PDA

View Full Version : Me and a couple of hooks.

suited_ace
09-22-2005, 06:01 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2756947839 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:15971899 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Thursday, September 22, 17:57:39 EDT 2005
Table Table 15029 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 3: flyingace9 ( $800 )
Seat 7: RHcutter ( $770 )
Seat 9: monymatic ( $725 )
Seat 8: suited_ace ( $890 )
Seat 4: POR1985 ( $785 )
Seat 6: gverchachi ( $880 )
Seat 5: jdwsop ( $785 )
Seat 10: LILDAV ( $1645 )
Seat 2: Send_IT_MF ( $720 )
Trny:15971899 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to suited_ace [ Jd Jc ]
flyingace9 folds.
>You have options at Table 13786 Table!.
POR1985 raises [30].
jdwsop folds.
gverchachi folds.
RHcutter folds.
suited_ace calls [30].
monymatic folds.
LILDAV folds.
Send_IT_MF folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 4c, Qd ]
>You have options at Table 14943 Table!.
>You have options at Table 13786 Table!.
POR1985 bets [60].
suited_ace calls [60].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
POR1985 checks.
suited_ace bets [125].
POR1985 calls [125].
** Dealing River ** [ Ks ]
POR1985 checks.
suited_ace checks.

How's my line?

jedinite
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Edit: my bad, for some reason had the hand mixed around that you were calling the raise on the turn. Not sure why - but it looks like the respondent after me did the same thing.

Looks standard on every street. I re-raise preflop about 30% of the time here but I like mixing it up...

You have to check behind on the river - you're obviously only going to get called by a hand that beats you.

illegit
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Raise more PF. Leading the flop is fine. CR the turn.

Slim Pickens
09-22-2005, 06:53 PM
It very hard, nearly impossible, to check-raise when you have position heads-up.

pineapple888
09-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Line looks reasonable overall. With jacks, it's all a question of style with the blinds so low. I'd tend to re-raise pre-flop and raise post-flop, but I'm aggressive. Turn and river look fine.

We could argue all day on establishing a strong table image vs. inducing bluffs vs. set value vs. implied odds, but it's all been said before /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluefeet
09-22-2005, 07:14 PM
pretty standard IMO - nh. some consideration for a slight reraise PF with this position.

as vulnerable as you are to 3 overs, i'd love to keep this HU...too often, the blinds will jump on here with who knows what.

PLUS - taking control PF, will often provide us the definitiveness we're looking for on the flop (as JJ might not see too many turns otherwise). facing a now more likely check on the flop will often let us take it down with a c-b. likewise, his reaction to your YOUR flop lead will make things easier for us when we go to turn (when we usually DON'T hit the set). this flop here was pretty decent for us, but taking the "call PF" line will have you folding to HIS c-b too often (when the price is higher, and the board is scarier).

assuming the "call modest leads on the way to showdown" can get a tad expensive, if we never have the opportunity to define either hand -- all the while, providing him an opportunity to show the stronger hand, where he likely didn't hold it PF or on the flop.

Slim Pickens
09-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Preflop: Raise to 100. The minraise usually means "I suck." Sometimes it means "I have aces." It's nice to get some idea of which one it is.

Flop: Now it gets hard. The overcard sucks, but not nearly as badly as a K or A. You are likely ahead. If he fires a wuss bet at the pot, raise again. A pot-sized bet probably means you're behind and you should fold.

Turn: If you've gotten here, now with a huge pot (~400) and almost certainly the best hand, go for the value bet. I like 250. 150 is probably fine. Obviously call a push.

River: Sucks. It's somewhat immaterial what happens here because you should never get that far in the early rounds without the best hand. On the plus side, all the idiots are still around to go to the felt with TPnK, which you now beat. On the minus side, all the idiots are still around to go to the felt with BPTK or crappy backdoor flush draws, which just drew out on you. Whatever. A properly-sized turn bet should have you both pot-committed anyway.