PDA

View Full Version : HoytCorkins4's phone number

Apathy
09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
I think EVERYONE on this forum should call him up and ask him to float them 350 until tommorow.

From this chat:
(NOTE : I am NOT jokoboko, I came second)

Dealer: Congratulations,jokoboko! You won $1000.
HoytCorkins4: joko wats up
jokoboko: winning
HoytCorkins4: thats a good thing
HoytCorkins4: do you remember me?
jokoboko: yeah, bin a bad day
jokoboko: not shure
HoytCorkins4: weve played a few times before
HoytCorkins4: i play like 30 of these a day
HoytCorkins4: im sure youve seen me around
Dealer: This tournament has finished, congratulations to the winners.
jokoboko: could be
HoytCorkins4: yeah
HoytCorkins4: anyway joko
jokoboko: looks familiar
HoytCorkins4: i came to ask you for a big favor if you can bro
jokoboko: oh
HoytCorkins4: can you float me 350 until tommarow evening bud
HoytCorkins4: reason being i do western union and my cash wont be in until tommarow
HoytCorkins4: i mean if you can i will pay you back with interest bro
HoytCorkins4: 425 back tommarow
HoytCorkins4: you there
jokoboko: sorry, but i cant do that
HoytCorkins4: joko
HoytCorkins4: im top on leaderboard bro
HoytCorkins4: im not going to stiff you for a few hundred bucks
jokoboko: never done it, so i dont any expirience with it, sorry
HoytCorkins4: honestly bro
HoytCorkins4: im not going to stiff you for a few hundred bucks
jokoboko: gotto go, l8er dude
HoytCorkins4: heres my number
HoytCorkins4: 248 890 9023
HoytCorkins4: hit me up

Lloyd
09-21-2005, 07:46 PM
This is obviously not THE Hoyt Corkins and I believe there was a thread somewhere (maybe Internet) that talked about how this guy was scamming people.

Newt_Buggs
09-21-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously not THE Hoyt Corkins and I believe there was a thread somewhere (maybe Internet) that talked about how this guy was scamming people.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, we know this

have you called him yet apathy?

He's really starting to annoy me. Its funny though, he's flipped out at me a couple of times. He'll be pulling a fish in who's actually taking him half serious and I'll tell hoyt to go away and quit scamming etc. Try it sometime and watch him cuss you out and ask you who the [censored] you think you are.

Lloyd
09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, I know this

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Since there are new people to the forum all the time and we wouldn't want them to think that Hoyt is hard up for cash and hitting up people online.

Apathy
09-21-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO but I am going to as soon as I stop playing and figure out exactly what I should say.

Maybe I will pretend to be the "sucker" in the post above and use the Jman type script, could be really funny. Anyway I can record this?

Newt_Buggs
09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah, I was trying to think of what would be good to say too

SlackerMcFly
09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Apathy - When you get him on the phone, be sure to tell him that 200 people are going to come stab him in the foot with an ice-cream cone...

Ogre
09-21-2005, 09:03 PM
i seriously want to call him and ask how many party poker fools he has duped. I think it would be really interesting to know how much money hes mad of that rediculous scam.

Apathy
09-21-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i seriously want to call him and ask how many party poker fools he has duped. I think it would be really interesting to know how much money hes mad of that rediculous scam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet when people transfer him the money he loses it playing online poker /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-21-2005, 11:09 PM
internet railbirds

... say Hoyt would you go get me a cybercoffee and a technopastry?

citanul
09-21-2005, 11:35 PM
i no longer see chat from hoytcorkins4.

i have begun a practice of getting the scammers to click on a seat at a table, then i can hit the disable chat feature on them even if they're not sitting with cash.

this plan rules.

citanul

09-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Do you guys really think this is his actual phone number???

I think its some phone sex line.

09-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Whoa, that's my home area code...that guy must live near me, that or he's bsing.

