PDA

View Full Version : Bump this thread whenever a Scientologist is weird

Blarg
09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
From MSNBC:

[ QUOTE ]
Some Jenna Elfman fans were startled by what the star had to say in a recent issue of Scientology’s magazine Celebrity.

The former star of “Dharma and Greg” is a devotee of the controversial religion, whose members also include Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

“I intend to make Scientology as accessible to as many people as I can. And that is my goal,” Elfman said. To do this, she says, it is my “duty to clear the planet.” By “clearing” she means to rid the world of “body thetans” — aliens who Scientologists believe inhabit the earth from a nuclear explosion 75 million years ago. She continued that “the more successful I became, the more suppression I bumped into … especially in the entertainment industry, which really is home to rabid suppression.”

“Her comments seem to reflect an increasingly almost paranoid view of the world around her in which she appears to have cleared house of all the suppressive people,” Rick Ross, who runs Cultnews.com, tells The Scoop. “Which to Scientologists would include all the people who are critical of Scientology.”

[/ QUOTE ]

From The Superficial:

[ QUOTE ]
If there's one thing I know, it's that random gossip from total strangers based on absolutely no facts is true about 100% of the time. That said, here's an email that reader Rob decided to forward in.

So, I work with this girl who has a family friend that works in PR in Hollywood, and she always has fun little scoops about celeb stuff. Well, if this is true, this is just ridiculous! So, the whole Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes thing - apparently, it is, like we all thought anyway, a ridiculous PR thing. Tom Cruise was supposedly caught in bed with Rob Thomas (the lead singer of Matchbox 20) by Rob Thomas's wife, Marisol. Rob Thomas is also a Scientologist. Obviously, nobody wanted this to get out, and Marisol was going nuts threatening to expose them. I think that she might be getting paid off, but to preempt any rumors about Tom, the Scientology people as well as Tom's PR people basically recruited Katie Holmes to play this part of Tom's super-excited girlfriend, and they are just paying her a b*ttload of money. I guess they also woo'd her with promises of what this would do for her career, since she's at best a B-lister. But I guess now Marisol is so annoyed at all of the press Tom and Katie's relationship is getting, she's threatening to go public, spill the beans, and file for divorce.

Sure, why not.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here's a nice reference:

[ QUOTE ]
The origin of the cult's belief that their bodies are inhabited by the wandering souls of fried space aliens. Yes, Cruise and Travolta believe this.

Originally written by L. Ron Hubbard.

The head of the Galactic Confederation (76 planets founded 95 million years ago) solved overpopulation by mass implanting.

He caused people to be brought to Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H bomb on the principal volcanoes and then the Pacific area ones were taken in boxes to Hawaii and the Atlantic Area ones to Las Palmas and there 'packaged'.

His name was 'Xenu'. He used renegades. Various misleading data by means of circuits, etc. were placed in the implants. When through with his crime Loyal Officers (to the people) captured him after 6 years of battle and put him in an electronic mountain trap where he still is.

'They' are gone. The Confederation has since been a desert.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.scientology-kills.org/ot3.htm

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 03:49 PM
They got Jenna? That's disappointing.

samjjones
09-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Scientology is fun stuff.

Eurotrash
09-22-2005, 04:10 PM
wow, I had no idea scientology was really that weird. these people are crazy.

wayabvpar
09-22-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump this thread whenever a Scientologist is weird

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that this is a full time job, right? We will need t work in shifts 24/7 to make sure we catch each incident.

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Scientology reaches out to Kate Moss
Controversial religion wants the model to join their drug rehab program
KATE MOSS
Chanel and Burberry recently cancelled contracts with British supermodel Kate Moss after learning of her alleged drug use.
Stuart Ramson / AP file

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 2:46 a.m. ET Sept. 22, 2005

Scientology has a message for Kate Moss: We can help.

Reps of the controversial religion are “reaching out” to the model, offering to help her beat her drug problem, says a well-placed source. Moss was recently dropped from a lucrative modeling contract when she was photographed snorting lines of coke.

“Scientology has become quite proactive in reaching out to people,” says the source. “Kate is a woman who needs help and Scientology feels that they can steer her in the right direction.”

[/ QUOTE ]

jesusarenque
09-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Man, that is the weirdest thing I've heard of since Christianity.

swede123
09-22-2005, 05:07 PM
I find this stuff fascinating. Those freakin' people are even stranger than mormons, and that's saying alot! Some good reading about the E-meter (http://www.e-meter.org.uk/page06.htm) here.

http://www.rtc.org/pics/std/religion/emeter.jpg

Scientology is like a cool sci-fi story that is actually playing out in the here and now, only without the cool.

Swede

FouTight
09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
http://www.ethicalarts.org/febgallery/xenu%20hates%20thetans.jpg

samjjones
09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Originally written by L. Ron Hubbard.

The head of the Galactic Confederation (76 planets founded 95 million years ago) solved overpopulation by mass implanting.

