PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

Pages : [1] 2

cha59
09-22-2005, 05:54 PM
NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

“NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #3”
was held Sunday May 20, 2005. 64 players from around the world battled. Much blood was spilled. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif In the end, Europe accidentally /images/graemlins/laugh.gif won the battle, cutting North America’s previously commanding lead in the series to 2-1.

It is time for:

“NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4”

The event will be held Sunday October 23, 2005 at 3:00pm Eastern time.

The event will be a private password $22 multi table tournament on Poker Stars.

A registration will be required to provide 2+2 Name, Stars Name and Team choice to receive the password.

To register for the game and receive the password, contact cha59 or Stoneii by private message with your Poker Stars screen name. Make sure you indicate which team you will be playing for. Players who want to play in the tournament but do not wish to represent either team may do so.

Thank you for your participation,

Tom/cha59

A private $22 tournament for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

DrPhysic
09-22-2005, 06:14 PM
NA and EU Teams:

I would like to see all of our regular Trout game people come out to support the team of their choice.

The team captains will be:
North America Team: 2+2 name: cha59, PStars: cha59
European Team: 2+2 name: Stoneii, PStars: Stone_Eyes

Give them your support. We want this to be a great event.

Doc

DrPhysic
09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm interested in donking for Europe but I won't know if I'm free that day for a while. When is the cutoff date for you guys?

DrPhysic
09-22-2005, 06:16 PM
I had the same question, but will be playing for the Americans.

USA! USA! USA!

DrPhysic
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Freudian

After a chat with cha - if you think you might play and if you do, want to score for EU, then put your name down, that way if you show last minute you will score and if you can't make it then fair enough

Stoneii

theben
09-22-2005, 06:24 PM
go usa

cha59
09-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Here is the updated North American team list:

BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
IHATEKEITHSMART
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE_JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH

With these heavy hitters, Europe doesnt stand a chance, but lets get some more good players anyway. Sorry Stoneii, you just dont stand a chance this time.

Anyone else who's interested in playing for NA, contact cha59 by PM.

09-23-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

With these heavy hitters, Europe doesnt stand a chance ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I speak for many when I say bwahahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

paulish
09-23-2005, 09:32 AM
how do you determine the winner. Is it 1st place, or over-all avg. team-score?
How many players usually enter?

DrPhysic
09-23-2005, 10:07 AM
The scoring is based on Mike Haven's "Weighted scoring system for 2 uneven teams." It gives credit for participation and for placement (although it favors placing highly). The scoring is balanced so that a team of 10 players has an equal chance against a team of 20 players. The complete scoring system will be published before the tournament.

Doc

Stoneii
09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
loveinvain

when you stop laughing at cha's hilarious comment - and if i ever get the tears out of my own eyes lol - is that a confirmation of your place on the EU team ?

Not sure if I have all the complete confirmation list and there are several dozen more yet to confirm but to date the ones that are in for sure for EU as I understand it are:

freudian
ipp147
jackarama
jaffa
mackthefork
melchiades
mjm
stavros2
stoneii
thoth
valenzuela

stoneii

looking still to hear back from the huge majority of the 30+ signed up initially. Game is available on the private sub-tab of Tourney tab - cha and I are already in and I swear that's a nervous look I see /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stoneii

Stoneii
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
paulish

as DrPhysic rightly says it's a weighted scoring system which fairly accounts for any difference in team numbers.

Just like to add that EVERY member of each team scores points toward the overall total team score, right down to last place in the tournie.

In terms of numbers, last time (EU v NA III) we had 64 players, which we're hoping to beat to at least 75-100 this time out!!

Fancy playing ?

stoneii

DrPhysic
09-24-2005, 04:12 AM
3:00 AM SEPT 24.

We just realized I made the tournament limit holdem. I will fix it, but I cannot do so if anyone is registered.

When registration is open, we will announce it.

Thanks for your help.

Doc

FieryJustice
09-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Did someone ever get this thing set up? I was going to sign up for it tonight but I didnt see it up there.

cha59
09-25-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did someone ever get this thing set up? I was going to sign up for it tonight but I didnt see it up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc is working on it. The game was initially acidentally set up as a limit game. The real game will be no limit.

There will be an announcement when the correct game is set up.

cha59
09-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Here is the updated North American team list:

BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR. JEKYL
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
IHATEKEITHSMART
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE_JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

This is a good start, and I'm quite sure it's more than we'll need to pwn Europe, but lets make this the best team we possibly can.

Anyone else who's interested in playing for NA, contact cha59 by PM.

The once and future king
09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The scoring is based on Mike Haven's "Weighted scoring system for 2 uneven teams." It gives credit for participation and for placement (although it favors placing highly). The scoring is balanced so that a team of 10 players has an equal chance against a team of 20 players. The complete scoring system will be published before the tournament.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be good to see this ASAP so we can work out an optimal chip dumping scheme.

Stoneii
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM
just thought I'd introduce one of EU's snipers - can take out the eye of a newt from 4.2 miles /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IHateKeithSmart
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just thought I'd introduce one of EU's snipers - can take out the eye of a newt from 4.2 miles /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

we have phys, bluefeet, and gump. Even if the rest of us are no-shows, this should still be a slaughter /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii
09-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi Folks

Ok, can all now sign up to the game - under Tourney Tab/Private and it's game under 23rd Oct 3pm - $22 buy-in NL texas holdem (ID 13079392).

Thank you DrPhysic for getting the game sorted for us.

I'm already signed up (Stone_Eyes),anyone wants to sign up and hasn't already PM'ed for the password, feel free to do so to either cha59 or myself.

Hard confirmations to date from EU players include:

freudian
ipp147
jackarama
jaffa
loveinvain
mackthefork
melchiades
mjm
stavros2
stoneii
the once and future king
thoth
valenzuela

Looking forward to hearing from the other 20+ volunteers /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your country needs EU /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers

stoneii

cha59
09-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone,

Ok, we can all now sign up to the game - under Tourney Tab/Private and it's game under 23rd Oct 3pm - $22 buy-in NL texas holdem (ID 13079392).

Here is the North American team at the moment:

BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE_JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

This is a good start. We're hoping to get a lot more players than this. PM cha59 if you're interested in playing for NA or Stoneii if you want to play for EU.

DrPhysic
10-02-2005, 07:23 PM
The NA vs EU Challenge #4 posting has been corrected. You can register any time. (For those who are curious about the delay some dufusdoc posted the game as limit holdem the first time. Fixed now.)

Get your teams together, this should be as much fun as the last three.

Doc

Stoneii
10-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi Folks

A couple more PM's from EU volunteers. The arcticfox, rarely spotted unless he decides to be seen, has shed his camouflage for a couple minutes and declared his allegiance to EU for the battle.

We also have a new volunteer mic_check12 currently touring the far east but will attempt to hold his wanderlust for 1 day to take his place in the team.

Confirmed EU members to date include:

arcticfox
freudian
ipp147
jackarama
jaffa
loveinvain
mackthefork
melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
stavros2
stoneii
the once and future king
thoth
valenzuela

bringing us to 15 confirmed. Ticking upwards nicely but we're looking for an EU complement of 35+ to take down the might of NA.

Keep the registrations a coming.

Time to make it 2+2 EU /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stoneii

cha59
10-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Here is the updated list of the North American machine:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
THE JOKER
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

This is an excellent start. We're looking to at least double this list by gametime. PM cha59 to register for the winners /images/graemlins/cool.gif and receive the password for the game.

Freudian
10-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I am not intimidated by you using capot... capitt... really really big letters in your lineup!

cha59
10-03-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not intimidated by you using capot... capitt... really really big letters in your lineup!

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD! /images/graemlins/wink.gif BRING IT ON /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stoneii
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Guys/Girls (any girls ?)

Latest update on team EU - 16 players have confirmed there intention to play, 11 (in total - both EU & NA) have actually signed up on the private tournie tab to play, keep the registrations coming, anyone want to join in, please do, it's fun and educational and above all else - great craic (fun) as we say here /images/graemlins/cool.gif

arcticfox
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
Valenzuela

The first last longer bet also stands between Cha59 and myself, so any "buddies" that want to prove their 'lasting abilities' want to challenge one another then this is the place/time to do so.

Let's get these numbers up folks, I fancy EU will need 30 to comfortably take the challenge home /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PM me for the password if you're signing up for team EU or cha59 for team NA (please also give stars username when signing up so Doc knows who you're scoring for - we won't post any stars nics on 2+2 if you'd rather we didn't so let us know in advance). Any further details you need just post here or PM either of us and we'll gladly help

stoneii - TO ARMS MY FRIENDS /images/graemlins/grin.gif

valenzuela
10-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Im d_maybe and Im playing for Europe /images/graemlins/smile.gif, anyway how does europe win?

cha59
10-08-2005, 09:29 PM
North America's team is 25 strong at the moment. We are looking to add many more to the team. Here is the team list so far:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73

Lets make this the biggest turnout for this series yet. Anyone interested in joining team North America or those who have questions, PM cha59.

Europe is going to need help, so any Europeans interested in playing should contact Stoneii.

DrPhysic
10-09-2005, 07:46 AM
2 Team weighted scoring system

Scoring system for North America vs Europe Challenge #4
(adapted from the weighted two team scoring system by Mike Haven. Thanks Mike.)

