PDA

View Full Version : Good posts on HU SNGs?

kitaristi0
09-22-2005, 03:57 PM
I tried the search function and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Basically, a basic strategy for beating the low limit HU SNGs is what I'm looking for. I know HU is very opponent dependent, but if there are any good threads out there I'd like to have a read, maybe pick up a new trick or two.

Mr_J
09-22-2005, 04:07 PM
"Basically, a basic strategy for beating the low limit HU SNGs is what I'm looking for."

Like you said, it's player dependent. HU is an art, not science.

"any good threads out there I'd like to have a read, maybe pick up a new trick or two."

Not really.

09-22-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Basically, a basic strategy for beating the low limit HU SNGs is what I'm looking for."

Like you said, it's player dependent. HU is an art, not science.

"any good threads out there I'd like to have a read, maybe pick up a new trick or two."

Not really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, HU is totally different. Requires all kinds of playing styles, and all kinds of gear changing, depending on your opponent. A totally different world than multihanded poker IMO.

lorinda
09-22-2005, 04:14 PM
The good news is that play money HU games can teach you a lot.

Lori

09-22-2005, 06:00 PM
agreed, the skill level is no different at low level opposed to play money. patterns persist throughout with bad players.

IHateKeithSmart
09-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey kit:

This (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=114540&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1) is a good, old HU post (not SNG specific). Check out the whole thread, gets into what % of hands to play, etc.

For me, I think that practice is really the best aid, especially since you're almost guaranteed to have a new opponent (and challenge) every time. Try out different things. With heads up (like MTTs) there are a number of successful styles. Some like to play extremely agressively, and that may work for them. For me, what works is trying to be as random as possible vs. being as aggressive as possible.

I don't have a ton of experience, but I've done about 400 HU sng's at stars from $5-$50. I have about a 58% win rate and just under 30% roi. One thing I've noticed is that I have a very hard time successfully multi-tabling these. I once saw strassa 8-tabling the 1K HU sngs and was completely blown away, and then you have magic-boy 4 tabling the 5k sngs. Whatever works for you I guess.