PDA

View Full Version : D'Agonstino running away with the Borgata WPT title

DHamilton97
09-21-2005, 10:24 PM
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/event.php?id=2193&screen=logs&type=2 ... Has almost 2 million in chips, 2nd place has 1 million. He was 3rd in chips coming into the day and seems to have just dominated all day long. Go dags! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Watching him on TV a few times and seeing him on full tilt, just seems like an all around great guy.

TheJunkyardGod
09-21-2005, 10:31 PM
I can't wait for another meltdown like at last years USPC.

Evelyn Ng and Kathy Leibert are still in it as well, I hope they make it to the final table as well.

Allinlife
09-21-2005, 10:35 PM
me and my friend still imitate how he pushed chips towards Hoyt that day whenever someone outdraws, funny as hell.

Sponger15SB
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
me and my friend still imitate how he pushed chips towards Hoyt that day whenever someone outdraws, funny as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I thought it was awesome. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in his situation.

DHamilton97
09-21-2005, 11:02 PM
I think he handled himself good, cuz if that were me I was screaming at the TV to fukin strangle Hoyt or at least attempt to scream at him for that horrible play. Imagine if that were Matusow or Hellmuth instead of dags lol, Matusow woulda been back in jail for a parole violation for assault.

09-21-2005, 11:10 PM
well loks like this is the end of evelyn's run
currently in last place 100,000 in chips

09-22-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well loks like this is the end of evelyn's run
currently in last place 100,000 in chips

[/ QUOTE ]

She's up to 385K, just doubled up, damn I hope she makes the final 6.

09-22-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/event.php?id=2193&screen=logs&type=2 ... Has almost 2 million in chips, 2nd place has 1 million. He was 3rd in chips coming into the day and seems to have just dominated all day long. Go dags! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Watching him on TV a few times and seeing him on full tilt, just seems like an all around great guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

12 left, Dags has 3.4 mil, second place has 1.17 mil, he's been knocking everyone out. Action Bob hangin in there in 9th, 420,000. Come on Bob!!!!

amulet
09-22-2005, 01:03 AM
pokerwire.com gives much better coverage of wtp and wsop events then card player or pokerpages.com

the updates are more often, more thorough, and faster.

sketchy1
09-22-2005, 01:42 AM
That was probably the worst play I've ever seen on TV. I can't remember the exact stacks but I do remember they both had PLENTY of chips in front of them. Hoyt pushed to increase his stack by what, 10% at most? Christ, that was so stupid. I think it was actually a great call by Dags. Granted, it's obvious Hoyt is on a steal, considering his extremely eratic play, but it's still not very easy to call all your chips off there when you could easily fold and wait for something more than tens. I'm sure he thought he was something like 2-1 or maybe even money, and to see he was against two unders must have just made him incredibly happy... until they ran the cards out.

I've yet to figure out how he "melted down." The only bad call he made all day was calling with tens against that guy who moved in over the top of a bet and his call. I mean, it didn't cost him a huge chunk of his stack, but I really don't think he needed to call that. Eliminating a player has a premium there, but he hadn't invested a ton of money in the pot. Again, I can't remember the numbers, but from what I remember, he could have folded there and saved a chunk of his stack for later.

amulet
09-22-2005, 01:45 AM
she had 480,000 but just got taken out by one of the top pros.

09-22-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she had 480,000 but just got taken out by one of the top pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok re raising with A9offsuit and then immediately calling yourself all in wiht A9offsuit is not going to make you get to the final table. Who knows what the stack sizes were and in what context the play was. but re raising with A9offsuit and then calling immediately all-in with A9offsuit is not the way to go. good god almighty. I guess she will never make it to the final 6.