This system provides team points for every player.
Players scoring higher get more points.
Players making the final table get bonus points.
Total raw team points are balanced according to the numbers of players on each team.
Formulas follow:

PLACE POINTS
Assuming t players:
1st = t points
2nd = t-1 points
3rd = t-2 points
next to last = 2 points
last = 1 point

FINAL TABLE BONUS POINTS:
1st 20
2nd 16
3rd 14
4th 12
5th 10
6th 8
7th 6
8th 4
9th 2

TOTAL INDIVIDUAL POINTS (if there are 50 players),
1st = 50 + 20 = 70pts
2nd = 49 + 16 = 65pts
50th = 1pt

Team cumulative points will be:
d = actual cumulative score of team NA
e = actual cumulative score of team EU

Team player count will be:
x = number of players in team NA
y = number of players in team EU

Total points and total players will be:
p = total available points
t = total number of players

Final team scores will be:
NA = weighted final score of team North America
EU = weighted final score of team Europe

Team point formula will be:
NA = pyd/(yd+xe) North American Weighted Final Score
EU = pxe/(yd+xe) European Weighted Final Score

The above formulae are run on a spreadsheet previously verified for accuracy.

Team Captains will check the spreadsheet before final points are announced.

ONLY PLAYERS WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR A TEAM ON 1 TABLE TOURNAMENT FORUM BEFORE THE GAME STARTS WILL HAVE THEIR SCORES COUNTED TOWARD A TEAM SCORE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
That prevents somebody declaring for the winning team after the fact, and me trying to figure out which team the guy from the island republic of lower slobbovia should be on.

If you are from Europe, one assumes you would play for Team Europe. If you are from North America, one assumes you would play for Team NA. If you live in Manhatten, but just emigrated from Russia, you may pick your team or play as an independent not on a team. If you are from some other part of the world, you may pick your team. The scoring at this time does not allow for 3 or more teams although if Team Asia, Team Down Under, or etc showed up with enough players to constitute a team for future events, we would be happy to look at the math needed to accomodate that. (The math for a 3+ team balanced scoring system could get a bit messy.)

For those who don’t want to work out the math, the scoring system rewards bringing a lot of friends, but it much more rewards placing highly.

Teams who have people who signed up on 1TTF and were not able to play will not be penalized. Only players who actually play will be scored.

We MUST know in advance if your playing name on Poker Stars is different from your signup name on 2+2.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MegaBet
10-10-2005, 11:57 AM
OK BATCHES, MEGABET HAS JUST ENSURED VICTORY FOR TEAM EUROPE!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

codewarrior
10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi.

The time is near.

Stoneii
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi MB and team EU

Indeed, our numbers steadily increase and while I find it hard to argue with you regarding ensuring victory for EU, your position in the team will add to the punishment we will dish out to NA, the margin of victory has now grown /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Team EU confirmed to date is about 18 in number, includes:

AbelM
arcticfox
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
Valenzuela

Sign up my friends, under 2 weeks until we lay waste to what used to be fort NA, you must be there to be able to tell the grandkids of this /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sign up too on stars, the more we get in early, the more are likely to join us, much kudos and bragging rights to the winner who can wade through 75+ 2+2'ers /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stoneii

MegaBet
10-10-2005, 02:15 PM
I wonder why stanzee hasn't joined? If he's the worlds best player, then he is surely the best player in Europe...

...on the other hand he may not want to embarrass himself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stanzee
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why stanzee hasn't joined? If he's the worlds best player, then he is surely the best player in Europe...

...on the other hand he may not want to embarrass himself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If i'm available that day, then i "might" consider letting Europe have the honour of me representing them. Although can't say i would be 100% happy about playing on the same team as people like Megabet. Having said that i may still be tempted to "carry" Europe to victory over NA.

Stoneii
10-11-2005, 07:28 AM
I have a shiny new pair of dark shades and a cushion on your table seat waiting for you when you decide to join up.

Let me know when you're in /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

tigerite
10-11-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm still up for playing for Europe.

ilya
10-11-2005, 07:42 AM
I will play. I will be representing myself.

ilya
10-11-2005, 07:43 AM
I will play. I will be representing myself. It's certainly true that no man is an island but I like to think of myself as a peninsula.

lorinda
10-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Next month we can have INTJ's versus normal people.

Lori

MegaBet
10-11-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a shiny new pair of dark shades and a cushion on your table seat waiting for you when you decide to join up.

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, he won't be in. Nor do we want fish on our team.

stanzee
10-11-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you wont be playing for Europe after all then?

MegaBet
10-11-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my post went wayyyy over your head. Time to put up or shut up oh special one. Let's see if you have the guts to play REAL poker players rather than the fish at the $22 party poker SNGs lmao.

stanzee
10-11-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my post went wayyyy over your head. Time to put up or shut up oh special one. Let's see if you have the guts to play REAL poker players rather than the fish at the $22 party poker SNGs lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll be an eagerly awaited announcement either way soon. Watch this space.

the shadow
10-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Count me in(tj).

MegaBet
10-11-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Count me in(tj).

[/ QUOTE ]

For which team?

the shadow
10-11-2005, 02:35 PM
INTJ, not the "normal" team.

DrPhysic
10-12-2005, 08:03 AM
under the flag of your choice!

We would certainly like to have all the newly minted Stars players show up to play the <font color="red">North America vs Europe Challenge #4 Tournament</font> on Sunday the 23rd at 15:00 Stars lobby clock time.

We have had 50+ players previously in these 2+2 posters tournaments. With the addition of the folks recently moving to Stars, maybe we can get 100 this time. This is a great tournament, with some top players showing up. It can be even better. You would be welcome to join the fun.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

DrPhysic
10-12-2005, 08:13 AM
INTJ??

And who said there were any "Normal" people around here?

Doc

Rduke55
10-12-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK BATCHES, MEGABET HAS JUST ENSURED VICTORY FOR TEAM EUROPE!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess with the weighted scoring that will give Team EU one or two more points. Maybe you'll break the tie. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

codewarrior
10-12-2005, 02:59 PM
[/Lurk]

I'm in.

[Lurk]

Stoneii
10-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Wey Hey

Welcome my virile young friend /images/graemlins/grin.gif (even though it's once again to the opposition, I hope you don't tax that goddess of yours too much with all the stress of being involved in the losing team agin /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Anways, team EU steadily grows in numbers, with the list below being the reconfirmed runners - we're up to 21. Sadly we have a definite non-runner from the original list, Sherrif has managed to come up with some feeble excuse like a cruise with his wife getting in the way of this monumental event /images/graemlins/smile.gif - not that I'm jealous at all - I just hope he doesn't live to regret this omission from his otherwise spotless CV /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AbelM
arcticfox
Crix
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

Cheers

stoneii

cha59
10-13-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
under the flag of your choice!

We would certainly like to have all the newly minted Stars players show up to play the <font color="red">North America vs Europe Challenge #4 Tournament</font> on Sunday the 23rd at 15:00 Stars lobby clock time.

We have had 50+ players previously in these 2+2 posters tournaments. With the addition of the folks recently moving to Stars, maybe we can get 100 this time. This is a great tournament, with some top players showing up. It can be even better. You would be welcome to join the fun.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok all you North American heavyweights, lets get in the game and put the fiesty Euros down.

Here is the current NA roster:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK

Come on all you former Party skin players, lets make this the biggest NA vs EU yet!

Contact cha59 via PM to play for the winning /images/graemlins/laugh.gif NA team!

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 11:06 AM
lol, Fiery Justice is your only decent player!

Rduke55
10-13-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, Fiery Justice is your only decent player!

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of us are planning on having many monster suckouts.

stanzee
10-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I can confirm that Team Europe have pulled off possibly the coup of the century with the signing of Stanzee.

After a lot of hard and persuasive negotiating (bordering on the line of begging) from Europe, Stanzee has decided it would be unfair or even cruel to let his continent down by not playing. The signing of Stanzee has undoubtedly helped boost Team Europe and the competition's flagging popularity and profile to an extent where sponsors will surely now be tripping over themselves to get a piece of the action. The news on the grapevine is that Stanzees signature has now opened up the floodgates for other world top players who are now scrambling to get their names involved.

Now, lets spank those yanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FieryJustice
10-13-2005, 02:11 PM
...and i suck at mtts /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still swap ya for stanzee...in a heartbeat. Can we make trades? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stanzee
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still swap ya for stanzee...in a heartbeat. Can we make trades? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd trade a retarded monkey for megalose.... in a hearbeat. I've seen better play from a goldfish /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
10-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Dissension in the ranks. Par for the course considering Europe's history.
We can't lose!

stanzee
10-13-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We can't lose!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally feel a bit sorry for Megabet. I think he thought when he joined Team Europe that he would be the man, he would be the trump card, and that he would be the top gun (quite clearly the man is dillusional as this was never the case!). Then along comes Stanzee to steal his thunder. So what does Megabet do? He resorts to flames in the direction of Europe's star man. Jealousy is an ugly thing Megabet. In fact, if Megabet cared about his continent or team even in the slightest bit, he would do us all a favour and drop out immeadiately. As brutal as it sounds, Europe hasn't got time to be carrying fish like Megabet. Everyone has been thinking it, but i'm sorry that it was me who had to say it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
10-13-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We can't lose!

