PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans

Filip
09-22-2005, 03:36 PM
My first plan was to check-raise the flop, but then i thought of a post about not commeting yourself with a wrapper when u could be killed on the turn so i decide wait for safe turn. The turn was all but safe.

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($97)
UTG+1 ($167.30)
Hero ($103.35)
MP2 ($112.50)
CO ($209.90)
Button ($139.35)
SB ($17)
BB ($40)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $4.50, MP2 calls $4.50.

Flop: ($18) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $18</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $18.

Turn: ($54) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($54) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $54</font>

I figured he had a hand simular to mine since he checked the turn and decided to bluff it on the river.
Stupid or ok?

BluffTHIS!
09-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I would have bet the river in *most* cases. He either had a J with a straight draw or an overpair most likely if he wasn't full. However often enough someone who filled there is not going to bet the turn because he can't usually get any action. So you need to know your regular opponent's tendencies. Also a bet of around 1/2 to 2/3 pot on the river would accomplish the desired result usually without losing as much if you get raised by a full house. And all this assumes you are not betting into a known calling station.

Filip
09-22-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the river in *most* cases. He either had a J with a straight draw or an overpair most likely if he wasn't full. However often enough someone who filled there is not going to bet the turn because he can't usually get any action. So you need to know your regular opponent's tendencies. Also a bet of around 1/2 to 2/3 pot on the river would accomplish the desired result usually without losing as much if you get raised by a full house. And all this assumes you are not betting into a known calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

The player is unknown to me so no read.

The size of the riverbet was also something i was wondering about so it was good that you mentioned it. I am afraid a thinking opponent will observe that i bet 1/3-2/3 bets when i am bluffing. To avoid this i would have to bet lesser with real hands too. And wouldnt that dip into my profits since i sure bet the nuts more often than i bluff?

BluffTHIS!
09-22-2005, 03:59 PM
You can't have it both ways. And if you sometimes bet the nuts weak on the river you will often get calls you wouldn't have if you had bet the pot and also will occasionally get played back at by someone with a lesser hand reading you for a steal.

Filip
09-22-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't have it both ways. And if you sometimes bet the nuts weak on the river you will often get calls you wouldn't have if you had bet the pot and also will occasionally get played back at by someone with a lesser hand reading you for a steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, i am gonna adopt a wider betting pattern and see what happens. Maybe for starters i should also increase my bluffing abit.