PDA

View Full Version : Anchorman - Wake Up, Ron Burgundy!

DeezNuts
09-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Anyone have the double DVD feature for Anchorman? It includes a 90-minute extra movie made from deleted scenes, called Wake Up, Ron Burgundy! You may have to search to find it, but it is sold in quite a few places.

They are able to scrap together another movie without using any scenes from the original(although a few of the scenes are just different takes). The characters and basics are the same but with a different main storyline.

It is definitely not as good as the original and comes off as much more formulaic and not as wacky(many flat jokes), but is still a great buy for fans of the movie and has a few excellently funny parts(cannabalism, Brick's burrito from the food bin). If you are a fan of the original, this movie is akin to having the sequel without having to wait(worse in every respect but still enjoyable).

Original - 8 out of 10
Extra Movie - 6 out of 10(but still entertaining)

DN

Dynasty
09-22-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It is definitely not as good as the original

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, it must really suck. Anchorman didn't have much good in it.

DeezNuts
09-22-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I should have put "For fans of the original movie only" at the beginning, then I could have avoided the 10 responses like this that I should have seen coming.

Thanks for playing.

DN

swede123
09-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Hilarious movie. Unfortunately, I don't have the 2 disc set. Maybe some friend will buy the set with the bonus film, sounds like it may be funny. Thanks for the heads up.

Swede

stabn
09-22-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched this on Tuesday and definitely agree it was a turd. The first hour was a huge donkey but i did manage to laugh a few times towards the end.

InchoateHand
09-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Do you play Utopia?

DeezNuts
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
No.

I am glad that this thread has generated so many worthwhile responses(Swede withstanding).

DN

Blarg
09-22-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm not really a big fan of Will Ferrell or his kind of humor, but liked Anchorman anyway. Kind of surprised myself.

I think I could have done without the outtakes or whatever of him tonguing the hell out of Christina Applegate. For whatever reason, they seemed to think it was funny at first, which it wasn't, but then slowly catch on to how gross it was and that they were both asses.

Still liked the actual movie though, even though the end got kind of slow.

TheBlueMonster
09-22-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Jman28
09-22-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are extremely wrong. It's a really good movie, and a lot of it is improvised (well).

Original: 9.5/10
Extra Movie: 6.5/10

kyro
09-22-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anchorman was much funnier than joeybitch. But you already know that.

jokerthief
09-22-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hilarious movie. Unfortunately, I don't have the 2 disc set. Maybe some friend will buy the set with the bonus film, sounds like it may be funny. Thanks for the heads up.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for it at pirate bay or use limewire before you spend any krona.

siccjay
09-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Anchorman gets better everytime you watch it. There are so many little things you miss each time you watch it. It's pretty close to a classic.

lighterjobs
09-22-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anchorman was much funnier than joeybitch. But you already know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

joeybitch is cool, but he's no ron burgundy.