PDA

View Full Version : Am I a PRO?

09-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Hello,

I have currently been playing poker for 10 years and have been very sucessfull over the years. I am sponsored by pokersponsor.net so they take care of my bankroll and over the years I have brought in over $600,000 in profits in my carreer including losses. I pay taxes on my income and have placed in 7 major online poker events. So am I a professional? Am i free to call my self one? Please let me here what you think being professional poker player consists of..

Justin A
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The moderator has already been notified about this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang I lose.

dogmeat
09-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Too tough a question for you?

Sorry, I don't know either, can't help you.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

PokerProdigy
09-21-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I have currently been playing poker for 10 years and have been very sucessfull over the years. I am sponsored by pokersponsor.net so they take care of my bankroll and over the years I have brought in over $600,000 in profits in my carreer including losses. I pay taxes on my income and have placed in 7 major online poker events. So am I a professional? Am i free to call my self one? Please let me here what you think being professional poker player consists of..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are definitely NOT a professional. In order to be a professional you have to be on TV a lot in big tourneys and everyone has to know your name. Otherwise, you're an amatuer.

Ok, on a serious note, YES YOU ARE DEFINITELY A PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif So go out, celebrate, dance, enjoy it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jman220
09-21-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I a PRO?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Pros don't need to make money by spamming internet messageboards with pokersucksysponsorforfish.net.

09-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Do you have a lot of relatives in Nigeria? Banking or oil interests there? hmmmmmmm? Just curious.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SoftcoreRevolt
09-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Wait, what is this site you speak of, forget your question I am interested in this amazing service you speak of, I cannot believe there are places out there that will sponsor such awful players!

ThaHero
09-22-2005, 01:21 AM
If you have to ask, then you aren't.

MyTurn2Raise
09-22-2005, 02:34 AM
ok...this thread sucks...clear excuse to hijack

So, I have been making my living playing poker for well over a year now. Yet, I do not consider myself a pro. A professional seems like an earned term. It's for doctors, lawyers, accountants, and major/big-time athletes. It's a sign that you put in the time and effort and became one of the best. I do not think I'm a pro just because I can beat up the 10/20 at the local brick and mortar and the 2/4 online.

Maybe, I will consider myself a pro after 5+ years and moving up in limits.

Your thoughts?

tonypaladino
09-22-2005, 02:57 AM
wow, I'm a retard.

I actually couldn't see why it was spam, until I read it 3 times.

I thought it was just a moran.

young nut
09-22-2005, 06:50 AM
clearly you are not a pro unless you wear sunglasses while you do all of this...do you see why?

09-22-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, I have been making my living playing poker for well over a year now. Yet, I do not consider myself a pro. A professional seems like an earned term. It's for doctors, lawyers, accountants, and major/big-time athletes. It's a sign that you put in the time and effort and became one of the best. I do not think I'm a pro just because I can beat up the 10/20 at the local brick and mortar and the 2/4 online.

Maybe, I will consider myself a pro after 5+ years and moving up in limits.

Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

pro·fes·sion·al

adj.

1. Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.
2. Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.
3. Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career: a professional writer.
4. Performed by persons receiving pay: professional football.
5. Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job.

I think #3 would describe you. So, yes.

sholvar
09-22-2005, 12:37 PM
stupid question. You are a pro in that moment, you pay your food and your home every month with pokermoney... if you do, you are pro... doesnt matter what tourneys you played or not...
There is a difference to a promi! ^^

09-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Youre not a pro till you have the certificate. You can receive this certificate by sending $5,000 in small bills to my home address. I thought everyone knew this...

MDoranD