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally feel a bit sorry for Megabet. I think he thought when he joined Team Europe that he would be the man, he would be the trump card, and that he would be the top gun (quite clearly the man is dillusional as this was never the case!). Then along comes Stanzee to steal his thunder. So what does Megabet do? He resorts to flames in the direction of Europe's star man. Jealousy is an ugly thing Megabet. In fact, if Megabet cared about his continent or team even in the slightest bit, he would do us all a favour and drop out immeadiately. As brutal as it sounds, Europe hasn't got time to be carrying fish like Megabet. Everyone has been thinking it, but i'm sorry that it was me who had to say it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He can always double one of you up /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stanzee
10-13-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone has been thinking it, but i'm sorry that it was me who had to say it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I know what everyone is thinking. And it involves words like "douchebag" and "is" and "stanzee" and "a"...not necessarily in that order.

stanzee
10-13-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta hand it to Stoneii, he is one shrewd operator. I mean getting me onboard i guess is an obvious decision, but getting Megabet onboard as well, just so that he can sacrifice his chips to my stack, is just pure genius /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta hand it to Stoneii, he is one shrewd operator. I mean getting me onboard i guess is an obvious decision, but getting Megabet onboard as well, just so that he can sacrifice his chips to my stack, is just pure genius /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on a non-show for stanzee? I would imagine once he realises what he's gotten into, he'll bolt.

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, I beat all other 2+2 challengers to take down the Heads Up Challenge!

Abel, when you and I go heads up in this tourney, you better watch out! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stoneii
10-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Not dissention at all - they're just EU's caged animals - we keep them starving and they may snarl and snap at each other - but when they finally get unleashed on the enemy - it's sometimes just too brutal on you guys but hey, all's fair....!!!

Numbers inch up again, will post over weekend - keep them coming and get signed up on the stars game.

PM me for any other EU volunteers for the password and further info. So, what are the sidebets on the number of individual NA casulaties Megabet &amp; Stanzee can inflict on their snarling way to the ft ?

stoneii

Rduke55
10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not dissention at all - they're just EU's caged animals - we keep them starving and they may snarl and snap at each other - but when they finally get unleashed on the enemy - it's sometimes just too brutal on you guys but hey, all's fair....!!!

Numbers inch up again, will post over weekend - keep them coming and get signed up on the stars game.

PM me for any other EU volunteers for the password and further info. So, what are the sidebets on the number of individual NA casulaties Megabet &amp; Stanzee can inflict on their snarling way to the ft ?

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the over/under is 1.
Smart play's on the under.

Stoneii
10-14-2005, 07:03 PM
My warriors - 1 of u must take a buy-in sized last longer bet with this NA upstart - I would but as you know - it's the capt of NA I have my last longer just now with.

So - fancy testing his BB my snarlings?

stoneii

grandgnu
10-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm going to see if I can get my 3-11pm shift off at work that day. I usually work a double on Sundays, 3-11 and 11-7. I was hoping to play this event plus the Blogger Championship at 4pm.

I would of course, be representing team NA (this certainly would ensure that EU would be able to tie things up)

I'll be in touch if I'm able to make this happen.

Stoneii
10-16-2005, 08:06 AM
hope it works in for you grand - sure that's not a bit of a European twang? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, team EU is confirmed to date as:

AbelM
arcticfox
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

taking our numbers up to 23. There are 9 EU players signed up on the actual game on stars lobby so, there's another 14 to go in ASAP. Time to get signed up and get the numbers up, anyone that wasn't sure if they could make it but now can, get signed in, let's get to at least 75 for the tournie.

PM me or cha59 for password details.

Cheers

stoneii

grandgnu
10-16-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hope it works in for you grand - sure that's not a bit of a European twang? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

I can be bribed with Asian Triplets. Given that you're team Euro, I suppose I'll have to settle for Nordic triplets. *sigh* The sacrifices I must make.

Just to warn you, I'm like, THE greatest poker player....EVAAAAAA!

Played my first 2+2 events this past Wednesday, made the final table BOTH times. And these weren't small fields, I'm talking final table appearances against fields of 14 and 15 players! What are the odds?

I expect team EU to have mass desertions after reading this post. Perhaps the first NA win by forfeit?

You guys do know we aren't playing Pot-Limit Omaha, right? w00t! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cha59
10-16-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can be bribed with Asian Triplets. Given that you're team Euro, I suppose I'll have to settle for Nordic triplets. *sigh* The sacrifices I must make.

Just to warn you, I'm like, THE greatest poker player....EVAAAAAA!

Played my first 2+2 events this past Wednesday, made the final table BOTH times. And these weren't small fields, I'm talking final table appearances against fields of 14 and 15 players! What are the odds?

I expect team EU to have mass desertions after reading this post. Perhaps the first NA win by forfeit?

You guys do know we aren't playing Pot-Limit Omaha, right? w00t! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you can play grandgnu. Aside from your obvious poker talents, the entertainment factor with you at the tables is very high. /images/graemlins/grin.gif PM me if you can play.

Here is our updated NA team as of 10/16:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DR.PHYSIC
EXITONLY
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY

Gametime is less than a week away. All interested 2+2ers can PM cha59 to sign up for team NA or for more info.

grandgnu
10-16-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hope you can play grandgnu. Aside from your obvious poker talents, the entertainment factor with you at the tables is very high. /images/graemlins/grin.gif PM me if you can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious poker talents? I came in 7th in the first game, and won a coinflip with A/K sooted against pocket 7's early with a flop of something like 2/4/5 with two of my suit, took a huge chip lead and then didn't capture 1st place. I'm a luckbox, just ask KilgoreTrout.

And my entertainment factor will certainly wear thin when you've heard:

That hand you were big weina, and to be big weina is hard, that make you BIG HARD WEINA! raugh raugh raugh

For the 100th time (for those who don't know, I have an image on Stars of "Cheeky Chappy", the host of the old comedy show Banzai! which was on Comedy Central and I think Fox for awhile)

Prace you bets now!

cha59
10-16-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Obvious poker talents? I came in 7th in the first game, and won a coinflip with A/K sooted against pocket 7's early with a flop of something like 2/4/5 with two of my suit, took a huge chip lead and then didn't capture 1st place. I'm a luckbox, just ask KilgoreTrout.

[/ QUOTE ]
shh - you werent supposed to let the Europeans know that. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MegaBet
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
shh - you werent supposed to let the Europeans know that. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. Even with chimp(st)anzee on our team we will own NA!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cha59
10-16-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. Even with chimp(st)anzee on our team we will own NA!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, ya, good luck with that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

citanul
10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
boo, i can't play this chiznit, but you all should have fun and remember to mock people as they lose, here, of course. go NA!

grandgnu
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Right now it doesn't look like the Sunday gig will fly for me, sorry NA guys (and any girls there may be). I should still be able to become a regular for the 8pm Atlantic Wednesday night game, although I may be pre-registered and a few minutes late to start each time (usually do a tech shift at my work from noon-8pm on Wednesdays)

cha59
10-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Only six days left until the battle begins!! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The North American machine is slowly growing, but we are not complete yet. Lets get all the North American 2+2ers in this game and clobber the hapless Europeans silly! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Here is the latest updated North American team:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DR.PHYSIC
EDDIEMONEY22
EXITONLY
EZMOGEE
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
PERCUSSION
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
TSHORT
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY
ZIPPY

PM cha59 to sign up for team North America!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MegaBet
10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
The European gameplan should be to all limp in and try to outdraw FJ, because the rest of the team will be a pushover /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
10-18-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The European gameplan should be to all limp in and try to outdraw FJ, because the rest of the team will be a pushover /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you love FJ, don't you?
Are you going to marry him?

MegaBet
10-18-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not his type. I keep asking though...sigh.

Rduke55
10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not his type. I keep asking though...sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always a bridesmaid...

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My warriors - 1 of u must take a buy-in sized last longer bet with this NA upstart - I would but as you know - it's the capt of NA I have my last longer just now with.

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I suck at poker I guess I'd take a LL against Stanzee or Megabet considering we've been chiding each other.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I suck at poker I guess I'd take a LL against Stanzee or Megabet considering we've been chiding each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, confident! What's your screen name?

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same as here. Yours?

$20 or $22? And will Stars hold or transfer it?

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same as here. Yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

$22 - Stars can transfer between members. My screen name is no secret, but you'll have to do some searching to find it. I don't want the entire NA team gunning for me!

pooh74
10-19-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We can't lose!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same as here. Yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

$22 - Stars can transfer between members. My screen name is no secret, but you'll have to do some searching to find it. I don't want the entire NA team gunning for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me your screenname and the LL bet is on! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same as here. Yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me your screenname and the LL bet is on! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't you want everyone gunning for you so you can get a big chipstack?

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And don't you want everyone gunning for you so you can get outdrawn?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And don't you want everyone gunning for you so you can get outdrawn?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make much sense.
"I don't want people putting money in against me as underdogs because they might hit."

Stoneii
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Ok Folks

War gear being handed out I see, excellent. Only two last longer bets to date, Cha and myself and RDuke &amp; Megabet.

There must be some more who are just itching to get a last longer going with that dude who got lucky against you in that SnG where you missed your runnner runner certainty!!!

Well, there are actually 13 EU runners signed up on the stars game as of this moment, but there are 24 names confirmed as definte runners for team EU, so let's get signed up, kitted out and suitable psyched for the carnage.

AbelM
arcticfox
bennies
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

Remember, we need 30+ troops to take this home guys, time to lock-n-load.

stoneii

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I don't want 4-5 people putting money in against me as underdogs because they will hit."

