PDA

View Full Version : A PLO 6max hand ($200)

ipp147
09-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Villain A. recently stacked me when we got it all in on a flop - my AA vs his big wrap draw. I played it badly so he might see me as a poor player.

Villain B. Is short stacked ($56) I have no other info.

2 folds and Villain A ($452) limps on the button. I ($193) complete from the SB with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain B raises to $5 from the BB. Villain A and I call.

3 to the flop - $15. 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, Villain B bets pot. Villain A calls. I raise pot to $70. Villain B calls. Villain A calls.

Turn 3 players (1 all-in) - Pot $210 (includes side pot $40) - T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I have $116 behind and push...

Thoughts? Anyone play it different?

Filip
09-22-2005, 03:39 PM
I like it and would have played it the same myself.

09-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Without any other reads, you are either marginally ahead or in very rough shape. The most likely hands for VillianB are A-A-x-x or K-K-x-x, which you are ahead of now and potentially way ahead if he is only drawing to the set.

VillianA is the issue for me. Does he have the flush draw or a straight draw? If he has the former, you can hope that B is sharing outs with him, in which case you are ahead on the turn. If he had the good straight draw, well, then he just hit it on the turn and you are drawing pretty thin. If he had the lower straight draw, you might still be ahead assuming he doesn't also have flush outs, in which case you are either flipping coins or slightly behind.

Also, given the short-handedness of the game, VillianA could have middle or bottom set and just have decided to call everything down. In this case, your flop action and the push on the turn may be enough to push him off, but i've seen many people just call this down. This might especially be the case if he doesn't respect your raises.

Even given all of this, I don't think you have much choice on the turn here. If you feel you have the best hand, I don't think you can get away from shoving your stack in. A blocking bet is going to give A great odds to call you whatever draw he is on.