He caused people to be brought to Teegeeack (Earth) and put an H bomb on the principal volcanoes and then the Pacific area ones were taken in boxes to Hawaii and the Atlantic Area ones to Las Palmas and there 'packaged'.

His name was 'Xenu'. He used renegades. Various misleading data by means of circuits, etc. were placed in the implants. When through with his crime Loyal Officers (to the people) captured him after 6 years of battle and put him in an electronic mountain trap where he still is.

'They' are gone. The Confederation has since been a desert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats hilarious is that the above is absolutely 100% the basis of Scientology. The sad part is that Scientologists themselves don't find out about this part until they have spent upwards of 80-100K, since Scientologists have to pay money to take "courses" which advance them up some kind of theological ladder. L.Ron Hubbard was a very clever con man. FWIW, Tom Cruise just reached the level that finally explains the above within the past year or so, despite being a Scientologist for the past 20 years. So that pretty much explains why he has gone bonkers lately.

samjjones
09-22-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find this stuff fascinating. Those freakin' people are even stranger than mormons, and that's saying alot!

[/ QUOTE ]
I encourage everybody to watch the South Park episode dealing with the Mormons. Pretty much explained it all.

swede123
09-22-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I encourage everybody to watch the South Park episode dealing with the Mormons. Pretty much explained it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That episode was pure gold.

Swede

stabn
09-22-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Scientology is like a cool sci-fi story that is actually playing out in the here and now, only without the cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, wow, it's so weird that scientology would be so much like sci-fi...
<font color="white"> White space requried. </font>

swede123
09-22-2005, 05:17 PM
That wasn't really the point of the statement you quoted.

Swede

stabn
09-22-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That wasn't really the point of the statement you quoted.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
I know.

samjjones
09-22-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That episode was pure gold.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Stan: No, it's a matter of logic! If you're gonna say things that have been proven wrong, like that the first man and woman lived in Missouri, and that Native Americans came from Jerusalem, then you'd better have something to back it up. All you've got are a bunch of stories about some asswipe who read plates nobody ever saw out of a hat, and then couldn't do it again when the translatios were hidden!

tdarko
09-22-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, like who cares?

if they want to be strange let them be strange. next we are going to have "bump this thread whenever a bum is unmotivated" or "bump this thread whenever gary busey flakes out." yeah we get it their weird move on.

samjjones
09-22-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, like who cares?

if they want to be strange let them be strange. next we are going to have "bump this thread whenever a bum is unmotivated" or "bump this thread whenever gary busey flakes out." yeah we get it their weird move on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Imagine if Busey WAS a Scientologist? Would the Earth spin off axis and hurtle randomly into the void?

Blarg
09-22-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find this stuff fascinating. Those freakin' people are even stranger than mormons, and that's saying alot! Some good reading about the E-meter (http://www.e-meter.org.uk/page06.htm) here.

http://www.rtc.org/pics/std/religion/emeter.jpg

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]]

Funny observation and good line! I'll have to steal it sometime.

Blarg
09-22-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find this stuff fascinating. Those freakin' people are even stranger than mormons, and that's saying alot!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mormons babysitted the kids in my family once when our parents decided they needed a vacation just on their own for a change(can't blame them, every couple should do it that way once in a while). Anyway, the Mormons definitely were creepy. What a truly joyless and angrily, fearfully repressed, laughably uptight bunch. I constantly had a feeling that the air was about to shatter like glass around them. I'm afraid I haven't found any of the Mormons I've known to be any other way.

I'm sure there are some nice ones, but I'd be very surprised if the truly uptight with at least edges of creepiness wasn't there in even the best of them.

Blarg
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, like who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

You cared enough to post about how there's nothing to post about.

Figure that one out.

PassiveCaller
09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Do we really need this since it could in fact be bumped everyday? :-)

theben
09-22-2005, 06:21 PM
they are morons

rlpsjstyle
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Why not just have Commodus make it a sticky?

tdarko
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Figure that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]
starting a thread...replying within a thread, yeah its the same thing /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

plus i never said there wasn't anything to ever post about, where did you get that from?

Blarg
09-22-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Figure that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]
starting a thread...replying within a thread, yeah its the same thing /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

plus i never said there wasn't anything to ever post about, where did you get that from?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, replying is far sillier.

That said, Mr. Hubbard, just don't read threads you're not interested in.

Mason Hellmuth
09-22-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats hilarious is that the above is absolutely 100% the basis of Scientology. The sad part is that Scientologists themselves don't find out about this part until they have spent upwards of 80-100K, since Scientologists have to pay money to take "courses" which advance them up some kind of theological ladder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but they are told that unimaginable harm will come to them if they see any of that material ahead of time. The organization is also fanatical about keeping those items out of the public eye (through legal and illegal means), although the rise of Internet mirroring has basically made this impossible.

I wouldn't trust them for medical care (http://www.lisamcpherson.org/), either.