Ogre
09-22-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving out a fake would be pointless unless he thought it would give the people confidence in him without them actually calling it. I think its real or it would be stupid to add a fake number to the scam.

edit: why hasn't party banned this fool?

ewing55
09-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Link another 2+2 post: another scam with the same phone number (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2974783&page=62&view= collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Jman28
09-22-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO but I am going to as soon as I stop playing and figure out exactly what I should say.

Maybe I will pretend to be the "sucker" in the post above and use the Jman type script, could be really funny. Anyway I can record this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, if I could record the call, that would be so hot. I think that might be illegal or something.

Let us know what you do.

Weatherhead03
09-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Results?

se2schul
09-22-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, that's my home area code...that guy must live near me, that or he's bsing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried a reverse phone lookup, and this is what I got:
The phone number "(248) 890-9023" is a Royal Oak, MI based phone number and the registered carrier is At&t Wireless Services, Inc. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier.

I don't think the reverse phone lookup thing works as well for cell phones as land lines...

Roland32
09-22-2005, 11:25 AM
AHH I live in Royal Oak but I assure you its not me

Xhad
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Giving out a fake would be pointless unless he thought it would give the people confidence in him without them actually calling it. I think its real or it would be stupid to add a fake number to the scam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work for a major bank, and we encountered phishing scams claiming to be from other banks but using my employer's 800 number all the time. Of course we don't really have any idea how successful they were since people getting hit by it would usually end up contacting their own bank afterward..

Indiana
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
There are lots of scams like this on pokerstars. I've been at a table where a guy approaches and offers to sell 1000 tourney dollars for 600 bucks. Obviously for SNG players this is a great deal. I responded to him and agreed to the deal but said it would have to go through support. He then refused and claimed that would be too much trouble. That's when I realized what he was up to. I mean support could do it easily and he'd be getting $600 so why not just be a little patient?

Another guy named James Prendergrast from Mississippi on recpoker.com claimed he was starting a poker room: lagunapoker.com. He even had a nice website and stuff. He was looking for investors so I chatted with him on the phone. Just some guy looking for a score. The website shortly thereafter was taken down.

Dont fall for this stuff,

Indy

Indiana
09-22-2005, 11:35 AM
By the way, I really hate these scammers as they make it hard for me to do deals online. I like to do sidebets to see who will win a SNG and I like to play the oddsmaker, getting people to transfer me $ to my account and then distributing the funds after its over. I've done this with big online names like teecoy and S 18 so I have a good reputation. Thing is, most people don't know me so they won't trust me and make any deals. I would never, ever, dishonor a bet and hurt my reputation but how could they know this?

Indy

cow_phunk
09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone ip-relay this guy yet?

ChuckyB
09-23-2005, 11:43 PM
For what it's worth, 411.com says:

We're sorry. We did not find a listing for the phone number you entered.
The phone number "(248) 890-9023" is a Royal Oak, MI based phone number and the registered carrier is At&t Wireless Services, Inc. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier.

09-24-2005, 02:00 AM
FWIW, in most states it is legal to record a telephoone converstation without informing the other party, as long as you are a party to the call. What state are you in?

wickss
09-24-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Prophecy - hoytcorkins4
Win Percentage - 0%
Games Played - 11
Wins - 0
Losses - 11
Average buyin - 65.91
Better - 608721
Worse - 102281

Apathy
09-24-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Prophecy - hoytcorkins4
Win Percentage - 0%
Games Played - 11
Wins - 0
Losses - 11
Average buyin - 65.91
Better - 608721
Worse - 102281

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNEW he gambled away all the money he scammed.

Man I love poker.

Nick B.
09-24-2005, 02:49 AM
He is now HoyCorkins5.

Ogre
09-24-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is now HoyCorkins5.

[/ QUOTE ]\

what did the old one change his name to?

Apathy
09-24-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is now HoyCorkins5.

[/ QUOTE ]\

what did the old one change his name to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the real one? The real one is HoytCorkins5 (note the t in Hoyt) he did not change his name.