PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Dan Taylor

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Goddamn is his character awesome. Him being played by Gary Sinise was genius casting.

Dynasty
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
You son of a... (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Forrest_Gump=aahaah.wav).

miajag81
09-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I was seriously going to start this same exact thread after catching Forrest Gump on cable a couple weeks ago. Definitely one of the greatest characters ever.

iMsoLucky0
09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
What really added to the character also was Tom Hanks saying "Leeeeuitenant Daaan" in his retarded southern accent.

Pure gold.

-Skeme-
09-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Lt. Dan! You, you got legs..

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 07:55 PM
"Leave me here! Leave me here goddamnit!"

"I have a destiny, I was supposed to die in the field, but you cheated me out of it!"

jba
09-22-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What really added to the character also was Tom Hanks saying "Leeeeuitenant Daaan" in his retarded southern accent.

Pure gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a scene in the hospital where forrest is offering ice cream: "ice cream Leeeeuitenant Daaan, you want some ice cream" or something. my brother used to say exact this whenever he wanted to go get girls:

"poontang Leeeeuitenant Daaan, you want some POONTANG???"

Matador225
09-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Your brother sounds very smooth...

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 11:16 AM
man this movie is great, but I can't exactly put my finger on why. I can just imagine when all the academy voters saw it and calling each other up: "oh hey fred, yeah, you saw it too? well thats one category down"

unlucky513
09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
lieutenant dan, ice cream... lieutenant daannn, ice cream

gets me every time.

canis582
09-23-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
man this movie is great, but I can't exactly put my finger on why.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like it because its american propaganda. Gump gets everything he has in life by listening to other people: "run forest run" Investing in apple stock, starting a shrimp business etc.

Meanwhile, Jenny, the freethinker gets aids and dies

IndieMatty
09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
man this movie is great, but I can't exactly put my finger on why. I can just imagine when all the academy voters saw it and calling each other up: "oh hey fred, yeah, you saw it too? well thats one category down"

[/ QUOTE ]

You were stoned right?

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You like it because its american propaganda. Gump gets everything he has in life by listening to other people: "run forest run" Investing in apple stock, starting a shrimp business etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please. and look what happens to the lieutenant. definitely propaganda.

Voltron87
09-23-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were stoned right?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah. ive seen it 6-7 times though.

09-23-2005, 02:01 PM
I love how gump is edited so many of the historical events, just hilarious

tdarko
09-23-2005, 02:15 PM
best sequence of the movie.

Forrest Gump: Lieutenant Dan, what are you doing here?
Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: I'm here to try out my sea legs.
Forrest Gump: But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.
Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: [mildly irritated, but understanding] Yes... yes, I know that. You wrote me a letter, you idiot!

canis582
09-23-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh please. and look what happens to the lieutenant. definitely propaganda.

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems pretty happy at the end with his new legs.
If it was realistic, they would have showed him killing himself like so many other legless vietnam vets.

youtalkfunny
09-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I love the word "propaganda".