PDA

View Full Version : Is it strange for a grown man, age 32 to use ecstacy?

09-21-2005, 06:46 PM
So my boyfriend and his friends use ecstacy on a pretty regular basis. Now, he is no loser: he works hard at an extremely stressful job, takes his hobbies seriously, works out, eats well, and generally cares. Furthermore, he has no previous history of drug abuse, mental illness, or any other strange, damaging behavior. As for me, I consider what he does in his free time none of my business (as long as no one gets hurt). I mean, boys will be boys and I understand the necessity of that much anticipated weekly "night out".

On Sundays, he goes to a club where his best friend spins records. Once a month or so, they do ecstacy...stay up all night contently watching the alteration of shaddows and light, get massages from strange but beautiful women, and possibly waive their arms in a slow floating ecstacy induced pattern. Harmless (aside from the obvious dangers he swears are avoided by the right combination of hydration, vitamins, minerals and eventual sleep), right?

I am no prude, having tried everything once or twice. I smoke pot whenever I get a free moment away from my demanding daily grind. I even humored him once by sticking an E tablet up my anus. We sat at his house and talked. And talked. And talked. It was amusing at best. I woke up the next night feeling like the entire endless circle of conversation was just a web of promises already broken by the depletion of E pulsating through our bodies.

But hey, if thats what rocks his world.

Now, I am a 26 year old professional woman who smokes pot and giggles like a girl of 17 after dissecting a simple chore while mumbling in grand stoner tone ..."Whaaat?" So who am I to judge a man who takes a little E in order to unwind? Do I just "not get it" as he "doesn't get" my pot habbit? Or are we both experiencing the frightful late 20's/early 30's crisis when one struggles against the unfortunate natural progression toward adulthood? When IS it time to shed the illusions of teenage freedom and step up to the plate? MUST WE REALLY TRADE OUR BONGS AND GLOW-STICKS FOR MARTINIS AND GOLF CLUBS???

touchfaith
09-21-2005, 06:50 PM
This is just getting too easy...

Pass

KJS
09-21-2005, 06:51 PM
It doesn't seem that either of you have issues with it, so who cares? Quit when you feel like it. Until then, party on.

KJS

bravos1
09-21-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I even humored him once by sticking an E tablet up my anus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here... my kinda gal! End thread.

mmbt0ne
09-21-2005, 07:00 PM
www.quarterlifecrisis.com (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com)

We don't want your kind around these parts.

rohjoh
09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I am calling BS.

No girl post about sticking stuff in her anus on her first post. Maybe on her second, but not her first. The other give away was how she likes to smoke pot and does not mind her boyfriend getting messages from hot girls while high on ecstacy. At least make it believable.

bosoxfan
09-21-2005, 07:08 PM
It's ok if the grown man is doing it with his kids and filming it for HBO.

Blarg
09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
I can see a femme using pooper, but anus does strike me as funny. I don't think I've ever heard a woman use the word, but guys tend to get the male equivalent of giggles over words like that. I dunno, I have my suspicions too.

If it's not a joke account, why worry if you are both getting along okay?

It sounds first of all like you are doing the female thing of taking random things out of life and turning them into symbols, and then turning those symbols against someone, so this does sound like it could be femme-written. You're taking this e-use, and your dope use too, as symbols instead of just what they are, and trying to attach some kind of grand or cosmic meaning to it. Very chick.

Resist the urge to dramatize your life and make random or meaningless things into dramatic ups and downs or revelations. They're not. The world is not all a stage and you're not the heroine of the story. You're just going to have to schlep through it like everyone else and maybe not get any Pulitzers at the end.

If there's a dissatisfaction or feeling of emptiness in your life that makes you want to dramatize it, you're probably too boring and indifferent, so find something meaningful and interesting to occupy your time, mind, and soul -- or even anus -- with. If you want a more interesting life, become a more interesting person. Don't try to fill voids with conflicts, moods, wishes, and attitudes -- actually go do stuff. If you want to be the star, live by doing more than just existing.

I see so many couples creating melodrama just so they can enjoy the make-up after, or feel like there is all kinds of drama in their existence, when really they are doing very little to inhabit their own lives, as if they were absentee landlords of their own bodies. Like clowns, they have no real confidence to try anything hard or even just new in life, so they just waste their energy by stupidly clubbing each other about the head with it.

Do you want a certificate or something to say you've reached adulthood? A visit from Mickey Mouse or a congratulatory handshake from Ed McMahon?

Just live your life.

09-21-2005, 07:40 PM
E is the [censored], and its never too late to keep partying as long as its not interfering with other parts of your life.

Then again, if it was really not interfering then would you really post it here? Denial is a powerful thing....

BradleyT
09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I hope this doesn't mean I have to become a "grown man" by next year when I turn 32.

cold_cash
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Can I see your boobs?

