PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 in rockford did i go wrong?

jaydoggie
05-10-2003, 04:36 AM
UTG Calls
other 8 players including sb fold.
I have 44. check

10 9 2

i bet. utg raise. i call

9s pair on turn.

i check, UTG bets, i raise, UTG calls.

3 on river. I bet UTG calls with A9.

did i play this wrong? (this was my first BB so i had yet to established a table image.)

Bob T.
05-10-2003, 05:02 AM
did i play this wrong?

Yes. Check/fold the flop. There are eight limpers, someone has a lot more of the flop than you.

jaydoggie
05-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Maybe I wasnt clear. Everyone but UTG folded preflop. So when the flop came it was headsup. When I was raised on the flop I assumed top pair. By raising with the 9 hit I was hoping to get the top pair out. When I wasnt reraised it reinforced my instinct, and when I was called on the river it reinforced my instinct. I couldn't believe I wasn't reraised on the turn, or raised on the river by the 3rd 9 with the Ace kicker. :/

bernie
05-10-2003, 09:59 AM
unless you know this to be a tricky player, or one that will raise the flop with nothing in this case, id fold the flop. usually that flop raise means your beat.

you paid way too much this hand.

b

jaydoggie
05-10-2003, 10:47 AM
i guess i stereotyped her play because she was a woman. most women ive played in lower limit games play very passively, and a raise with middle pair is unheard of.

but i agree in hind site, i shoulda just got the f out of there. :/

Bob T.
05-10-2003, 01:50 PM
i guess i stereotyped her play because she was a woman. most women ive played in lower limit games play very passively,

A player you expect to be passive raises your flop bet, and you continue with marginal values? When aggressive players call, and when passive players raise, it should set off little warning flags in your head.

Bob T.
05-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Sorry, bad reading on my part. Headsup, I would bet the flop, and then I how I would play from there, depends on the player. When you got raised on the flop, what did you expect that your opponent had. I think it is a safe assumption that they might have more than you did, and now you are drawing to two outs.