PDA

View Full Version : Tag Team poker

09-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know the rules for Tag Team Poker? Thanks.

Luv2DriveTT
09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know the rules for Tag Team Poker? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... but Bunkfest was a tag team rotation tournament. We defined our own rules, and everyone enjoyed the game with a minimum of miscommunication. Essentially there was 4 games in the rotation, and each player had to play 2 out of the 4 games. Which game was up to the team to decide.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
How was the tournament structured? Was it a bracket with winning teams advancing to the next round? I want to hold a tag team tournament but im not sure how to structure the tournament.

randomstumbl
09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I remember reading about a mixed doubles tournament somewhere. I think they just switched players each level. The players on a team all just play the same stack. If you run out of chips, the whole team is out.

The downside is that half the active players are sitting out at any given time.

Luv2DriveTT
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How was the tournament structured? Was it a bracket with winning teams advancing to the next round? I want to hold a tag team tournament but im not sure how to structure the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a normal tournament, with 30 teams. At the final table we let the teams decide for themselves when to switch, this way the strongest player in the team took charge for the most part. Essentially it was two player using the same stack, rather simple IMHO.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

09-22-2005, 08:19 PM
OK thanks, I was wondering if the players just shared one stack.