PDA

View Full Version : Greensteins tournament winnings

09-21-2005, 09:02 PM
if this has been asked before sorry, but what would barry do if he won the main event? would he give the full seven million to charity like he does with his tournament winnings, or would he keep some of it?

SoftcoreRevolt
09-21-2005, 09:10 PM
I imagine he'd give it all to charity, it's slightly less insignificant to him than say, the million dollar prize pools, but the man makes his real money in the big game, his bankroll for just that game is likely as big as next year's ME prize will be.

TomHimself
09-21-2005, 09:56 PM
theres a exact same retarded post in MTT

otnemem
09-22-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if this has been asked before sorry, but what would barry do if he won the main event? would he give the full seven million to charity like he does with his tournament winnings, or would he keep some of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking for a definitive answer? I suppose you'd have to ask Barry Greenstein, not a bunch of speculation-hungry gossip queens on a poker message board.

pokeraz
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
theres a exact same retarded post in MTT

[/ QUOTE ]

With that sentence you are pointing out a retarded post?

Solovon
09-22-2005, 11:30 PM
I don't think Barry really needs the money, that's why he gives it away.

A_Junglen
09-22-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING

Nick B.
09-22-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow good post. I like how in his book he said how he donated $1000 to a charity when he was 7 figures in debt!!!! But your post makes sense. How he only donates cause he doesn't need the money.

mannerbot
09-23-2005, 12:05 AM
I rather liked that anecdote. Don't have the book with me but the conversation with the Children, Inc. representative was something like:
"Wow, you must be really rich to donate this much money."
"Not really, I'm actually a negative millionaire but giving a thousand dollars away has no bearing on my financial situation."