PDA

View Full Version : No one expects...

Tailgunner
09-22-2005, 12:53 PM
...THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!
http://people.csail.mit.edu/paulfitz/spanish/tt3.jpg

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 12:57 PM
This is actually precisely what I was expecting. Perhaps I watch too much Python...

canis582
09-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Post deleted by canis582

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is your brain on the internet

http://www.cheapcooking.com/images/mush.jpg

Any questions?

Jake the bake to tailgunner: where did you learn to post?

tailgunner: FROM YOU ALRIGHT? I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you're talking about? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

IndieMatty
09-22-2005, 01:06 PM
You know Monty Python really isn't that funny right?

Shajen
09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Amusing old "don't do drugs" commercial where the father confronts the kid with a little baggy of skank weed and starts grilling him on how he learned to do it.

The YOU ALRIGHT part was the ending line.

I've used it often. (Yes, I am lame)

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amusing old "don't do drugs" commercial where the father confronts the kid with a little baggy of skank weed and starts grilling him on how he learned to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't know what this has to do with me.

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly wrong. Do you see why?

FouTight
09-22-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that was an anti-tabacco campaign, not drugs.

At any rate, OP makes a brilliant point, I certainly wasn't expecting this at all at this time.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It's like nerdy funny sure, but it's easily the most overrated comedy troup ever. Once I turned 16 or so I realized that "Holy Grail" isn't even close to being as funny as I thought it was.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that was an anti-tabacco campaign, not drugs.

At any rate, OP makes a brilliant point, I certainly wasn't expecting this at all at this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was drugs. Marijuana specifically found in a cigar box.

FouTight
09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
huh...

I thought it was actually just cigarettes and cigars in the cigar box, I definately agree on the cigar box matter though.

M2d
09-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I thought this was better
http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/world/images/inquis1.jpg

because it was followed by

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/world/images/boobs2.jpg
and
http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/world/images/goodkng2.jpg

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Never ceases to amaze me, when people think that they "know" what is funny and what isn't. Funny is subjective. Different things to different people. Flat out stating that something isn't funny, when thousands upon thousands of people obviously think it is, is always wrong. There are lots of things others find funny that I don't think is funny. They're funny. Just not to me.

stabn
09-22-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It's like nerdy funny sure, but it's easily the most overrated comedy troup ever. Once I turned 16 or so I realized that "Holy Grail" isn't even close to being as funny as I thought it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

swede123
09-22-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never ceases to amaze me, when people think that they "know" what is funny and what isn't. Funny is subjective. Different things to different people. Flat out stating that something isn't funny, when thousands upon thousands of people obviously think it is, is always wrong. There are lots of things others find funny that I don't think is funny. They're funny. Just not to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

Swede

stabn
09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
huh...

I thought it was actually just cigarettes and cigars in the cigar box, I definately agree on the cigar box matter though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Partnership for a Drug-Free America "I learned from watching you, Dad!" ads - After a father finds his son's drugs, he angrily demands to know where he learned to use drugs. The son responds him "I learned from watching you, Dad! I learned it from watching you!" (1987)

FouTight
09-22-2005, 01:54 PM
i was probably so young, I didn't even know what drugs where...

probably just assumed it was cigarettes. Thats pretty funny though.

IndieMatty
09-22-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3469228&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny.

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta disagree on this one, Vibesman. Lots of people know lots of things that are wrong. It doesn't make them opinions. It just makes those people stupid. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Here's my best example: I think vomiting is hilarious. Not when I do it. When someone else does it, and I mean anyone else. I laugh uncontrollably while watching people vomit in real life, in the movies, in cartoons. I've cracked up at puppets vomiting. Crying babies also cause me to start laughing.

Some people - indeed, most people - don't find these things funny. I don't care. Since they make me laugh, they are funny. And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right, especially if being right means I'll start watching "Seinfeld" or "Friends" and thinking that dreck is funny, because to me, it's obviously not. But Jerry Seinfeld has 200 million friends in a bank that all say "Seinfeld" was hilarious. So what do I know? Indeed, what do ANY of us know? Am I even wearing pants?

stabn
09-22-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think vomiting is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.

AngryCola
09-22-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You're still very wrong about this. Don't worry, though, it will be OK.
Many people get through life just fine without good taste.

I must again point to the "Best Comedy" thread we had in OOT more than a month ago. It clearly showed that very few of you have any sense of what makes good comedy. The bad picks in that thread were so sad that it led me to stop posting and checking 2+2 as much as I once did. (Well... that and the significant increase of members like SoSo.)

You guys have absolutely horrible taste in just about everything.

IndieMatty
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You're still very wrong about this. Don't worry, though, it will be OK.
Many people get through life just fine without good taste.

I must again point to the "Best Comedy" thread we had in OOT more than a month ago. It clearly showed that very few of you have any sense of what makes good comedy. The bad picks in that thread were so sad that it led me to stop posting and checking 2+2 as much as I once did. (Well... that and the significant increase of members like SoSo.)

You guys have absolutely horrible taste in just about everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're young and in the midwest, it's ok man, your tastes will mature eventually. You'll expand your horizons and see the light. Python is OVERRATED. Also' don't lump me in with the masses, my taste is exquisite. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

canis582
09-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Its heroin in the box. It was the 80's everyone was shooting up. He used to catch his dad passed out with a needle in his arm /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

InchoateHand
09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
The 80s saw a marked decline in heroin use, but don't let that trouble you. Ups and Downs tend to come in waves, and the 80s was not a down wave.

astroglide
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM
i was expecting it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i haven't watched monty python anything in a long time, but i've certainly grown to hate the idea of it. people incessantly parrot the popular routines, usually with misquotes. misquoting python is an egregious error because of how quoted it is. the idea of watching a movie with somebody yammering the lines a half second behind the movie, mistiming/misquoting it, and then stumbling over their words while they try to catch up makes me violent.

at this point i don't think i would find the stuff actually funny, but perhaps entertaining.