[/ QUOTE ]

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I don't want 4-5 people putting money in against me as underdogs because they will hit."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Although I'm not sure the rest of the team cares about knocking you out so I can win the bet.
Still, PM me your screenname and I'll put my money in and bust you then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Although I'm not sure the rest of the team cares about knocking you out so I can win the bet.
Still, PM me your screenname and I'll put my money in and bust you then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you winning our bet would be the incentive to trying to knock me out. My trash talking here might have more to do with it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you winning our bet would be the incentive to trying to knock me out. My trash talking here might have more to do with it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I told them my screenname. And I called all europeans sissygirl-bedwetting-pinko-commie-dandies that don't know how to play poker.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I told them my screenname. And I called all europeans sissy-girl-bedwetting-pinko-commie-dandies that don't know how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your screen name is hard to hide seeing as it's the same as the one you have here! Europeans don't resort to revenge, we try to win. Americans, on the other hand, would. I have lived in the US. I know their mentality. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I told them my screenname. And I called all europeans sissy-girl-bedwetting-pinko-commie-dandies that don't know how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your screen name is hard to hide seeing as it's the same as the one you have here! Europeans don't resort to revenge, we try to win. Americans, on the other hand, would. I have lived in the US. I know their mentality. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like reasonably rationalized cop out.
Seriously, I won't tell anyone but I need to know so I can keep track.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before, my screen name has been posted on these forums before. People in this thread know it. I'm not "copping out". Our bet is binding. But why make it easy for others to go gunning for me? Good luck.

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before, my screen name has been posted on these forums before. People in this thread know it. I'm not "copping out". Our bet is binding. But why make it easy for others to go gunning for me? Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, I shouldn't have to search for it.
PM it to me and I'll keep it private.

Rduke55
10-19-2005, 06:04 PM
And there should absolutely be a bet between Stanzee and Magabet.

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Magabet? lol Nah, as much as I hate it, he IS on my team (if he even shows up). Plus I wouldn't trust him to pay me when he loses. I would challenge him to a HU match at anytime. Might even sell tickets for that one /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stanzee
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Magabet? lol Nah, as much as I hate it, he IS on my team (if he even shows up). Plus I wouldn't trust him to pay me when he loses. I would challenge him to a HU match at anytime. Might even sell tickets for that one /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there, don't you worry about that. Gonna open up a stars account probably tomorrow to get a feel of the site ahead of Sunday, so for you Stanzee fans out there, you're in for a treat as you maybe able to catch a free special preview of me tomorrow night! (tomorrow night UK time that is)

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there, don't you worry about that. Gonna open up a stars account probably tomorrow to get a feel of the site ahead of Sunday, so for you Stanzee fans out there, you're in for a treat as you maybe able to catch a free special preview of me tomorrow night! (tomorrow night UK time that is)

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only 1 stanzee fan I can think of...you can find him in the nearest mirror. I see you skirted round my challenge. Not surprising.

stanzee
10-19-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only 1 stanzee fan I can think of...you can find him in the nearest mirror. I see you skirted round my challenge. Not surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i've got time on Sunday then yes, i'll play you heads up. I'm not the sort of man to back out of a challenge. And even though i haven't played heads-up since my days of rinsing ladbrokes almost a year ago, i still think i'll whoop ya!

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If i've got time on Sunday then yes, i'll play you heads up. I'm not the sort of man to back out of a challenge. And even though i haven't played heads-up since my days of rinsing ladbrokes almost a year ago, i still think i'll whoop ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could play in tomorrow's 2+2 heads up tourney...the one I won last week.

stanzee
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Details? what time does it start/finish, buyin etc? If you won it, then it must be easy money, and stanzee likes easy money /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
10-19-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Details? what time does it start/finish, buyin etc? If you won it, then it must be easy money, and stanzee likes easy money /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure someone of your undoubted intelligence has no problem finding threads that are right in front of them!

But just in case:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3699499&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1

Rduke55
10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Megabet, you still need to PM me your screenname.

MegaBet
10-20-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll speak to you in the tourney tonight.

Rduke55
10-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I will not be in the tourney tonight unfortunately.

Stoneii
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi Folks

Still just 13 of the now 25 confirmed EU runners actually signed up for the game on stars right now: Here's full list of confirmations...........

AbelM
arcticfox
bennies
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

Looking to add another 10 to this list and everyone to sign up sooner rather than later to the game proper.

Note also I'm missing stars names for stanzee and theordinaryboy, they can't score for team EU as is.. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Needing at least 10 more volunteers, you coming out to play for EU /images/graemlins/cool.gif?

stoneii

MegaBet
10-20-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note also I'm missing stars names for stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I wonder why....?

grandgnu
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I wonder why....?

[/ QUOTE ]

You two are the same person! I KNEW it! CONSPIRACY! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

stanzee
10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I wonder why....?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i admit it, megabet is my gimmick account /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
10-20-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I wonder why....?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i admit it, megabet is my gimmick account /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I give you some credit. That was funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rduke55
10-21-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Megabet, you're being completely unreasonable about not PMing me your screenname. You're not a celebrity and I'm sure no one else cares what it is but I'm not going to post it - I just want to be able to keep track of you in the tourney.

cha59
10-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Less than two days remain until the battle begins. There is still plenty of time to sign up!

Here is the current list of the North American team:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DR.PHYSIC
EDDIEMONEY22
EXITONLY
EZMOGEE
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
MISSOT
PERCUSSION
POOH74
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY
ZIPPY

PM cha59 to sign up for the North American (winning) team or stoneii to sign up for the European (losing) team. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stoneii
10-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Another few sign up for team EU, mmmmmmmm - getting warmmmmmmerrrrrrr /images/graemlins/smile.gif - a few more needed chaps and chapesses, and it's home and dry......team to date is.....

AbelM
arcticfox
bennies
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
mjm
PrayingMantis
Riverroe
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

just missing 1 stars name now - theordinaryboy - PM me so you can score for team EU. 30 people in all signed up just now and it looks like 15 each for team EU and team NA to date. Looking for another 15-20 EU players to sign up - only another 3-8 more on list above.

Let's get it all-in guys and gals

stoneii

MegaBet
10-21-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Megabet, you're being completely unreasonable about not PMing me your screenname. You're not a celebrity and I'm sure no one else cares what it is but I'm not going to post it - I just want to be able to keep track of you in the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't join the tourney /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cha59
10-21-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Less than two days remain until the battle begins. There is still plenty of time to sign up!

Here is the current list of the North American team:

BADGERPRO
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DR.PHYSIC
EDDIEMONEY22
EXITONLY
EZMOGEE
FIERY JUSTICE
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
MISSOT
PERCUSSION
POOH74
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY
ZIPPY

PM cha59 to sign up for the North American (winning) team or stoneii to sign up for the European (losing) team. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminder to USCSigma1097 and EZMOGEE - I need your Poker Stars screen names. Please PM them to cha59!

Thanks

Rduke55
10-22-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't join the tourney /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What tourney? I was never planning on playing any other 2+2 tournaments this week. And I should not have to play a tournament to get your screenname.
Just PM me your screenname please. We have a bet and I'd like to have the same information you have if that's OK with your highness.

DrPhysic
10-22-2005, 04:01 AM
Just to make it perfectly clear&gt;&gt;&gt;

I am doing the team scoring.

The day of the tournament the team captains are going to send me a list of all the players on each team.

ANY PLAYER WHOSE 2+2 NAME AND POKER STARS NAME ARE NOT BOTH ON THAT LIST WILL NOT BE SCORED.

Did I make that perfectly clear???

Reason: You signed up on this forum under your 2+2 name. If you then play in the tournament under a different moniker than the 2+2 name I have no idea who you are or what team to put your score under.

Got it?

Doc

codewarrior
10-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Hey Doc, would you mind explaining that in simpler terms? I don't get it.

I'm new to poker, but I'll donate my $20 for team NA.

DrPhysic
10-22-2005, 02:17 PM
That's because you've gone crosseyed staring at your avatar.

Doc

Stoneii
10-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Ok official sign ups include.....

AbelM
arcticfox
bennies
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
Mike Haven
mjm
PrayingMantis
Riverroe
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

although Mike Haven will only know for sure just before kick-off if he can make it. Of the 28 listed above, 20 are signed up to the game itself, so we're getting there /images/graemlins/cool.gif Keep the registrations coming

PM myself (team EU) or cha59 (team NA) for passwords and/or any more details, and note please remember to supply all stars usernames, I think I'm now up to date on all participating players for EU.

stoneii (puffing out chest, shoulders back, steady, wait for 'em, wait for 'em............).

Stoneii
10-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Oh, my bad /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I nearly forgot me ol mucker byronkincaid who's more or less in same boat as Mike Haven, if he can make it he will.

So that's 29 registered to score for EU............

AbelM
arcticfox
bennies
byronkincaid
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
Mike Haven
mjm
PrayingMantis
Riverroe
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

gumpzilla
10-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Now that the event approaches, can there be some clarification on the scoring system? I'm assuming we're going with which side wins more money, but is it profit or just total earn? I expect that in one case having a bigger team is an advantage, and a disadvantage in the other case.

Stoneii
10-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi zilla

If you check back through the thread there's an early post from DrPhysic (who's doing the scoring).....
[ QUOTE ]

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Think the actual detail is in the thread too

Hope this helps

stoneii

gumpzilla
10-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Excellent, thanks for the update. Now that you post that I remember seeing it like a month ago, but I was lazy and didn't really feel like digging through this thread to try and see if it was mentioned.

