PDA

View Full Version : NL hand, busted straight

maplepig
05-10-2003, 03:40 AM
single table nl tournament, blind is 15/30. I have around 1000 chips, on SB with JQs hearts. No raise preflop. Two MP limper, I call, blind check. Both MP and blind are about similar stack. Table is fairly loose aggressive postflop.

Flop
9d Ts Kd

Perfect flop. There's 120 chips in the pot. I bet 40. Hoping to induce a large raise. Button call, MP1 fold, MP2 call. Now there's 240 in the pot.

Turn Kc

I check. Again, table is loose aggressive. I haven't seen any check round before. Blind bet 40, MP raise to 120. I have about 900 chips and pushed all-in.

blind fold, MP call. I lost to KTo

I certainly wasn't expecting a boat on turn. MP could have anything from a flush draw to a trip K. If he has flopped two pair or trip, I thought he would definitely raise on a flop like that. If I make a pot size raise, I'll be left with 500 chips, and I still may have trouble folding when the third diamond fall given the pair on board and the table condition.

I don't know if there's any other way I can play this. Comments please?

maplepig
05-10-2003, 03:57 AM
I may have made a terrible mistake here. Blind is 10/20.
On turn, blind bet 20, MP raise to 60.
At the time of action, there's only 280 in the pot and I have 890.
the 5 dollar chip always made me think 20 is 40 since there are so many chips. If I know it's 240 in the pot, I'll play it differently, the result will change as well since river is Jd. Anyway, assuming this is the case, how will you play the river? check fold? I will check fold if MP bet more than 300, but how good is this play.

maplepig
05-10-2003, 04:02 AM
I feel a bit better now. I think the result won't change, cuz MP will definitely reraise me on turn and I won't fold to a reraise since I am not expecting a boat. I'd think he had AK, KQ, KJ.