The Truth
09-22-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant

-blake

09-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Only through Dianetics can your Thetan be revived. But try to suppress me, as other suppressives have, or try to sustain the reactive engrams and you shall feel the righteous triumph of secular metaphysical science.

Rhodesia refused me, need I venture further?

The Ocho
09-22-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
need I venture further?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

09-22-2005, 10:58 PM
A suppressive person is a person who seeks to suppress any betterment activity or group. The suppressive person, also called an antisocial personality, works to upset, continuously undermine, spread bad news and denigrate other people and their activities. While it has sometimes been said that a Suppressive person is just anti-Scientology, the fact is they oppose anyone doing better in life. Such people are not always easy to identify, however, they can be known by specific characteristics:

1. He or she speaks only in very broad generalities. “They say...” “Everybody thinks...” “Everyone knows...”

2. Such a person deals mainly in bad news, critical or hostile remarks, invalidation and general suppression.

3. The antisocial personality alters, to worsen, communication when he or she relays a message or news.

4. A characteristic, and one of the sad things about an antisocial personality, is that it does not respond to treatment or reform.

5. Surrounding such a personality we find cowed or ill associates or friends who, when not driven actually insane, are yet behaving in a crippled manner in life, failing, not succeeding.

6. The antisocial personality habitually selects the wrong target. If A is the obvious cause, the antisocial personality inevitably blames B or C or D.

7. The antisocial cannot finish a cycle of action. The antisocial becomes surrounded with incomplete projects.

8. Many antisocial persons will freely confess to the most alarming crimes when forced to do so, but will have no faintest sense of responsibility for them.

9. The antisocial personality supports only destructive groups and rages against and attacks any constructive or betterment group.

10. This type of personality approves only of destructive actions and fights against constructive or helpful actions or activities.

11. Helping others is an activity which drives the antisocial personality nearly berserk. Activities, however, which destroy in the name of help are closely supported.

12. The antisocial personality has a bad sense of property and conceives that the idea that anyone owns anything is a pretense, made up to fool people. Nothing is every really owned.

Fortunately, such individuals are a very small percentage of the population. But because society as a whole has not had any means to identify them, the amount of havoc wreaked by the anti-social personality throughout the centuries is incalculable.

Virtually all the turmoil and conflict in an individual’s life can be traced to contact with such personalities. Individual men and women can usually sort out their differences through communication if they are not adversely influenced, often unknowingly, by an antisocial personality attempting to inflame, instead of resolve, conflicts.

tdarko
09-22-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, replying is far sillier.

[/ QUOTE ]
i disagree, for the same reason people in this thread keep saying that this is "going to be a 24/7 job" or "can't we just make this a sticky?" threads like these IMO are clutter just like the forbidded spam, *****warning poker content*****bad beat stories etc., its stuff we here over and over again.

so no replying to a thread is not sillier than cluttering up the boards with [censored] that has been said a thousand times.

tdarko
09-22-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, Mr. Hubbard, just don't read threads you're not interested in.

[/ QUOTE ]
i can reply to this b/c i now know who it is. what a weird [censored] /images/graemlins/blush.gif, uh oh but we already knew this didn't we?

Blarg
09-22-2005, 11:52 PM
I think you're just spoiling for something to complain about.

Of all things, complaining that people are willing to make posts about Scientology is one of the more abjectly pointless you could possibly come up with.

And uselessly argumentative. Very silly indeed.

Blarg
09-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Interesting and thanks for the info.

Creepy stuff and very circular. Everyone who disagrees with you is evil, and the proof of it is that they disagree with you.

Obviously this kind of thinking is of no use to anyone with their head on their shoulders, but meant to preach to the choir to reinforce the idea of the centrality of Scientology and the pathology of all alternatives, as well as pathologize anyone believing in any alternatives.

Gotta hand Mr. Hubbard credit for knowing what he's doing. He made one of the most successful cults of the last century, and even better, he made it pay.

tdarko
09-23-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're just spoiling for something to complain about.

Of all things, complaining that people are willing to make posts about Scientology is one of the more abjectly pointless you could possibly come up with.

And uselessly argumentative. Very silly indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]
your opinion. i respect it.

my opinion is i think its silly to argue about silly topics such as scientology, religion, politics and many more in the OOT (even just in general).

you win arguement over. post your plant pics i liked them better anyway.

smokingrobot
09-23-2005, 12:07 AM
apparently Beck is a scientologist.

09-23-2005, 12:08 AM
I respect you

sexdrugsmoney
09-23-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
apparently Beck is a scientologist.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

Kirstie Alley too.

Blarg
09-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Plant pics?

I've never posted a pic on any forum. Don't even know how. Guess I could learn, but I've never bothered to.

Whatever the plant pics are, they were from someone else.

tdarko
09-23-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plant pics?

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry, that was Boris. my fault.

MyTurn2Raise
09-23-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They got Jenna? That's disappointing.

[/ QUOTE ]

as long as it isn't Jameson, we're ok