PDA

View Full Version : Press the edge?

Nacarno
09-22-2005, 03:37 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2440)
MP (t1925)
CO (t4280)
Button (t845)
Hero (t1980)
BB (t2030)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t845</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t995

This is a $55 where the players all seem to be pretty competetant. The short-stacked button has been pushing a lot in late position and the SB when it's folded to him.

Is this a spot where I need to be looking to take what I believe to probably be an edge in terms of cards since there don't seem to be any donks playing or am I just on some sort of tilt from being card dead in the last 23987473 tournaments?

viennagreen
09-22-2005, 04:00 PM
i don't play the stars tourneys--- but at the 109s and 215s at party i call here... button should be pushing any pair, any ace, most kings.

if you were the BB, it would be super-automatic... there is only a small chance that the BB player comes along too, which is something you don't want.

actually--- pushing over the top might be better than calling, specifically because you don't want the BB in the hand.

09-22-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't play the stars tourneys--- but at the 109s and 215s at party i call here... button should be pushing any pair, any ace, most kings.

if you were the BB, it would be super-automatic... there is only a small chance that the BB player comes along too, which is something you don't want.

actually--- pushing over the top might be better than calling, specifically because you don't want the BB in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. Based on info available, push over the top is the play.

bigt439
09-22-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a $55 where the players all seem to be pretty competetant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most important thing you need to learn from this thread is that that is completely untrue. It's not even debateable that most people there are just awful.

With the specific hand I say it's almost always a call. Depending on reads it may be marginal enough to pass, but it's almost never -EV. So push her in.

Nacarno
09-22-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a $55 where the players all seem to be pretty competetant.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most important thing you need to learn from this thread is that that is completely untrue. It's not even debateable that most people there are just awful.

With the specific hand I say it's almost always a call. Depending on reads it may be marginal enough to pass, but it's almost never -EV. So push her in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because people are usually dumb at the $55s doesn't mean it necessarily so in this specific instance. In any case, looks like a repush is the move. Thanks for the input everyone.