PDA

View Full Version : So what was my plan? Obviously i didnt have one

whynot?
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
playing in my first wpt event a 1k buy in - about two hours in with blinds at 50/100. hadnt been getting any cards with my stack size at 3k with average at about 6k. I'm BB and get AQ off. the button was the big stack raising early and often. Folds to the button and he raises to 450. I corresponding raise to 1000. flop comes 886 rainbow. i bet 700 - he calls. Flop comes another 8 - my turn to act. so heres where a plan would of helped even if it was as simple as barring any unforeseen flop im willing to go broke on this hand. in any case i check - the maniac puts in 1400 in putting makine me all in if i call. I fold. i folded really believing i had the best hand but too chicken to put my tourney life on the line for that belief.

Previously i had always read the posts about a plan and said yea right. but this hand to me is a perfect example of needing a plan. im not proud of my play here or in the toruhey - in fact i played not too lose instead of to win which will guarantee failure. Having said that think if i had just thought through what im doing withthis hand, am i willing to go broke with it, etc it would of dictated my betting with each card. if i wasnt willing to go broke i should of called the original bet - if i was willing to go broke i should of been more agressive post flop like all in immediately. In any case this was a valuable but expensive lesson

(alas i came back from this to get to average stack but lost to an overpair to mypair of 9s