PDA

View Full Version : Come over the top with my 44 here?

Ortho
09-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Party $11.

Villain is very loose (like 65s loose in the early going) and has been raising with probably 1/3 of the hands he's played. I'm not really sure what his range is, nor what to make of the raise, but it includes at least most aces and all pairs, and probably any 2 broadway. If he had limped, I'd think there was a good chance he would fold to a push, but I haven't any idea if he can lay down after putting 250 in. I'm sure he'll call if he has an overpair to my hand or a big ace; I'm not so sure about something like KT.

UTG(2650), UTG+1(775), and MP(2000) all fold.

CO (970), makes a 2.5x raise to 250, leaving him 720 back. Button (730) and SB (205) fold.

I'm in the BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I have 620 before posting. I'm wondering if I should come over the top all-in. I think he'll often call, but I get 770:520 on my stack if he does. I've been folding this most of the time but I'm pretty clearly not playing enough late since I started at Party and wonder if this is a good time to gamble, or if I'm essentially just calling an all-in with a weak hand.

pineapple888
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Easy push, even if he wasn't loose. You are getting very short-stacked and figure to be a slight favorite most of the time. With the money already in the middle, it's a no-brainer.

He has the pot odds to call with virtually anything. Be happy it's against a loose player, since you may even be a big favorite occasionally if he has a 2, 3, or 4.