PDA

View Full Version : slow play or poor play........YOU MAKE THE CALL

Tyler Durden
05-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Same game as my other post.

I have 44 on the button. Three limpers to me and I limp. Unraised pot, 5 players.

Flop is 4-3-3, two-tone. Not too shabby. The first three check, the guy two to my right bets, I'm next to act. I call. The other three all fold.

Turn is an offsuit 5. He bets, I raise, he calls.

River is an offsuit King. He checks and calls.

My question is, should I have raised the flop? Or was just calling it the better play? thanks much.

ElSapo
05-09-2003, 02:06 PM
I just call here, and try and keep one or two other players in for the ride. As it played out, they folded, nothing you can do about that. And this way you raise the more expensive street...I think you played it fine.

Barry
05-09-2003, 02:24 PM
You played it fine, its just too bad that you didn't get any overcallers or the first bet didn't come from your left.

Nice Hand

Nottom
05-09-2003, 04:08 PM
You played fine, a raise here will just scare away the other 2 that you hope will stay, plus you probably got an extra SB from the player that stayed since he might have just gone into check-call mode if you raised the flop.

Bob T.
05-09-2003, 05:02 PM
The pot is tiny, you have a full house bigger than the board pair, and noone in early position bet after the flop, so it is unlikely that they have overpairs so they might not even be drawing live against your hand. You want to invite them in. Anyone that overcalls, is probably donating almost 100% of their bets to the pot. I think that this is an excellent time to slowplay.