View Full Version : 33:Set:Action

orange
09-22-2005, 02:58 PM
.10/.25 NL 3 handed Live.

Stacks are all about equal-
Hero($~23ish)BB
Villan 1(~$28)SB
Villan 2($18)button

Game is very loose PF with few raises- just alot of limping.

Villan 1(~$28) is super tight/weak. He has a low understanding of the game and is very bad post-flop. He is very very passive, and once folded KK on a 2 7 10 board to my pot-sized bet (with 910).

Villan 2 (~$18) is a super donk- his plays have no reasoning-he is a calling station/LAG/tight weak rolled into one. He will bet on stuff like K6s and J3s etc, call on the flop with NPND and fold on the turn if he hasn't paired. He cannot fold TP in any circumstance, and is just a moron. He however, is not the main villan.

I have been a super LAG, winning maybe 6-7 pots throughout the last 10 hands-then losing some medium sized ones. They view me as pretty tight, and (stupidly) give me respect more often than not. I have ~$23.

Pre-flop: Hero has 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB.
Villan 2 raises to $1 from button
All call.

(~$3)Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villan 1 bets $.50
Hero calls $.50
Villan 2 raises to $1.50
Villan 1 calls $1
Hero raises to $6
Villan 2 calls $4.5
Villan 1 calls $4.5

(~$21)Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villan 1 checks
Hero....

Some thoughts I had on this hand- My standard is to raise Villan 2's bet on the flop- but I was 75% sure that Villan 1 was going to raise- with Villan 1 being a calling station, I wanted to jam as much money into the pot as possible. As soon as the 3rd /images/graemlins/spade.gif hit, I'm pretty sure that one was drawing.

Since they are fairly passive, do you like pushing the turn or checking (and hoping to fill up)? I have less than a PSB left.

wdeadwyler
09-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Raise more on flop. Push turn, you have less than psb and i cant imagine folding a set this short

orange
09-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Me either- but I am 95% sure that one has a flush. Is it wrong to push knowing that you are beat, and will get called?

I have played with both villans over many hours, and I am fairly positive one has a flush.

amoeba
09-22-2005, 03:27 PM
if you are sure they have a flush then check.

their passive nature might allow you to see free river anyways.

orange
09-22-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they bet?

wdeadwyler
09-22-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

PUSH. You have less than a PSB, lose it or win it. no big deal either way. Next time buy in full.

amoeba
09-22-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

math problem. like 3.4 to 1 to boat.

jt1
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
raise to at least 15 PF; I like to assume that one of my opponents will call.

Flop - check and do the math if your sure