PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush tied to Enron too

01-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Where are all you liberal hating nutcakes? Could it be you are hypocritical crooks? The administration appears to be. Restore honor to the Whitehouse, My ass. Checkout the article on the NY Times site for Jeb Bush crap.

01-26-2002, 10:21 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/27/business/27JEB.html. This is the link.

01-27-2002, 01:43 AM
Cheney looks like a crook. He's hiding extensive information. The Bush Whitehouse believes that it can ride war fever to victory over the Constitution. Perhaps they can. The sad truth is that this society was tranformed into an intelligence and military dictatorship last year in the election.

01-27-2002, 03:12 PM
Personally I don't care much if this or any other administration is a bit crooked or not. I don't think that's what is most important.

Priorities are the economy, dealing with foreign aggression and dangers, preserving our civil liberties and protecting the environment. I also don't care how many blowjobs Bill Clinton got or by whom and I don't think anyone else should either (except for Hillary).

Many leaders through the ages have been somewhat corrupt and have often been philanderers. Trying to hold our leaders to semi-superman standards of ethics is perhaps setting the moral bar a bit too high.

Those who think that the ethics of our leaders are what is most important should perhaps look at things in a broader sense and observe history throughout the ages. If we get an effective and basically good leader we are lucky. I'd rather have a slightly crooked or imperfect leader (or White House) who can get the job done rather than a model of moral perfection who can't handle the job. We are living in the real world, and the real world isn't all Pollyanna-especially when it comes to dealing with regimes far more corrupt than our own.

01-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Good to see that you endorse official corruption and theft. What a true blue American you are!

01-27-2002, 07:25 PM
If the administration is involved in a criminal conspiracy it isn't the fact that they're dishonest that troubles me it's the fact that they are stupid enough to lose control of the situation to the point that they get caught. This is unacceptable.

Practically everyone in NY knew that Al D'amato was a crook, to some extent, but the feeling was, "Yeah, but he's our crook." He was smart, he was shifty and he did great for NY.

No one minds a despicable, low-life, ruthless lawyer when that lawyer is working for them. It's only when the other guy has such a lawyer that we cry, "Foul!"

So, having a government that's corrupt in dealing with our enemies is one thing, when they're corrupt dealing with us, it's a problem.

01-27-2002, 08:44 PM
I don't endorse it; I just think there are more important things to be concerned about than a bit of corruption amongst our elected officials.

01-27-2002, 08:55 PM
nm

01-27-2002, 08:59 PM
nm

01-27-2002, 09:05 PM

01-27-2002, 09:37 PM
No, politicians can flip on an issue or something for all kinds of reasons. Character and ethics are the major factor to consider when voting for a guy. Conservatives like me criticized Clinton for his dishonesty properly. Bush should not escape scrutiny by those of us who value honesty in public officials. I don't think Bush is corrupt, even though many are hoping the Enron scandal will show that he is. I could be wrong however. I don't think much will come of this scandal.

If Bush's policies were affected because of improper influence, he should be criticized.

But I would also ask Bush detractors to read that New York Times article carefully. The NYT is a biased, liberal paper that is trying to find something bad to say about Bush. How much is this biased paper coming up with ? Not much. If given the chance, they will do a hatchet job on Bush. Have no fear.

01-27-2002, 09:46 PM