RunDownHouse
09-21-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No girl post about sticking stuff in her anus on her first post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not? Plenty of them let you stick your wang in their anus on a first date.

gorie
09-21-2005, 09:09 PM
SIIHA

09-21-2005, 09:11 PM
3/10

2+2 wannabe
09-21-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am calling BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

cdxx
09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am calling BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES AS THE ONLY PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY!

pretty sure she didn't take a picture of her anus with the tablet in it.

Pirc Defense
09-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Wait. You did what with the who now?

tonypaladino
09-22-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I see your boobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jdanz
09-22-2005, 02:16 AM
nh

Brock Landers
09-22-2005, 01:12 PM
My dad told me a long time ago that women are all squirrels. This is a typical example. They need to keep themselves busy worrying about things even if they don't have anything worth worrying about.

The original poster needs to chill the fcuk out.

STLantny
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Woah, wait. You can get high off of sticking E up your butt?

Brock Landers
09-22-2005, 01:24 PM
You actually can. I read somewhere that by "plugging" it, you actually get more of the MDMA into your system than by just swallowing it. Up your butt, your intestines absorb it more directly into the bloodstream without your stomach acid , etc. neutralizing the drug.

maybe the original poster would be less uptight if she let her boyfriend put things other than his E pills in her pooper?

M2d
09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
if this is not a joke post, yssckh
if it is, ysscky

Cancuk
09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
You stuck E on your anus? What does this mean? When someone say's 'anus', I don't this ass. I think ass hole.

You're hot.

Pyromaniac
09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
try this book for ideas (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060732466/ref=sib_rdr_dp/103-3895402-9695859?%5Fencoding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DE R&st=books)

"I came to know God experientially, from being [censored] in the ass."

"my ass is my very own back door to heaven."

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm not hung-up when it comes to drugs, but I don't consider ecstasy use "harmless." Less than 10 doses have been shown to cause brain damage in lab monkeys, the effects of which are still measurable some seven years later. That's not mild.

That said, I've known quite a few men who kept using it well into their thirties, but the vast majority of them were gay. But ecstasy was huge in the gay community before the hippies discovered it. So take that for what it's worth.

So to recap: Your boyfriend and his friends are brain-damaged closeted homosexuals. They're probably sticking E tablets up each other's anuses as we speak.

So let's see...you're 26, like to smoke pot and you have a job? If you're physically attractive, can cook, and are willing to support a handsome, funny dude who hates to work, give me a call. Ditch the dude w/ the damage and find yo-self some REAL ecstasy, if you get my drift.

Victor
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Woah, wait. You can get high off of sticking E up your butt?

[/ QUOTE ]

its the best way to give you the most intense and longest trip. ive never done it but thats what they say and i know many who have. it absorbs into your blood stream fastest.

Victor
09-22-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Less than 10 doses have been shown to cause brain damage in lab monkeys, the effects of which are still measurable some seven years later. That's not mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

these results are hella skewed. the doses they gave to monkeys was far more in terms of dosage to weight ratio as in humans.

e is bad for you and likely screws your brain up if you take a ton of it. but used responsibly it is not likely gonna leave any long term problems.

imported_The Vibesman
09-22-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Less than 10 doses have been shown to cause brain damage in lab monkeys, the effects of which are still measurable some seven years later. That's not mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse than brain damage, it also causes its users to start using the word "hella" constantly. Advanced cases have even seen unfortunate subjects using the word in print.

bugstud
09-22-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

these results are hella skewed. the doses they gave to monkeys was far more in terms of dosage to weight ratio as in humans.

e is bad for you and likely screws your brain up if you take a ton of it. but used responsibly it is not likely gonna leave any long term problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is it's just like any other drug where one use can often do it. It redoes with brain chemistry and we all should know just how bad that can be.

krimson
09-22-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You actually can. I read somewhere that by "plugging" it, you actually get more of the MDMA into your system than by just swallowing it. Up your butt, your intestines absorb it more directly into the bloodstream without your stomach acid , etc. neutralizing the drug.

maybe the original poster would be less uptight if she let her boyfriend put things other than his E pills in her pooper?

[/ QUOTE ]

The term is "plunging". Yes it intensifies the effects. However, I never understood why people don't just buy a second pill in this day and age. I mean, e used to cost like $30-$35 a pill so people would stick it in their pooper and drink their pee while coming down, everything they could to get their moneys worth. But now you can get a pill for $10-15 so just buy another one if you want to intensify the experience.

Cancuk
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's ok if the grown man is doing it with his kids and filming it for HBO.

[/ QUOTE ]

here, here

Shajen
09-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, fine, I'll go ahead and say it.

Yes, it's strange for a 32 year old man to do E on the weekends.

Its strange for any man over college age to do E. It's a club drug. Most "older" folks don't do silly drugs like E after their college years.

lucas9000
09-22-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these results are hella skewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who use the word "hella" should be banished to the same circle of hell as the morans who use the word "chillax."

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people who use the word "hella" should be banished to the same circle of hell as the morans who use the word "chillax."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention "ship it" and anything ending in "izzle".

