PDA

View Full Version : buying hand histories

schwza
09-22-2005, 01:02 PM
i'm thinking about getting back into the 6max 200NL game on party. i don't want to do it without data (i used to use pokeredge), but i'm also too lazy to datamine a ton of hands.

is there a way to buy/trade hand histories? thanks.

Schwartzy61
09-22-2005, 01:57 PM
There probably is, but I'm pretty sure it's against the Terms and Conditions to share hand histories. Which is probably the main reason you can't use poker edge any more...

O Doyle Rules
09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

is there a way to buy/trade hand histories? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the reason the poker sites might ban HUDs?

(Not saying they should, it is just a strong argument for.)

HRFats
09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There probably is, but I'm pretty sure it's against the Terms and Conditions to share hand histories. Which is probably the main reason you can't use poker edge any more...

[/ QUOTE ]

It definately IS against the T&C's on the Party Network.

schwza
09-22-2005, 02:52 PM
oh, i just did a little back-of-the-envelope math:

80 hands / hour * 12 tables = 960 hands / hr. even if i only get 500 b/c of tables closing etc, i could get 20k in 5 8-hour nights.

how big db's do real hand miners have? over a million? i don't think my computer could come close to dealing with that in PT.

Adde
09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Is this the reason the poker sites might ban HUDs?

Yes! Eventually the sites will make a stand, IMO. Maybe because people get gready and start to sell data; maybe because poker software makers create too sofisticated tools.

Adde

otter
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
This talk of buying hand histories got me thinking. I currently belong to party and empire, but would like to add another (perhaps 2) skin so I can mine. I highly doubt that I'll play there. If I download the software will that exclude me from receiving bonuses or rback in the future should I decide to play?

crunchy1
09-22-2005, 03:14 PM
You don't need an account on a party skin to datamine.

Adde
09-22-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need an account on a party skin to datamine one table, for 2-4 tables you need to have a real money account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adde

otter
09-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Right, that's why I was curious whether or not it would negate my bonuse or rback should I ever decide to play there?

schwza
09-23-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It definately IS against the T&C's on the Party Network.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right. i'm not gonna do it.