Stoneii
10-22-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2 Team weighted scoring system

Scoring system for North America vs Europe Challenge #4
(adapted from the weighted two team scoring system by Mike Haven. Thanks Mike.)

This system provides team points for every player.
Players scoring higher get more points.
Players making the final table get bonus points.
Total raw team points are balanced according to the numbers of players on each team.
Formulas follow:

PLACE POINTS
Assuming t players:
1st = t points
2nd = t-1 points
3rd = t-2 points
next to last = 2 points
last = 1 point

FINAL TABLE BONUS POINTS:
1st 20
2nd 16
3rd 14
4th 12
5th 10
6th 8
7th 6
8th 4
9th 2

TOTAL INDIVIDUAL POINTS (if there are 50 players),
1st = 50 + 20 = 70pts
2nd = 49 + 16 = 65pts
50th = 1pt

Team cumulative points will be:
d = actual cumulative score of team NA
e = actual cumulative score of team EU

Team player count will be:
x = number of players in team NA
y = number of players in team EU

Total points and total players will be:
p = total available points
t = total number of players

Final team scores will be:
NA = weighted final score of team North America
EU = weighted final score of team Europe

Team point formula will be:
NA = pyd/(yd+xe) North American Weighted Final Score
EU = pxe/(yd+xe) European Weighted Final Score

The above formulae are run on a spreadsheet previously verified for accuracy.

Team Captains will check the spreadsheet before final points are announced.

ONLY PLAYERS WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR A TEAM ON 1 TABLE TOURNAMENT FORUM BEFORE THE GAME STARTS WILL HAVE THEIR SCORES COUNTED TOWARD A TEAM SCORE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
That prevents somebody declaring for the winning team after the fact, and me trying to figure out which team the guy from the island republic of lower slobbovia should be on.

If you are from Europe, one assumes you would play for Team Europe. If you are from North America, one assumes you would play for Team NA. If you live in Manhatten, but just emigrated from Russia, you may pick your team or play as an independent not on a team. If you are from some other part of the world, you may pick your team. The scoring at this time does not allow for 3 or more teams although if Team Asia, Team Down Under, or etc showed up with enough players to constitute a team for future events, we would be happy to look at the math needed to accomodate that. (The math for a 3+ team balanced scoring system could get a bit messy.)

For those who don’t want to work out the math, the scoring system rewards bringing a lot of friends, but it much more rewards placing highly.

Teams who have people who signed up on 1TTF and were not able to play will not be penalized. Only players who actually play will be scored.

We MUST know in advance if your playing name on Poker Stars is different from your signup name on 2+2.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Stoneii
10-22-2005, 06:07 PM
and no - the money is a pleasant side effect of doing well /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's still a MTT tourney and you are very much out for numero uno in getting to the cash, the team carnage is for bragging rights on the STT forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif

grandgnu
10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm in like Flynn bitches! Team NA, it's party time, w00t!

DrPhysic
10-22-2005, 07:42 PM
And brag we shall.

I haven't heard anything about any good last longer bets, not even the traditional team captain's grudge bet.

Buncha tightywhiteys.

Doc

grandgnu
10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I PM'd Cha earlier today, haven't heard back. Could someone please get me the password for the tourney so I can sign-up? Thanks!

splashpot
10-22-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I PM'd Cha earlier today, haven't heard back. Could someone please get me the password for the tourney so I can sign-up? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
Same for me. If it's not too late, I'll play for NA.

grandgnu
10-22-2005, 11:00 PM
East Coast reppin', w00t! I'm a mass-hole too!

splashpot
10-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Let me know if you get that PW. And I'll do the same.

bluefeet
10-22-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me know if you get that PW. And I'll do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll PM it to both of you. I suspect it was not included in this thread for a reason. Let me know if anyone else needs it.

cha59
10-23-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to make it perfectly clear&gt;&gt;&gt;

I am doing the team scoring.

The day of the tournament the team captains are going to send me a list of all the players on each team.

ANY PLAYER WHOSE 2+2 NAME AND POKER STARS NAME ARE NOT BOTH ON THAT LIST WILL NOT BE SCORED.

Did I make that perfectly clear???

Reason: You signed up on this forum under your 2+2 name. If you then play in the tournament under a different moniker than the 2+2 name I have no idea who you are or what team to put your score under.

Got it?

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Those of you who have registered and have yet to reveal your Stars screen names, please do so ASAP!

Here is the current NA list of players:

BADGERPRO
BAWCERELLI
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DEATHPOTATO
DR.PHYSIC
EDDIEMONEY22
EXITONLY
EZMOGEE
FIERY JUSTICE
GRANDGNU
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
MEZ
MISSOT
MTS
PERCUSSION
POOH74
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SPLASHPOT
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY
YOURFOXYGRANDMA
ZAC777
ZIPPY

Stoneii - you can puff out your chest all you want. You have no chance against this team. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

There is still time to register if anyone else is interested. PM cha59 for NA or Stoneii for EU.

Again, USCSIGMA1097 and EZMOGEE I need your Stars screen names or your score will NOT count for North America if you do play. Please PM your Stars screen name to me!

BTW thanks for the assist Bluefeet, I was away from the computer for several hours tonight.

DrPhysic
10-23-2005, 06:10 AM
You are absolutely right. Passwords are being sent by pm. This gives the team captains a little control over having the data needed for teams, and insures that this is in fact a 2+2 posters only game.

Doc

10-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Well I'm signed up and ready to roll for team Europe. My stars nick is cracker69. I'm hung over and not in the mood to suffer fools so tangle with me at your own risk.

Is Stanzee really going to play? If so then NA is REALLY toast. At least you guys may learn something if you pay close attention.

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi Doc

Oh I think you'll find there was a last longer bet challenged and accepted between the two Capitano's a Loooooong time ago. I think it was for a scary amount like half a buy-in (or was it a buy-in?) too, so maybe the numbers just scared everyone else from daring to participate /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Team EU has 20 signed up to stars right now but the list below totals some 30 warriors, hope the other 10 can make it, I have several doubtfuls that are dying to be part of the action and will try to be home (or in front of some pc /images/graemlins/smile.gif) in time to participate but cannot commit right now - these are Lori, Mike Haven, riverroe and jaffa but byronkincaid reckons he's got the green light /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AbelM
arcticfox
bennies
byronkincaid
Crix
DonkBluffer
freudian
ipp147
Jackarama
jaffa
KingswayTD
Lars
loveinvain
Lori
mackthefork
MegaBet
Melchiades
mic_check12
Mike Haven
mjm
PrayingMantis
Riverroe
Stanzee
Stavros2
stoneii
theordinaryboy
The Once and Future King
Thoth
tigerite
Valenzuela

I'll be popping off and online for the rest of the day up to the kick-off as we have family round this afternoon (afternoon UK time that is /images/graemlins/smile.gif) but since me 'ol man is participating too, he's happy enough we kick everyone out before 3PM lobby time /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif (love that man /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

PM me or cha for passwords or any details

Let's give 'em hell people

stoneii

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Alright, I registered, shows 41 players right now. Should be nice payouts since only the top 5 get paid (although we'll get 9 paid if we break 45 registered)

Also, I'm registered and playing in the Stars Blogger Championship around the same time. I think I can handle just two tournies at once. I'll do my best not to let team NA down. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi gnu

There should be waaaayyy over 45 registered before kick-off - if all showed that said they'd show we'd be up to about 75+ entrants

I couldn't feel bad if you let NA down, will likley even feel worse if you don't /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stoneii

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I just want you to know, I'm NOT responsible if my Q/4 sooted busts someone's slow-played Aces on a 4/4/10 flop, k? K??????!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 10:09 AM
s'ok, we all play T4o (and definitely soooooted) preflop over the pond here - not a good line ?

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey, just noticed, officially an old hand now /images/graemlins/cool.gif Suppose, as my wife would say, if the cap fits /images/graemlins/mad.gif

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
s'ok, we all play T4o (and definitely soooooted) preflop over the pond here - not a good line ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't pot-limit Omaha, you crazy Canuck!

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, just noticed, officially an old hand now /images/graemlins/cool.gif Suppose, as my wife would say, if the cap fits /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, you may become a Pooh-Bah, like me. Then, all things shall be revealed to you. (word on the street is that you can make this status much quicker by posting useless stuff in the OOT thread)

Rduke55
10-23-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And brag we shall.

I haven't heard anything about any good last longer bets, not even the traditional team captain's grudge bet.

Buncha tightywhiteys.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a LL bet with Megabet but he's being a baby and refuses to tell me his stars screenname so I'll have to rely on the team captains to let me know if I win.

Exitonly
10-23-2005, 11:14 AM
i'm accepting any LL bets vs any of you Euro-trash.

Well not any, but any 50 and under.

Bring it bitches!

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm accepting any LL bets vs any of you Euro-trash.

Well not any, but any 50 and under.