Slow Play Ray
09-22-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention "ship it" and anything ending in "izzle".

[/ QUOTE ]

fo' shi...sure.

FrankStallone
09-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Tell me if this is weird. I am 35 and like to eat out girls asses with E in it. The reason I do this in the first place is because The E has put various holes in my brain. I also enjoy sticking butter in my ass and letting it melt onto toast.

SackUp
09-22-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SIIHA

[/ QUOTE ]

this should bve teh first and last time this term is used.

jakethebake
09-22-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SIIHA

[/ QUOTE ]

this should bve teh first and last time this term is used.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was awesome coming from gorie.

Victor
09-22-2005, 03:54 PM
perhaps i should have said "uber" like the rest of you internet geeks.

yall are just hatin on my ghetto style....yo! word up!

Blarg
09-22-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Its strange for any man over college age to do E. It's a club drug. Most "older" folks don't do silly drugs like E after their college years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they do coke and much less silly things, like crack, instead.

Shajen
09-22-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they do coke and much less silly things, like crack, instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you kids, here is a man that gets it.

09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The term is "plunging". Yes it intensifies the effects. However, I never understood why people don't just buy a second pill in this day and age. I mean, e used to cost like $30-$35 a pill so people would stick it in their pooper and drink their pee while coming down, everything they could to get their moneys worth. But now you can get a pill for $10-15 so just buy another one if you want to intensify the experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so in an effort to save a whopping $30-35 people used to
1. Stick something up their ass and,
2. Drink their own urine

And there are questions as to whether or not this causes brain damage?

theben
09-22-2005, 06:22 PM
yes it is. you goddamn hippies piss me off. grow up and act your age

09-22-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am calling BS.

No girl post about sticking stuff in her anus on her first post. Maybe on her second, but not her first. The other give away was how she likes to smoke pot and does not mind her boyfriend getting messages from hot girls while high on ecstacy. At least make it believable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that in order to get any replies on OOT I would need to include things like "anus" or "pot". Sure, I would never admit to any of this in person but the point of a forum is that we can have anonymous conversations with each other. Get out of your little box of prissy girlies and meet some real ladies who are not scared of their rectal passages.

Slow Play Ray
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
real ladies who are not scared of their rectal passages.

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

Pokeraddict
09-22-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this doesn't mean I have to become a "grown man" by next year when I turn 32.

[/ QUOTE ]

masse75
09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me if this is weird. I am 35 and like to eat out girls asses with E in it. The reason I do this in the first place is because The E has put various holes in my brain. I also enjoy sticking butter in my ass and letting it melt onto toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know which is funnier...the post, or that I can actually imagine Frank Stallone saying that.

rohjoh
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am calling BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that in order to get any replies on OOT I would need to include things like "anus" or "pot". Sure, I would never admit to any of this in person but the point of a forum is that we can have anonymous conversations with each other. Get out of your little box of prissy girlies and meet some real ladies who are not scared of their rectal passages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still cal BS. How did you find OOT?

09-22-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can see a femme using pooper, but anus does strike me as funny. I don't think I've ever heard a woman use the word, but guys tend to get the male equivalent of giggles over words like that. I dunno, I have my suspicions too.

If it's not a joke account, why worry if you are both getting along okay?

It sounds first of all like you are doing the female thing of taking random things out of life and turning them into symbols, and then turning those symbols against someone, so this does sound like it could be femme-written. You're taking this e-use, and your dope use too, as symbols instead of just what they are, and trying to attach some kind of grand or cosmic meaning to it. Very chick.

Resist the urge to dramatize your life and make random or meaningless things into dramatic ups and downs or revelations. They're not. The world is not all a stage and you're not the heroine of the story. You're just going to have to schlep through it like everyone else and maybe not get any Pulitzers at the end.

If there's a dissatisfaction or feeling of emptiness in your life that makes you want to dramatize it, you're probably too boring and indifferent, so find something meaningful and interesting to occupy your time, mind, and soul -- or even anus -- with. If you want a more interesting life, become a more interesting person. Don't try to fill voids with conflicts, moods, wishes, and attitudes -- actually go do stuff. If you want to be the star, live by doing more than just existing.

I see so many couples creating melodrama just so they can enjoy the make-up after, or feel like there is all kinds of drama in their existence, when really they are doing very little to inhabit their own lives, as if they were absentee landlords of their own bodies. Like clowns, they have no real confidence to try anything hard or even just new in life, so they just waste their energy by stupidly clubbing each other about the head with it.

Do you want a certificate or something to say you've reached adulthood? A visit from Mickey Mouse or a congratulatory handshake from Ed McMahon?

Just live your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we get along better than any couple I know. We trust each other completely and always watch out for each other. I just don't get the whole E thing and wanted to hear about other peoples experiences with it. (Although it looks like everyone is more interested in the whole anal thing...but that's ok bc the comments are really funny). You do give great advice though, and everyone should listen (including me).