PDA

View Full Version : I am a call station

Yerma
09-22-2005, 01:21 AM
We are 8-handed. One fold and I call with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. MP calls. MP2 raises, all fold to BB who calls. I call and MP calls.

Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to MP who bets. MP2 calls. BB folds. I call.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I check. MP bets. MP2 folds. I call.

River is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check-call.

What do you think?

newhizzle
09-22-2005, 01:23 AM
raise PF, bet flop, bet turn, bet river

edit: the way you played PF, c/r flop

thesharpie
09-22-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF, the way you played PF, c/r flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

A_C_Slater
09-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I assumed you checked the flop hoping MP2 would bet so you could raise after a likely BB fold?

But MP ruins that by donk bettting the preflop raiser. So now your raise won't knock out MP and you don't have enough to raise for value and there are many dangerous turn cards for you.

I like the way he played it after his intial intent was ruined by MP's unexpected donk bet.

newhizzle
09-22-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I assumed you checked the flop hoping MP2 would bet so you could raise after a likely BB fold?

But MP ruins that by donk bettting the preflop raiser. So now your raise won't knock out MP and you don't have enough to raise for value and there are many dangerous turn cards for you.

I like the way he played it after his intial intent was ruined by MP's unexpected donk bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

so why not do anything on turn or river?
can we expect MP1 to bet this for us every time?

A_C_Slater
09-22-2005, 01:53 AM
I guess donkbetting the turn/fold to a raise wouldn't be bad either.

Yerma
09-23-2005, 01:48 AM
He showed 55.

otis_nixon
09-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Basicly raise pf, because you have a huge hand. Bet the whole way until shown resistence

mtdoak
09-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Raise preflop. 99 is the prime example of hands you want to play against a small field. Bet, 3-bet the flop for value and lead out the turn. Your missing valuable bets here with an overpair. Go nuts.