TaoTe
09-22-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12 left, Dags has 3.4 mil, second place has 1.17 mil, he's been knocking everyone out. Action Bob hangin in there in 9th, 420,000. Come on Bob!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He just doubled through dags.1
(leader)John D'Agostino
$ 2,800,000

(in fourth)Robert 'Action Bob' Hwang
$ 1,180,000

09-22-2005, 01:52 AM
pokerwire says she called immediately..cardplayer says she thought about it. So I guess I give her some credit cuz' maybe she was priced in. But she certainly did not have to play that hand...she probably had like 500k?

amulet
09-22-2005, 02:17 AM
5 at that table. she had $460,000. blinds 15,000/30,000 with a 2000 ante, costing 55,000 a round. singer is an aggressive pro......
5 handed with it costing this much a round......
and it was a coin flip, which is what she probably expected.

but i want singer to win this.

Barry
09-22-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i want singer to win this

[/ QUOTE ]

Another reason that I don't like you. All 2+2'ers should want ActionBob to win. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

amulet
09-22-2005, 02:23 AM
lol, he can finish second. i know singer well.

you say another reason you don't like me, since we have never met, could you provide me a list :-).

Barry
09-22-2005, 02:24 AM
All of your weak tight poker advice...

amulet
09-22-2005, 02:31 AM
there is a difference between a disagreement over poker advice, and not liking me. can't you do better then not liking my posts? interesting that people who have never met you, can say they do not like you, maybe you need a fuller life?

Barry
09-22-2005, 02:55 AM
D'Agostino has lost the chip lead

Lottery Larry
09-22-2005, 04:48 PM
That's what he seems to do in televised tournaments

Besides, he's probably in fear of Action Bob!

Cancuk
09-22-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he handled himself good, cuz if that were me I was screaming at the TV to fukin strangle Hoyt or at least attempt to scream at him for that horrible play. Imagine if that were Matusow or Hellmuth instead of dags lol, Matusow woulda been back in jail for a parole violation for assault.

[/ QUOTE ]

good at english

Greg (FossilMan)
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But she certainly did not have to play that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is quite likely you weren't being overly self-critical when you wrote this, but this statement shows a significantly weak-tight attitude if you fully meant it.

There is no hand that you HAVE to play. You can always fold and quietly move up the ladder. Of course, if you're not already deep, you'll be folding your way to a series of all-ins with random cards well short of the money. But even if you play with more risk, build up a stack, and then start thinking like this, you're making a mistake.

The question isn't whether you had to play the hand. The question is whether you correctly judged it to be +EV to play the hand. I have no idea if her decision was a good one or not, given the information available to her at the time she made the decision. It might have been a clear fold to me had I been in her seat, but it might be she played it perfectly, and he had one of the hands that was destined to bust her.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

jetsg4
09-22-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Matusow woulda been back in jail for a parole violation for assault.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe u mean battery

tyler_cracker
09-23-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Matusow woulda been back in jail for a parole violation for assault.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe u mean battery

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you mean "you".

09-23-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But she certainly did not have to play that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is quite likely you weren't being overly self-critical when you wrote this, but this statement shows a significantly weak-tight attitude if you fully meant it.

There is no hand that you HAVE to play. You can always fold and quietly move up the ladder. Of course, if you're not already deep, you'll be folding your way to a series of all-ins with random cards well short of the money. But even if you play with more risk, build up a stack, and then start thinking like this, you're making a mistake.

The question isn't whether you had to play the hand. The question is whether you correctly judged it to be +EV to play the hand. I have no idea if her decision was a good one or not, given the information available to her at the time she made the decision. It might have been a clear fold to me had I been in her seat, but it might be she played it perfectly, and he had one of the hands that was destined to bust her.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input Greg.
Well it was ok for her to play the hand, and stay aggressive when it got 5 handed, but it seems she (and many other pros) lack foresight in certains hands. Was she thinking if I re raise here 1) what do i do if he re raises? 2) How much do I need to re raise if I want him to fold? 3) If I'm going to call myself all in anyways, why don't I just go all-in instead of re raising. Or how 'bout using your stop and go play.

do you play hands by ear? or adjusting your play according to your opponents' plans.