, one had to get her stomach pumped and the other was ok after fainting/blacking out, although she is a diabetic and a class A MORON for drinking in the first place.

The diabetic girl is an ex gf who i was with for seems like forever, but was actually only a year and half. She has changed so much in college, and frankly i think i'd be happier if i wasn't aware of her existance.

I then came back to school to take my first official test and quiz in General Business and IT 101. I don't know why, i just couldn't get a hold of myself. I still probably don't have a hold of myself, because i am posting this in OOT for some reason...

jokerthief
09-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Did it happen in class? What exactly happened?

YourFoxyGrandma
09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
That sucks.

Sleep is good for you.

Stop being such a nice guy.

ggbman
09-22-2005, 09:26 PM
No, it happened in my room, i could feel it building up all day. I was pretty shaken up, and i called my ex to see if she could come over to hang out. She said "it's thirsty thursday." What a bitch, especially after last night.

So, the newest update is this. I called her mom, who i am very close with. I told her to relay the message that i couldnt be friends with Michelle anymore. I couldnt have the conversation with Michelle in the state i was in. I told her about her friend being drunk, but not her. Frankly, if she gets in trouble, it would probably be a good thing. She was out getting stoned while her friend was in serious trouble with alcohal poisoning. (i obviously ommitted these details) If she continues to do what she is doing at half the rate, she will be dead before she is out of college. It brutal having that situation come up with someone you used to care about.

Sightless
09-22-2005, 09:28 PM
you are friends with your EX-GF MOM?

the hell?

TaoTe
09-22-2005, 09:28 PM
It may not have a been a panic attack without telling us the symptoms. You may want to post this in the psychology forum, Btw

kyro
09-22-2005, 09:31 PM
This isn't your fight.

Blarg
09-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Sounds cruel, but there's some sense in that.

Your emotions and energy are for you, not for ex's. Don't be one of those guys who is an emotional whore for his ex's problems. That right to drain you dry and wear you out ends when you break out. Getting to bankrupt your energy that way without being your girlfriend anymore is like not buying the cow because you get the milk for free.

Don't be a sucker. You can see all the good it's doing you. This is not the way to happiness, you don't owe anybody anything, you're not going to save the world or even a single person who doesn't want to be saved, and you have your own life, and your school, to worry about.

Do not let ex's suck your emotions dry. You're not on tap for them anymore. You should not be a martyr for other people's problems, or an emotional battery they can drain to balance out their own negativity. Save that energy for yourself instead of disrespecting yourself by squandering it.

kyro
09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds cruel, but there's some sense in that.

Your emotions and energy are for you, not for ex's. Don't be one of those guys who is an emotional whore for his ex's problems. That right to drain you dry and wear you out ends when you break out. Getting to bankrupt your energy that way without being your girlfriend anymore is like not buying the cow because you get the milk for free.

Don't be a sucker. You can see all the good it's doing you. This is not the way to happiness, you don't owe anybody anything, you're not going to save the world or even a single person who doesn't want to be saved, and you have your own life, and your school, to worry about.

Do not let ex's suck your emotions dry. You're not on tap for them anymore. You should not be a martyr for other people's problems, or an emotional battery they can drain to balance out their own negativity. Save that energy for yourself instead of disrespecting yourself by squandering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so that's what I wanted to say. But it was easier to type much fewer words.

willie
09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah you're shook, but a panic attack?

boy howdy, when you have one of those you will know, and you won't be posting on 2+2...

sorry bout the girl though- isshy situation.

ggbman
09-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Perhaps my definition of a panic attack is off? Random onsets of trouble breathing, unable to think clearly, weak physically etc...

willie
09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps my definition of a panic attack is off? Random onsets of trouble breathing, unable to think clearly, weak physically etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, actually sounds pretty close

the few i've had i thought i was definitely dying. short breath, unable to clearly think....

don't let this girl get you like that, think about how bad it's gonna tear you up when she's tokin some frat guys meatstick.- eject sir.

theBruiser500
09-22-2005, 10:17 PM
goodluck ggbman

kyro
09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
goodluck ggbman

[/ QUOTE ]

bruiser, maybe you could offer your advice on what to do when a hot exgirlfriend who parties way too much gets into trouble. I for one would love to hear it.

BruinEric
09-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Hang in there bud. I had some similar moments a couple years ago and found that my problems were amplified by eating poorly that day and having low blood sugar levels.

Make sure you eat properly -- especially during stressful times when you might otherwise neglect eating.

09-23-2005, 02:11 AM
This is just another example of everyones ever-present "Will To Cool"

tdarko
09-23-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

the hell?

[/ QUOTE ]
this may or may not be a bad thing. this all depends.

09-23-2005, 02:17 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!

ChipWrecked
09-23-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the hell?

[/ QUOTE ]
this may or may not be a bad thing. this all depends.

[/ QUOTE ]

....on how hot she is, and does she like to do younger men?

tdarko
09-23-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...and do i need a million dollars?

ChipWrecked
09-23-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...and do i need a million dollars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude like you? For a million dollars, you could do two at once.

MrTrik
09-23-2005, 10:08 AM
People come into your life and they depart. It sounds like it's time for this girl and her friend to leave your life one way or another. This won't be the last time in your life that you need to walk away.

boedeker
09-23-2005, 10:28 AM
when i had my panic attack a few months ago. i thought i was going to die, called the ambulance and everything. so i understand your situation.

i immediately cut out all things that were causing the most stress on me; specifically poker for one month. then i started working out everyday. for the first few days after the attack i would feel funny and then would wake up soaking wet from sweat at night for a few weeks.

anyway, if youre not working out you need to start and work yourself hard.

that said, i havn't had any full blown attacks since i started working out, and really the only time in the past 2 months that ive started to get into that dangerous loop that causes the attack was when i was super hungover one day.

take that for what its worth. if you want to talk someone about it feel free to pm me and ill give you a call or instant message.