PDA

View Full Version : Is my draw too weak to play the flop?

PSW
09-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The game is pretty typical for the limit/location. SP is a Tazz at 32/8/2.27.

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Thanks,

psw

09-22-2005, 05:24 PM
You have one overcard, BDSD and BDFD. How many outs do you give yourself for that? Figure that out and you can answer your own question.

Without doing any math I think this is an easy fold on the flop and an even easier fold on the turn.

thesharpie
09-22-2005, 05:26 PM
You can raise preflop if the limpers are loose. On the flop you're getting 7 to 1 with a decent chance of it being raised behind you. I'd want at least 6 outs here, I give you 4. Fold.

thesharpie
09-22-2005, 05:28 PM
The turn call looks alright to me.

09-22-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn call looks alright to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably you're right, wasn't really looking at the pot size correctly. How much do you discount our king outs here, it at all?

Additonal dumb question: When you're discounting outs do you factor in the fact that you're going to have to pay an extra bet on the river if you hit your king and are behind?

thesharpie
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
We could discount our king outs to 1 and call profitably with the gutshot draw to go along with it getting 8 to 1. I'm not sure how much we should discount it, but I'm pretty sure they're worth at least 1 out, especially against this "taz".

Say you have 3 outs and discount them to 1.5 outs, you don't really need to worry about the fact you're paying a river bet when beaten, since half the time you'll gain that river bet back when ahead, possibly more since someone else is in the pot.