Bring it bitches!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now now, no need to go insulting our neighbors from overseas. Without them, we'd never have French Fries, or Pizza, or the Bubonic Plague. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Exitonly
10-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Isn't pizza an american thing? i thought that was faux-italian.

cha59
10-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Maybe so, at least they brought us french fries and the plague! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cha59
10-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Here is the updated North American Team (winners) /images/graemlins/grin.gif:

BADGERPRO
BAWCERELLI
BLUEFEET
CHA59
CODEWARRIOR
DEATHPOTATO
DR.PHYSIC
EDDIEMONEY22
EXITONLY
EZMOGEE
FIERY JUSTICE
GOOD2CU
GRANDGNU
GUMPZILLA
HYDE
IHATEKEITHSMART
IRISH069
JBROCHU
KURN, SON OF MOGH
MEZ
MISSOT
MTS
PERCUSSION
POOH74
PURPLESMURF1
R2P
RDUKE55
SADAT X
SEASIREN
SIDEKICK
SNG-SAM
SPLASHPOT
SUPERSETOY
SWAS7366
THE JOKER
THEDIRTYDIRTY
TORO
USCSIGMA1097
UTMT40
WES MANTOOTH
WIGGS73
WOLFFINK
WOODGUY
YOURFOXYGRANDMA
ZABT
ZAC777
ZIPPY

There are a couple "maybes" and a couple more who need to send me their Stars screen name. Hopefully all will show and properly register before game time.

Regardless, I'm sure the Europeans are shaking in their boots right now - facing the reality of being destroyed /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and having their record drop to 1-3. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

There are a few last longer challenges in place right now. It'd be good to see a few more of these bets in place before game time.

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
and culture - u forgot culture /images/graemlins/wink.gif

YourFoxyGrandma
10-23-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm in on this nonsense. May the best continent win.

<font color="white">(for those undecided, North America is the best continent.)</font>

EDIT: Also, this is a team thing--we get to collude, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Actually, I believe pizza was greek or chinese (surprisingly) as opposed to Italian or American. Now pass the Haggis

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
ever tried Haggis - lovely /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any more for any more folks ? Keep the registrations a comin

stoneii

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Due to capitalism my part of the world has been left without a team /images/graemlins/mad.gif, still europeans invented soccer so Im with them.

Arnfinn Madsen
10-23-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Due to capitalism my part of the world has been left without a team /images/graemlins/mad.gif, still europeans invented soccer so Im with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soccer is a bit too complex for the American brain, so instead they are allowed to take the ball in the arms /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Have you noticed how they keep running into eachother on the field?

Exitonly
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Psh. clearly you've never seen MLS baby.

Metrostars RULE.

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 01:06 PM
You signed up yet for EU Arnfinn ?

stoneii /images/graemlins/grin.gif

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Psh. clearly you've never seen MLS baby.

Metrostars RULE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I love the atmosphere. I mean when the metrostars play its like Anfield Road on a european night or "la bombonera" on a river /boca.
Btw the feeling of a packed stadium on a WC qualy isnt bad either.

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Soccer is a bit too complex for the American brain, so instead they are allowed to take the ball in the arms /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Have you noticed how they keep running into eachother on the field?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol,nh

Jbrochu
10-23-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Soccer is a bit too complex for the American brain

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "too complex" you mean "unbelievably boring," I have to agree with you...

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm signed up and ready to roll for team Europe. My stars nick is cracker69. I'm hung over and not in the mood to suffer fools so tangle with me at your own risk.

Is Stanzee really going to play? If so then NA is REALLY toast. At least you guys may learn something if you pay close attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I', hungover too /images/graemlins/frown.gif I think stanzee is playing as TROLL999 heh

Arnfinn Madsen
10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You signed up yet for EU Arnfinn ?

stoneii /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have sent you PM now (so that I can take revenge of Bryan Adams' polluting of several european radio stations out on random North Americans). As for the EU I think it will be at least 10-15 years before I will be a member, maybe even much longer.

cha59
10-23-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Soccer is a bit too complex for the American brain

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "too complex" you mean "unbelievably boring," I have to agree with you...

[/ QUOTE ]

NH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And brag we shall.

Buncha tightywhiteys.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a LL bet with Megabet but he's being a baby and refuses to tell me his stars screenname so I'll have to rely on the team captains to let me know if I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's being a baby? You got my screen name!

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Team picking up nicely - it's coming home it's coming home /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think we're up to 35 registered interested players but still under 25 actually registered for the game itself.

Will check back in - best go be sociable again for 15 minutes /images/graemlins/blush.gif

stoneii

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 01:16 PM
thx - sent you the required info and welcome aboard sir /images/graemlins/wink.gif

10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm on for Europe

Frank

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Soccer is boring....lol.
And Ortiz is on the plate.
The pitcher looks at him....he pitches, and its a ball.
The pitcher looks at the catcher....he pithces, strike!!.
Ortiz is 1-1..well he is .304 against lefties,, while he is only.293 versus righties.
The pitcher pithces...its a ball. We are on the bottom of the fifth, 2 out and runner on first.
Now the pticher needs to tell Ortiz the inside belogns to him, he pithces, Ortiz hits the ball...foul ball, and the count is even again.
The pitcher throws a pcik-off to first and the runner as usual reahces first in time.
The pitcher throws...a pickoff to first.
The catcher does the signal, the pitcher looks, its apickoff to first!!!
Well the runner is 12 for 15 on stealin, he picks his spot really well here, I thinkt eh manager wants the runner on scoring postion.
The pitcher thwos , Ortiz hits and its a boring typicla out.
Well that was the bottom of the fifth , were now going for commercials stay tuned, the Indians 7 the Red Sox 2

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't like watching baseball (or golf!) either. Football is fun to watch, and hockey is good when there's some fighting.

At least you Euro's have massive battles in the stadiums between fans of each team, and in South America team members get killed by hitmen for screwing up a game. I mean, how can we Americans compete with that?????

*goes back to drinking clean water*

TheTROLL
10-23-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I', hungover too /images/graemlins/frown.gif I think stanzee is playing as TROLL999 heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to disappoint, but that's me. And I'm rubbish!

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 02:17 PM
58 in total so far signed up and I make it 27 of them are representing EU, so 31 for NA - expect a lot more NA'ers to sign up last minute but I'm also hoping/expecting another half dozen or so EU'ers in there before kick-off.

Bring the archers to the front, feed all the horses and get the drummer boy kitted up, she appraoches.......

stoneii

IHateKeithSmart
10-23-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Bring the archers to the front, feed all the horses and get the drummer boy kitted up, she appraoches.......

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll I'm awake and in. Don't get too comfy euros. You'll be on the rail drinking your tea and eating your bangers and mash, haggis, (insert other stereotypical euro food) soon enough.

Jbrochu
10-23-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Soccer is boring....lol.
And Ortiz is on the plate.
The pitcher looks at him....he pitches, and its a ball.
The pitcher looks at the catcher....he pithces, strike!!.
Ortiz is 1-1..well he is .304 against lefties,, while he is only.293 versus righties.
The pitcher pithces...its a ball. We are on the bottom of the fifth, 2 out and runner on first.
Now the pticher needs to tell Ortiz the inside belogns to him, he pithces, Ortiz hits the ball...foul ball, and the count is even again.
The pitcher throws a pcik-off to first and the runner as usual reahces first in time.
The pitcher throws...a pickoff to first.
The catcher does the signal, the pitcher looks, its apickoff to first!!!
Well the runner is 12 for 15 on stealin, he picks his spot really well here, I thinkt eh manager wants the runner on scoring postion.
The pitcher thwos , Ortiz hits and its a boring typicla out.
Well that was the bottom of the fifth , were now going for commercials stay tuned, the Indians 7 the Red Sox 2

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to....

A skinny guy kicks the ball down the field. Another skinny guy kicks it back in the other direction. Repeat fifty times over 5 hours. Eventually, and to the surprise of just about everybody, the ball somehow ends up in the net. Announcer screams Gooooooaaaaaallllll for like 10 minutes really loud because he never knows how many more hours it will be before another ball ends up in the net...

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing the RTR mod for Rome Total War, you guys have NO CHANCE. Go kingdom of Bactria, crush those Selucids! w00t!

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I guess I'm in the unique position of loving both games! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptor517
10-23-2005, 02:41 PM
what the hell is this i have never played one of em and have never spent more than 3 seconds reading one of the threads.. holla

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is this i have never played one of em and have never spent more than 3 seconds reading one of the threads.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing YOU need to worry about...honest...move along now! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
22$ tourney on stars. 64 people registered at the moment, NA vs. Europe results get tallied at the end. Has to be at least as much fun as a 22 sng so maybe you wanna play for laughs.

Cheers.

YourFoxyGrandma
10-23-2005, 03:00 PM
GL suckas!

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Ran into a fish who called his entire stack off on a flush draw lol. Of course he caught on the river!

Rduke55
10-23-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ran into a fish who called his entire stack off on a flush draw lol. Of course he caught on the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

FLush draw and overs.
Man, you were supposed to make me play smart.
I guess I'm freerolling now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Arnfinn Madsen
10-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Nice overlay for us Euros having lured all this Americans to put dead money in the price pot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:07 PM
That's why I hate playing low buy-in games. Idiots calling huge bets with the horrible hands or draws. Poker becomes roulette. Very frustrating.

Brad F.
10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Definitely didn't think two players would be gone in 2 minutes.... At this pace Europe should just surrender now.

Brad

zipppy
From a couple hands ago...
Zipster raises.
mackthefork reraises.
Zipster: macky, you're EU, right?
Dealer: Zipster, it's your turn. You have 15 seconds to act
mackthefork: yeah
Zipster: sweet

Zipster pushes, mackthefork folds.

