PDA

View Full Version : standard or spew?

mike l.
09-22-2005, 08:19 PM
500 max buy live just okay game. 5-5 blinds. seat 5 is bad, just plain bad he has $95 in front of him. he will lose all his money and quick. seat 7 plays very well but is not 2+2 caliber that im aware of (maybe he'll reply to this post and prove me wrong), he has like 1000. im in seat 6 with about 500.

3 players limp, i limp w/ Tc9s, seat 7 limps, blinds check.

flop is KsTs5d. checked to me and i bet $20, seat 7 calls, seat 5 calls.

the turn is 2h. checked to me and i bet $60, seat 7 pauses and calls, seat 5 calls.

the river is Ac. seat 5 bets his last $15, i make it $115.

comments?

lapoker17
09-22-2005, 08:28 PM
nh. oh, wait, i mean wtf.

Allinlife
09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
give up after you get called on flop.

wtf is right.

JMP300z
09-22-2005, 08:58 PM
none of that makes any sense.

-JP

mike l.
09-22-2005, 09:08 PM
"none of that makes any sense."

which part was the most nonsensical to you and why?

lapoker17
09-22-2005, 09:21 PM
you put first guy on a bad king and bad guy on a flush draw. when the flush doesn't come, you think you can get first guy of his bad king and isolate against no pair bad guy. right? still don't love it - especially when the ace comes - what if first guy is on nut flush draw and just got there (sort of). maybe you had enough physical impression to know what each was doing - you also don't mention how they see you.

in the situation where you found yourself, i don't hate the river, but in these games there are much easier ways to make money.

The Truth
09-22-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
500 max buy live just okay game. 5-5 blinds. seat 5 is bad, just plain bad he has $95 in front of him. he will lose all his money and quick. seat 7 plays very well but is not 2+2 caliber that im aware of (maybe he'll reply to this post and prove me wrong), he has like 1000. im in seat 6 with about 500.

3 players limp, i limp w/ Tc9s, seat 7 limps, blinds check.

flop is KsTs5d. checked to me and i bet $20, seat 7 calls, seat 5 calls.

the turn is 2h. checked to me and i bet $60, seat 7 pauses and calls, seat 5 calls.

the river is Ac. seat 5 bets his last $15, i make it $115.

comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts?

Preflop - fine
Flop - fine
Turn - ::shrug:: Not a fan, but not god awful.
River- Brilliant.

Glad to see that youa re playing NL mike, your hand reading skills will make for some good posts.

-blake

TheWorstPlayer
09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
In a max buy game where you're at the max buy, I like it. If you were above the max buy, I would say just to give up after the flop.

Jason Strasser
09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are much easier ways to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

-Jason

Matt Flynn
09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
mike,

preflop your hand is table-dependent. many here will disagree. if the table raises a lot preflop, you should consider folding because of the short stacks and presence of the spewing microstack. if the table does not raise preflop you can see a flop cheap with T9o after several limpers, but not if you played it the way you did.

on the flop your bet was terrible imo. you are against 12 cards out of 47 possible, and the distribution will favor the higher end of the deck. three kings, two tens that may well have better kickers, and several flush hands with overcards to the ten all hurt you badly, not to mention add-on costs of gutshots, etc. you are going to get called in multiple spots. the collective collusive will kill you if you aren't already beat. i consider that flop bet a chip spew, and the follow-through good only in retrospect if you won the hand.

hope you won it anyway.

matt

AZK
09-22-2005, 10:25 PM
I feel like you would be better off playing a higher stakes uncapped NL game, than this low limit capped buy stuff. The general feeling I get from your posts in both forums and your style of play lead me to believe you would be fish food in low limit capped buyin games....Give you a 5k stack in a 10/20 game and now we are having some fun.

I am being dead serious.

mike l.
09-22-2005, 10:37 PM
thanks i totally see where youre coming from but my experience this year has shown me the opposite is true for now.

i have done super well in the local 5-5 500 max game near my house. i feel really comfortable in the game despite very little nl experience. i do not try to make a lot of moves. i basically try and get all in with the best hand on either the flop or once in awhil the turn. ive been doing very well with that strategy because people seem very willing to put it all in against me. ive been shocked at my own restraint and patience at times. actually ever since i turned 30 a couple years ago things have been changing big time.

anyway im scared to death of the bigger games like the 600 min buy in 5-10 at commerce. i think i would get eaten alive in that game from what ive seen. some of those guys play pretty well and have no qualms about flipping a $1000 chip or 3 into the pot at any given moment. no ill maybe check that in about 2 years, if ever.

but man i love no limit.

Matt Flynn
09-23-2005, 12:26 AM
another soon-to-be ex limit player....

find an uncapped $1-2 game, buy in for $500....

Lucky
09-23-2005, 12:37 AM
I bet flop for full 30, then give up.

Nothing wrong with folding p/f. Nothing wrong with not betting flop. But when you're hand is that marginal, not time to bet 2/3 pot.

Rick Nebiolo
09-25-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
find an uncapped $1-2 game, buy in for $500....

[/ QUOTE ]

These just don't exist in LA and surrounding areas mostly because the entire collection is taken on any flop. If anything, we are seeing more and more games with blinds of $5 and $10 and fixed buys of $400 or $500. If you can play a long session both you and weaker opponents can get deep.

~ Rick