PDA

View Full Version : WCOOP collusion?

Easy E
09-22-2005, 03:28 PM
"WCOOP is the real deal By Steve Rosenbloom

<font color="green">"Panella86" cut a deal with "Vendetta" and "tralala." Each would take more than $500,000 of the prize pool, with $50,000 and the bracelet at stake.</font>

I don't play online- is it common to even split the vast majority of the prize pool 3-ways and play for a pittance? Were the chip stacks all around even?

Because I surely would be looking hard at hand histories and previous rounds after seeing this, if I'd been in the WCOOP main event.

tpir90036
09-22-2005, 03:40 PM
You're kidding right? People make deals at the end of tournaments all the time. Live and on-line. I would have been more suprised if they didn't make a deal with such huge money at stake for the top few spots.

Georgia Avenue
09-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Plus they tried to cut a deal with the 4th and 5th place finishers... both of whom refused to deal.

So if they were colluding, they were doing a crappy job!

stabn
09-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Yes. And that is true for B&amp;M tournaments as well.

drewjustdrew
09-22-2005, 04:01 PM
First consider that there were 1400 players + in the event. How likely is it that these 3 players knew each other? Not very.

MicroBob
09-22-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it common to even split the vast majority of the prize pool 3-ways and play for a pittance? Were the chip stacks all around even?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes.
The deal is overseen by Stars support (in this case...Lee Jones was there to supervise the deal).

This was x-posted over in another forum too?? It's a really ridiculous question for even one forum..much less two.

GuyOnTilt
09-22-2005, 08:11 PM
LOL. You have how many posts?

GoT

Kevmath
09-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Are we sure that someone didn't infiltrate E's account and make this post? This seems like an incredibly naive question to ask, even if he doesn't play online.

stabn
09-22-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. You have how many posts?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes it even funnier is that while most of his posts are in OOT/Sports his largest number of on-topic posts seem to be in the MTT forum.

Army Eye
09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

B Dids
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
My new thing is join date vs. post count (I call it "THE TSC Effect".

So like "you've been regged since 2002"?

Easy E
09-23-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, how do I interpret what this means, from someone who has 3600 posts in half a year??

Seriously, what does your new ratio tell you? Or is this just used to dismiss supposed stupidity... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Easy E
09-23-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we sure that someone didn't infiltrate E's account and make this post? This seems like an incredibly naive question to ask, even if he doesn't play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full explaination/rationalization to come later, when I have some time. For now, let's just say that I've learned my 2+2 marketing tricks over the years..

And yes, I don't play online, so there was a semi-serious question disguised in the post.

B Dids
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, how do I interpret what this means, from someone who has 3600 posts in half a year??

Seriously, what does your new ratio tell you? Or is this just used to dismiss supposed stupidity... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: I am Dids

09/23/2005 - 02/01/2004 != 6 months.

Easy E
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
This reply scared me, until I realized that "on-topic posts" meant "about poker" and "recently"

I mean, I hardly ever post in MTT for several reasons- I haven't posted over there in months.

Easy E
09-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay, so attention to detail is off this afternoon.. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Can I claim I was flashing back to the oldie but goodie year of 2004?? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I am curious what you use this TSC Effect is and what you use it for.

Easy E
09-23-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was x-posted over in another forum too?? It's a really ridiculous question for even one forum..much less two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted here first, then thought it might be more appropriate in the Zoo (too impatient to have a mod move it)... then I wasn't sure what kind of answers I'd get there (case in point (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3474014&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)), so I decided WTF.

As to the judgement part... that answer is coming later on, when I have some time.

B Dids
09-23-2005, 06:01 PM
TSC=The Salt Cracka, a poster who ran up 10K posts almost totally in OOT. Basically so many posters are now running up huge post counts never talking about poker, post count has become a worse metric for judging poster quality.

stabn
09-23-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This reply scared me, until I realized that "on-topic posts" meant "about poker" and "recently"

I mean, I hardly ever post in MTT for several reasons- I haven't posted over there in months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to look back pretty far to find something in non-wpt/oot/sports. You did have a decent amount of posts in MTT 3+ months ago though. Enough that I would have thought you would understand deals and how common they are on the internet, especially in stars tournaments.

Easy E
09-23-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TSC=The Salt Cracka, a poster who ran up 10K posts almost totally in OOT. Basically so many posters are now running up huge post counts never talking about poker, post count has become a worse metric for judging poster quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

*smack* I can't believe I missed the Cracker reference. I haven't been spending as much time in OOT these days.

And I don't think that metric ever had more than incidental value... but I agree it is exponentially less significant.