Europeans are so weak.

good2cu
haah the europeans are already whining

10-23-2005, 03:10 PM
PokerStars Game #2874209357: Tournament #13079392, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2005/10/23 - 15:04:12 (ET)
Table '13079392 6' Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: BigScaryFish (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: JonatanB (1590 in chips)
Seat 3: DrPhysic (1470 in chips)
Seat 4: chiselmonkey (2980 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: Sidekick44 (1460 in chips)
Seat 6: f0xygrandma (1470 in chips)
Seat 7: madarn (1600 in chips)
Seat 9: EddieMoney2 (1430 in chips)
EddieMoney2: posts small blind 10
BigScaryFish: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BigScaryFish [Js 2h]
JonatanB: folds
DrPhysic: folds
chiselmonkey: folds
Sidekick44: folds
f0xygrandma: calls 20
madarn: folds
EddieMoney2: calls 10
madarn said, "sorry to bust a team mate :-)"
BigScaryFish: checks
*** FLOP *** [3d 7c 3h]
madarn said, "but no softplaying"
EddieMoney2: checks
BigScaryFish: bets 60
f0xygrandma: calls 60
EddieMoney2: folds
*** TURN *** [3d 7c 3h] [7d]
BigScaryFish: checks
f0xygrandma: bets 100
BigScaryFish: raises 180 to 280
f0xygrandma: calls 180
*** RIVER *** [3d 7c 3h 7d] [6h]
BigScaryFish: bets 500
f0xygrandma: folds
BigScaryFish collected 740 from pot
BigScaryFish: doesn't show hand

lol.. this is fun
(should've check raised more)

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely didn't think there'd be 2 awful bad beats in 2 minutes.... At this pace Europe should just surrender now.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

good2cu
10-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Durron is already rolling for team NA with a monster suck-out.

PokerStars Game #2874243243: Tournament #13079392, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2005/10/23 - 15:08:50 (ET)
Table '13079392 7' Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: durron597 (1700 in chips)
Seat 2: PunkyMom (1550 in chips)
Seat 3: matmat17 (1505 in chips)
Seat 4: byee614 (1450 in chips)
Seat 5: ajmartino (1315 in chips)
Seat 6: good2cu (1520 in chips)
Seat 8: Irish069 (1510 in chips)
Seat 9: AbelM (1440 in chips) is sitting out
durron597: posts small blind 10
PunkyMom: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to good2cu [Qs 4c]
matmat17: folds
byee614: folds
ajmartino: folds
good2cu: folds
Irish069: folds
AbelM: folds
durron597: calls 10
ajmartino said, "ALL-IN!"
ajmartino said, ":P"
PunkyMom: raises 40 to 60
durron597: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [9d 7c 6h]
durron597: checks
PunkyMom: bets 80
ajmartino said, "limp-push!"
durron597: raises 120 to 200
PunkyMom: raises 400 to 600
ajmartino said, "yoikes!"
durron597: raises 1040 to 1640 and is all-in
PunkyMom: calls 890 and is all-in
AbelM is connected
AbelM has returned
ajmartino said, "wowza!"
*** TURN *** [9d 7c 6h] [2s]
*** RIVER *** [9d 7c 6h 2s] [6s]
durron597 said, "oops"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
durron597: shows [5s 6c] (three of a kind, Sixes)
PunkyMom: shows [9s Jh] (two pair, Nines and Sixes)
ajmartino said, "rucky liver!"
durron597 collected 3100 from pot
ajmartino said, "gg"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3100 | Rake 0
Board [9d 7c 6h 2s 6s]
Seat 1: durron597 (small blind) showed [5s 6c] and won (3100) with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 2: PunkyMom (big blind) showed [9s Jh] and lost with two pair, Nines and Sixes
Seat 3: matmat17 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: byee614 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: ajmartino folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: good2cu folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Irish069 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: AbelM (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

They tourney is rigged for the admins.

Rduke55
10-23-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely didn't think there'd be 2 awful bad beats in 2 minutes.... At this pace Europe should just surrender now.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon he had 12 outs twice. You should of waited until the turn to push.
I eagerly await your payment. It will defray the cost of a bottle of scotch to honor the fallen europeans, our worthy enemies.

Jbrochu
10-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Out in 64th. Flopped low set against medium set and couldn't get away from it.

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12 outs twice? What!? You on drugs? It was a pretty awful call, but I expect it from these low buy-in games. Just too bad I was on the end of that fishy call, seeing as I was one of the favorites.

zipppy
10-23-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, there was nothing you can do about that. gg, thanks for the chips, go NA!!!

Jbrochu
10-23-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
12 outs twice? What!? You on drugs? It was a pretty awful call, but I expect it from these low buy-in games. Just too bad I was on the end of that fishy call, seeing as I was one of the favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't for luck, I suppose you would never lose...

Rduke55
10-23-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I eagerly await your payment. It will defray the cost of a bottle of scotch to honor the fallen europeans, our worthy enemies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 11 outs, my bad. All the clubs and two Kings. And he may have thought the A outs were good.
I was just quibbling with your characterization of it as an "awful" beat.

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was seeing some shades of Helmuth there as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I accept the luck factor in poker, of course. But it WAS a horrible call.

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 11 outs, my bad. All the clubs and two Kings. And he may have thought the A outs were good.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet of 600 into a pot of 250...

Rduke55
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I accept the luck factor in poker, of course. But it WAS a horrible call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was getting odds I think if his As and Ks were also outs b/c he's ahead. And it did look like a desperate c-bet.

lem45216
Hmm, abel is out. Thats a tad on the annoying side.

10-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I`m out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PokerStars Game #2874293118: Tournament #13079392, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2005/10/23 - 15:15:35 (ET)
Table '13079392 2' Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: cha59 (1780 in chips)
Seat 2: dictionary (890 in chips)
Seat 3: Valhall (1670 in chips)
Seat 4: gumpzilla (1230 in chips)
Seat 5: DrKananga (1230 in chips)
Seat 6: ordinaryboy (2015 in chips)
Seat 7: fromthedirty (1910 in chips)
Seat 8: ipp147 (1100 in chips)
Seat 9: realjobu (1735 in chips)
cha59: posts small blind 15
dictionary: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Valhall [6c 6s]
fromthedirty said, "I raise with my hands and noone wants to play me"
Valhall: calls 30
gumpzilla: folds
DrKananga: folds
ordinaryboy: raises 70 to 100
fromthedirty: folds
ipp147: folds
realjobu: folds
cha59: folds
dictionary: folds
gumpzilla said, "welcome to 2+2 tournaments"
Valhall: calls 70
*** FLOP *** [6d Qc 8h]
Valhall: checks
ordinaryboy: bets 120
Valhall: raises 360 to 480
ordinaryboy: calls 360
*** TURN *** [6d Qc 8h] [Ad]
Valhall: bets 1090 and is all-in
ordinaryboy: calls 1090
*** RIVER *** [6d Qc 8h Ad] [Ah]
fromthedirty said, "ouch"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Valhall: shows [6c 6s] (a full house, Sixes full of Aces)
ordinaryboy: shows [Qh As] (a full house, Aces full of Queens)
ordinaryboy collected 3385 from pot
ordinaryboy said, "oops ul"
cha59 said, "nice hands"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3385 | Rake 0
Board [6d Qc 8h Ad Ah]
Seat 1: cha59 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: dictionary (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Valhall showed [6c 6s] and lost with a full house, Sixes full of Aces
Seat 4: gumpzilla folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: DrKananga folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ordinaryboy showed [Qh As] and won (3385) with a full house, Aces full of Queens
Seat 7: fromthedirty folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: ipp147 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: realjobu (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Good luck to the EU team. Go get`em boys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's just tough luck. You both played the hand as it should be played. At least you lost to a player who had a better hand when the chips went in /images/graemlins/grin.gif

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I just saw a brutal call( and a suckout), lol. Tigerite, stonnei, bluefeet and others were there .
Btw Im the guy who was agresiive until a donk slowplayed aces.

AbelM
SORRY EUROPE

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is. He's good. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jbrochu
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, there was nothing you can do about that. gg, thanks for the chips, go NA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand. Use those chips wisely and best of luck to the good guys... NA!!!

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was getting odds I think if his As and Ks were also outs b/c he's ahead. And it did look like a desperate c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why I pushed! I knew I had the best hand, but I was hoping if he caught any part of that flop he'd call and I'd get paid off. But to call a double pot-sized bet with ace high on a draw is really REALLY bad. If you can't see why, then I won't waste any more energy trying to explain it any further.

How many of the of the eliminated guys were NOT european?

Jbrochu
[ QUOTE ]
I was seeing some shades of Helmuth there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing this guy never played with the famous suck-out masters of Western MA... His head would explode...!

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, at least I'm not the only good player who got unlucky. I don't feel so bad now, in a sick way /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluefeet
10-23-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...seeing as I was one of the favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stanzee? Is that you?

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 03:28 PM
stanzee didnt show up, Im disapointed.

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Abel, can you post the HH of the hand you lost on?

Jbrochu
10-23-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only NA players out are me (JohnnyBgood4) and SeaSiren.

Sorry team, but at least I gave my chips to a fellow NA... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zipppy
10-23-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only NA players out are me (JohnnyBgood4) and SeaSiren.

