PDA

View Full Version : Apple core, worms galore, a can of some corrosive

Huh
05-09-2003, 01:05 PM
A hand from a couple of weeks ago that I'm still curious about.

3-6 like game with 2/3 blind structure.

I have JJo in the small blind. A somewhat sane player open-raises, second to act. It's folded to me, and I three-bet to get it heads up. We see the flop heads-up for 1.5 bb a piece and it is.

A72....

I figure, hey...He might put me on AK, might as well take a shot, and bet....He calls... (I would have folded to any heat)

Turn is 9(putting a two flush up). I feel like I'm ahead, but I can't put an early raiser on a hand that I beat. I want to bet to protect my hand from over-cards, but I think I am protecting a dead hand. I check, he checks.

River is a 6.
If I was ahead, I still am....I don't see what he could have that doesn't have me beat, that he could call a bet with(maybe TT?), and maybe I can get him to bet a worse hand, hmmm, but maybe if I bet he will fold QQ or KK...Hmmmm probably not after the turn check.

I check, he checks, my hand is good, and I think he must have had TT, but I'll never know.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Tyler Durden
05-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Pretty straightforward and well played. I might bet the turn though, depending on who the opponent is. I might be the river too, depending on who the opponent is.

Bob T.
05-09-2003, 04:30 PM
I agree with Tyler Durden here, it depends on who they are, and who they think I am at the time. But the way you played it is not unreasonable.

Huh
05-09-2003, 05:06 PM
When I checked the turn, if he bet, I was probably going to fold. Once the turn checked through, I would most likely call a bet on the river. Not sure though.

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Bob T.
05-09-2003, 05:28 PM
I hate to say it, but this one is so player dependent. Given that your opponent checked behind you on the turn, and you won the hand, I think that the plan probably is good for this player in this situation. Another player might bet on the turn regardless of what he held, if you checked to him, so you would need to call him down either way.

I wish that I could be of more help here, but this situation is one where you have to know your opponent in order to play well. Against an unknown opponent, I think that my default would be to bet/fold to a raise on the turn, and if I got called on the turn, then check call the river. After that, I might know something more about him.