PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin trip report

Jersey Nick
09-22-2005, 10:44 AM
I had originally planned to play at the Wynn, but couldn't get there because of the car v. pedestrian accident that closed LV Blvd at Flamingo. Traffic was completely snarled, but I was able to pull right into the Aladdin garage. Fate had spoken.

In my very small weekday sampling I would say that the dealers at the Aladdin are a bit speedier than those at MGM. The folks I played with were very pleasant and there was a good deal of joking around.

I got to the room a little after 6:00 with plans to play until 9:00 before getting my redeye back to Jersey. There were only 2 games running: 1-2 NL and 3-6 Limit. I sat down in the 3-6 and had some good starting hands but couldn't connect with the board. The table shrunk to 3 players and immediately filled back up. The players were mostly loose/passive with the exception of an internet player sat down to my immediate right. He talked a TAG game but he seemed like he was LAGging it up for fun.

A few noteable hands: I pick up K10 in the big blind. It turns into a family pot raised once. Flop comes K82 rainbow. I bet out and get several callers. The turn is a Q. I bet out again and everyone folds except for one older gentleman. The river is a 4, I bet and he raises! He hadn't made any raises in the many pots he played. I'm thinking he's made a set or two pair with Queens. I call and he's holding rags.

After getting missed by the deck for 2 orbits I pick up "the hammer" in the BB and check it with 5 players to the flop. Flop comes K7J and I bet out my bottom pair. 2 fold and 2 call. Turn is a blank. I bet, one call, one fold. River is another blank and I bet. Guy calls me with King high, my hammer is good and I feel shame.

Board is 88884, SB is holding 44 and MP is holding AKs. The table jokes with the 4s, "hey, at least you made quads".

I finish my 2 1-2 hours up 8 BB and head off for McCarran.

Thanks for the fun LV.

MisterKing
09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
"The Hammer" is a thing of beauty. Well played.