PDA

View Full Version : HU NL matches

pfkaok
09-22-2005, 09:45 AM
do any players make serious money just doing this? i know some people on here play them quite a bit, but does anyone play them exclusively, or at least as their main game?

i've been playing a bunch of MTTs lately, and have barely been playing any LHE lately, which has been my main game for about the last year almost exclusively. i feel my MTT game is really starting to come aound, and i love playing them, but for a steadier source of income i've started playing single table Sit and goes, which are fun too i think.

since party was down, i played a bunch of 50, and $100 dolar HU matches at stars. this is the first time i've played any HU NL, except for at the end of tournies and Sit & goes. i'm sure i was getting more than my share of luck, but i felt like i had pretty good control over most matches.

i know that i wouldn't play them fulltime, but what % of matches can you really expect to win if you're a good(not great) player against an average to below average player? and also, at the higher levels, what % would a world class player win against a merely decent player?

also, if anyone does play these, do you ever just register first, or do you wait for certain "buddies" to be at the table first? at the ones i was playing mostly i just sat down, b/c usually the tables were empty, and it seemed okay since a few people played me twice after i won the first match by being a "lucky fish".