Sorry team, but at least I gave my chips to a fellow NA... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll try to use them well.

lem45216
10-23-2005, 03:36 PM
I've been dealt K9 in 5 of the last 7 hands.
This tournament is obviously rigged.

Brad F.
Exit's out... not great news for NA....

But if I can keep the chip lead we won't need to worry about much. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brad (Nez477)

Rduke55
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your overbet was uber-suspicious

MegaBet
10-23-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your overbet was uber-suspicious

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I am too smart for myself sometimes.

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, Western mass players are DANGEROUS!

Also, was down to about 650, back up to 1600 now, feeling good. Just watched Durron suck out again. He's got A/8 against K/K and Q/Q on a 5/7/8 board, turns another 8, but the river brings a King. He still wins the side pot.

Exitonly
10-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Anyways my KK vs AA and i'm out.

--

Megabet post the hand you went out on, it doesnt souund nearly as you're making it out to be.

grandgnu
10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Durron, A/4 sooted vs. A/A and he rivers the straight!

Rduke55
10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Who was that with the 99 I just busted? NA or EU?

IHateKeithSmart
10-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Exit, we were counting on you?!?!

Thats ok, time to get my phatbeetz on

IHateKeithSmart
10-23-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was a euro. I was at that table, just got moved

AbelM
10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
I'll give you a full tournament report:

After missing a few hands i load up stars and find JT which I raise to 80, got called by the BB i think. Flop QQJ, he minbets, i raise to 120, he calls. Turn J, he bets i call. River K he bets i call, he wins with KJ.

I have 600 left, fold a few hands and find AK in EP. Raise to 120 (15-30 lvl), someone miniraises and i push. He has AA and i'm out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

zipppy
10-23-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is there anyone that could whip together a list of who's on whose team once we're down to 3 or 4 tables?

10-23-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is there anyone that could whip together a list of who's on whose team once we're down to 3 or 4 tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that would be great. I have no idea if a place is in England or the US. At least I recognize scandinavian names. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sabrazack
10-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Wohoo, just went from 60 to 1700 in a couple of hands. Lets see if i can avoid donking off these chips too soon like the other ones i had.

grandgnu
Aces no good today. Good2CU has A/A vs. short-stacked byee614's A/Q suited. Flop is King-high with two diamonds, all the money goes in and the Aces get outdrawn on the turn by the flush.

He goes out shortly thereafter with J/J against Durrons K/Q

good2cu
I'm out. Go NA!!!

PokerStars Game #2874558711: Tournament #13079392, Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2005/10/23 - 15:51:46 (ET)
Table '13079392 7' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: durron597 (2270 in chips)
Seat 2: zabt (3710 in chips)
Seat 4: byee614 (1760 in chips)
Seat 5: ajmartino (1665 in chips)
Seat 6: good2cu (3035 in chips)
Seat 7: chiselmonkey (2905 in chips)
Seat 8: Irish069 (2485 in chips)
Seat 9: ezmogee (2635 in chips)
zabt: posts small blind 50
byee614: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to good2cu [As Ah]
durron597 said, "hey zabt what country are you"
good2cu: calls 100
Irish069: calls 100
ezmogee: folds
durron597: folds
zabt: calls 50
byee614: raises 400 to 500
ajmartino said, "I can't beat you guys post-flop, so I have to become a MIS"
good2cu: calls 400
pasty11 is connected
zabt said, "I live in the US"
zabt: folds
*** FLOP *** [6h 4d Kd]
durron597 said, "ok"
byee614: bets 1260 and is all-in
good2cu: calls 1260
durron597 said, "omg its pasty"
ajmartino said, "yowza!"
zabt said, "does that mean you won't try to steal from me anymore?"
*** TURN *** [6h 4d Kd] [5d]
ajmartino said, "there it is"
*** RIVER *** [6h 4d Kd 5d] [2h]
good2cu said, "boooo"
ajmartino said, "nice catch"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
byee614: shows [Ad Qd] (a flush, Ace high)
good2cu: shows [As Ah] (a pair of Aces)
durron597 said, "i havent tried to steal from u"
byee614 collected 3720 from pot
durron597 said, "thta was the first time i raised"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3720 | Rake 0
Board [6h 4d Kd 5d 2h]
Seat 1: durron597 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: zabt (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: byee614 (big blind) showed [Ad Qd] and won (3720) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 5: ajmartino folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: good2cu showed [As Ah] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 7: chiselmonkey folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Irish069 folded before Flop
Seat 9: ezmogee folded before Flop (didn't bet)

2 hands later

PokerStars Game #2874570972: Tournament #13079392, Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2005/10/23 - 15:53:28 (ET)
Table '13079392 7' Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: durron597 (2270 in chips)
Seat 2: zabt (3610 in chips)
Seat 3: pasty11 (4265 in chips)
Seat 4: byee614 (3670 in chips)
Seat 5: ajmartino (1565 in chips)
Seat 6: good2cu (1275 in chips)
Seat 7: chiselmonkey (2905 in chips)
Seat 8: Irish069 (2385 in chips)
Seat 9: ezmogee (2785 in chips)
ajmartino: posts small blind 50
good2cu: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to good2cu [Jd Jc]
durron597 said, "i would have folded if i had 72o those completes"
ezmogee: folds
durron597: raises 200 to 300
zabt: folds
pasty11: folds
byee614: folds
good2cu: raises 975 to 1275 and is all-in
durron597: calls 975
*** FLOP *** [Kh Qd 2h]
good2cu said, "damn AQ"
*** TURN *** [Kh Qd 2h] [2c]
*** RIVER *** [Kh Qd 2h 2c] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
good2cu: shows [Jd Jc] (two pair, Jacks and Deuces)
durron597: shows [Qs As] (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
durron597 said, "gg"
durron597 collected 2600 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2600 | Rake 0
Board [Kh Qd 2h 2c 9h]
Seat 1: durron597 showed [Qs As] and won (2600) with two pair, Queens and Deuces
Seat 2: zabt folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: pasty11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: byee614 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: ajmartino (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: good2cu (big blind) showed [Jd Jc] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Deuces
Seat 7: chiselmonkey folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Irish069 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: ezmogee folded before Flop (didn't bet)

YourFoxyGrandma
10-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Donked my way short and lost JJ to AT allin pf. 40th.

durron597
10-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Apparently me playing like a retard did not have the same effect I hoped it would. Oh well, I guess I have to learn to pick my spots a little better. Back to the same ol' grind in like... normal SnGs ... now...

splashpot
10-23-2005, 04:04 PM
9th at the break

Brad F.
10-23-2005, 04:04 PM
3rd at break...

Brad

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Im getting berated for a loose preflop call, lol.

Rduke55
10-23-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im getting berated for a loose preflop call, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too but mine was looser than yours I bet

Stoneii
10-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Looks like a bad day at the "Races" for EU so far /images/graemlins/frown.gif

From early reports some "creative" calls seem to be going on throughout the tournie /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

My TT lost all-in to a 44 called by a fellow EU'er - a stack call I guess - and I see he's just given his whole stack to a NA - oh dear

stoneii

10-23-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a bad day at the "Races" for EU so far /images/graemlins/frown.gif

From early reports some "creative" calls seem to be going on throughout the tournie /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

My TT lost all-in to a 44 called by a fellow EU'er - a stack call I guess - and I see he's just given his whole stack to a NA - oh dear

stoneii

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all races.

PokerStars Game #2874739146: Tournament #13079392, Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2005/10/23 - 16:15:54 (ET)
Table '13079392 2' Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: cha59 (1345 in chips)
Seat 3: BigScaryFish (3610 in chips)
Seat 4: madarn (2185 in chips)
Seat 5: DrKananga (1470 in chips)
Seat 6: ordinaryboy (3280 in chips)
Seat 7: fromthedirty (3860 in chips)
Seat 8: Jcardshark (3965 in chips)
Seat 9: Zipster (4120 in chips)
cha59: posts small blind 75
BigScaryFish: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BigScaryFish [9s Ac]
madarn: folds
DrKananga: folds
cha59 said, "at least we beat the packer today /images/graemlins/smile.gif"
ordinaryboy: folds
fromthedirty: folds
Jcardshark: folds
Zipster: folds
cha59: raises 1195 to 1345 and is all-in
BigScaryFish: calls 1195
*** FLOP *** [8c 5d 4s]
*** TURN *** [8c 5d 4s] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [8c 5d 4s 9c] [4c]
cha59 said, "gg"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
cha59: shows [7c Ad] (a pair of Fours)
BigScaryFish: shows [9s Ac] (two pair, Nines and Fours)
BigScaryFish said, "gg"
BigScaryFish collected 2690 from pot

valenzuela
10-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Tourney report:
I build a 2000 stack, I raise with 88UTG( i was raising many hands)BB calls, flop comes 252 he bets, i push , eh call he has aces Im left with 1000 chips.
I steal my way to 2000 and this controversial hands come up.
Tigertie with 5k bets 300, Im in the SB and I call with K2s( the BB was sitting out, the blinds were 50/100)the flop is KQ8 diamons( i had spades) I check, he bets 400, I push he calls..with QJs..I double up and then the following hands pisses me off.
Guy with 2200( blinds 75/150) bets 450 on the CO , I reraise him all-in with KQo on the BB, he calls with 77 and wins the race.
Then I overbet the pot with KTo on a T66 and I get called by AT, bah I hated the tourney Im never ever playing on this EU vs NA things ever again /images/graemlins/mad.gif