PDA

View Full Version : Heads up AA paired board

thesharpie
09-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Crypto 2/4

Villain is SLPP and possibly weak tight with a 21% wtsd after 30 hands. I was going to raise the river if he bet. He limped KQo UTG, led into the preflop raiser with TPGK and called down after getting raised.

Anyone prefer a turn raise since alot of draws are out there, although I don't think he's betting a draw. The thing is I sometimes raise the turn with AK here and I might get 1 more bet out of his timid pair.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB.

Azhrarn
09-22-2005, 02:49 AM
It all depends on whether you think he'll fold a crappy two pair to a turn raise. If he'll call down, it's best to raise the turn, because he might not bet the river. But if he'll probably fold, waiting for the river is best. Also, if there's a decent chance he's betting a draw, you should raise the turn.

Bodhi
09-22-2005, 03:52 AM
I think raising the turn is ok, but it might cause him to fold on the spot. Getting value out of weak opponents who don't have much is an art, and you may have got the maximum here.